Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: DeathSG Minimash V1.3d! Up for grabs!  (Read 130797 times)

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: DeathSG Minimash
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2012, 12:01:14 AM »

The new ships are friggin awesome--after seeing a frigate with a goddamn autopulse laser i was skeptical but my sickle frigate kicked its ass and the new beautiful SRM's on my thrasher also worked well. The problem is the other frigates arent that good not that the new frigates are overpowered, if a thrasher can still compete then everything is fine.

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Pack(TT station+Nomad+Starfarer Extended+Junk Pirates)
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2012, 12:53:57 AM »

guys thanks for the feedback i will try to get the balancing done asap.
Probably shouldn't call it a mod pack if you're modifying the mods while adding them to the pack :)
Or at least put a note somewhere that you're adding your own modifications to them.
Otherwise folks might bring up balancing issues and such that don't exist in the base mod in the mod's thread

I think you should just help the mod creator to improve balancing or it become a mess and you have to constantly rebalance every time a new version of that mod come out. If a mod is too unbalanced remove it until it is corrected.

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2012, 12:57:03 AM »

Hey DeathSG, would it be possible for you to list exactly which mods are in this pack? And maybe the biggest changes you made to them? Just for clarity's sake. :)

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2012, 12:59:10 AM »

suggestion: write in the mod description the version of every mod used

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2012, 01:00:47 AM »

The scarab sucks i dont know why everyone is complaining about it--shepard is goddamn deadly! Captured an owl pulse cruiser and turned it into a ballistic cruiser with okims 14mm's on the rear turrets with both targetting AI and the 25% range increase, it just sits there spewing death from its endless magazines.

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2012, 01:04:24 AM »

The scarab sucks i dont know why everyone is complaining about it--shepard is goddamn deadly! Captured an owl pulse cruiser and turned it into a ballistic cruiser with okims 14mm's on the rear turrets with both targetting AI and the 25% range increase, it just sits there spewing death from its endless magazines.
Okims said that his weapons were not balanced against vanilla weapons so they may be overpowered

DeathSG

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2012, 05:12:16 AM »

thats cause i nerfed the scarab.

SuxpanD

i would love to but i kinda forgot where i editted
but heres a list of what i can remember

currently there are like 8 factions in the game(but only 7 pardons)
i changed some of the ship's shield efficiency
nerfed some ships like the scrab and the owl
added a pirate station and convoy

yup thats all i remember.

I am adding new ships like the rapier,pelican,longsword fighter, bloodhound(upgraded hound), and more stuff.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:36:09 AM by DeathSG »

Net-burst

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2012, 10:11:27 AM »

Maybe you can also add ships from Confederacy of Free Stars?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »

Can you add my mod into the list? ;D but i still haven't gotten it into campaign so..... Can you still add it even though?

captaincornbeard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2012, 10:15:10 AM »

does 0.7 still have those annoying goose fleets? XD

just got this mod yesterday and restarted my game so that would be the only worthwhile incentive for me to start over from scratch again today lol.

which reminds me, is there any work being done into modifying save files with mods? is it possible at all? would make it much easier to test mods out :)
For fifteen thousand cycles, the Domain ruled the known galaxy with a dash of justice, a dash of tyranny, and a generous helping of progress, but now, the Domain of Man slid into a silent decline.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2734.0

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2012, 10:34:43 AM »

Can you add my mod into the list? ;D but i still haven't gotten it into campaign so..... Can you still add it even though?
This is a campaign-only mod right now, so he probably won't add it. He didn't want to add Junk Pirates before because he thought it didn't have a campaign either, so yeah. Go finish that campaign update! ;)

does 0.7 still have those annoying goose fleets? XD

just got this mod yesterday and restarted my game so that would be the only worthwhile incentive for me to start over from scratch again today lol.

which reminds me, is there any work being done into modifying save files with mods? is it possible at all? would make it much easier to test mods out :)
The goose fleets still seem to be there in my 0.4 savegame under 0.7. I personally love them, even though they're OP. I always chuckle a bit when I see one.

As for modifying save files, what do you mean? You can edit actual save files just fine, even with mods installed. Just need a good text editor to handle the increased load - Notepad++ is a great one if you're running Windows. If you mean porting save files to work with other mods or vanilla, I have no idea. I could imagine that being very hard if at all possible, though.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:37:45 AM by SUXpanD »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2012, 10:35:54 AM »

Yeah, i'm trying to, don't worry ;D, but i have some problems......

SgtAlex86

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2012, 10:52:24 AM »

:/ newest update disabled my DEV mode...  :'(

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2012, 02:25:52 PM »

God i love the different cruisers! just have a single frigate left, 2 cruisers 1 destroyer because the frigates were to fragile. I'm going to buy that LRM cruiser soon but i'm afraid it will act like a *** and try to ram other ships.

The only balance okims weapons need is the price, if you do a comparison on their effectiveness you'll see they just expand your options and dont replace any weapon. I love the 14mm's because a small ballistic weapon that is truly only for PD should not generate flux. I love his selection of ballistic small/medium/large weapons and his large SRM mounts are wonderful with their decent ammo count.

ClosetGoth

• Commander
  • Permanently TTRPG-brained
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »

Hey, like others have said:

Can you please put the current version in the title?
Starfaring since the very beginning of 2012
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19