Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: DeathSG Minimash V1.3d! Up for grabs!  (Read 131321 times)

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Pack(TT station+Nomad+Starfarer Extended)
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2012, 01:36:19 PM »

Are you using a PC with Windows on it? If so, grab 7-zip. It's freeware and does .rar files just fine. :)
Perfect! Thanks :p.

Now onto the mods, yeah, I feel a lot of them are quite overpowered. Tempted to go into them and do a little nerfing myself...

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2012, 01:47:43 PM »

Oh boy every new ship i encounter seems the be someones fantasm at making an overpowered spaceship. I just had a frigate literally purge its full flux in 1 sec.

At least give us one of the new overpowered frigate to start with. Right now the easiest fleet i can find are the ones without new frigates, and those are 4+ ships, and i am alone in my starter graviton beam frigate.

It seems like a good few ships have some issues with their shields right now. So far I have not been able to even dent the shields on an Iguana-class (Nomad) ship, and the Scarab-class ships barely take any damage to their shields either. They either have insane amounts of shield power, or I am way misjudging their ranks.

Edit: Woo! Just managed to kill a Scarab-class through lots of fancy moves, and then captured it. :D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:55:21 PM by SUXpanD »

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2012, 01:53:37 PM »

Oh boy every new ship i encounter seems the be someones fantasm at making an overpowered spaceship. I just had a frigate literally purge its full flux in 1 sec.

At least give us one of the new overpowered frigate to start with. Right now the easiest fleet i can find are the ones without new frigates, and those are 4+ ships, and i am alone in my starter graviton beam frigate.

It seems like a good few ships have some issues with their shields right now. So far I have not been able to even dent the shields on an Iguana-class (Nomad) ship, and the Scarab-class ships barely take any damage to their shields either. They either have insane amounts of shield power, or I am way misjudging their ranks.

Yea, three of the four mods here add some powerful ships. SF extended has ships with  shields that are almost all 0.5 efficiency (best in default game is .6) and one is .26 efficiency. The Nomads are .4. The junk pirates Langoustine is .35. The flux venting on some of the ships is extreme too.

Take the scarabs, for example - 450 vent on most of the models. The standard lasher is only 200, assault variant 220. Even the extremely expensive Hyperion is only 380, tempest 325.

I tried to keep the ones in my mod balanced - same stats on the ones I made variants of, and the carrier hhas stats similar to other cruisers. Even so, the Gorgon (medusa variant) ends up being extremely strong due to the weapon loadouts I gave it heh.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:58:22 PM by Paul »

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2012, 02:53:10 PM »

It seems like the SF Extended ships are the most overpowered at this time, granted I haven't fought all of them yet. (probably oughta say something over on their thread instead of here come to think of it) But anywho, the compilation adds a LOT of life to the Corvus system, it seemed incredibly empty in the base version. (no offense Alex, we know it's incomplete still!) Would it be possible for us to get a table explaining which factions are hostile to each other, and possibly directions on how to change that if we want?

DeathSG

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2012, 04:50:40 PM »

guys thanks for your feed back
i will try to make changes to it as soon as possible cause i'm still schooling and all
guys one more thing what does the 8/6/5/4% in the ship data mean?

Paul
i tried using your generator but it keeps giving me an error when i run the game thus i had to merge it with the junk pirate's sector gen.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:02:27 PM by DeathSG »

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2012, 05:08:21 PM »

guys thanks for your feed back
i will try to make changes to it as soon as possible cause i'm still schooling and all
guys one more thing what does the 8/6/5/4% in the ship data mean?

Paul
i tried using your generator but it keeps giving me an error when i run the game thus i had to merge it with the junk pirate's sector gen.

What error? It's a really simple gen file, shouldn't be throwing any errors.

DeathSG

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2012, 05:17:35 PM »

hmm it keeps telling me that is has some compilation error.

edit: nullpointerexception if i remember correctly.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:20:39 PM by DeathSG »

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2012, 05:23:30 PM »

Did you delete my generators.csv? That's necessary so the game loads the gen file.

-edit- That doesn't cause a null pointer exception though, it just doesn't read the gen file. Not sure what you're doing.  ???
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:26:48 PM by Paul »

DeathSG

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2012, 05:29:23 PM »

hmm i didn't i just added the junk pirate's sector gen in it and it gave me the error.

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2012, 05:35:45 PM »

No clue what might be causing your error. I just pasted my GRModGen file and my generators file into your mod compilation and fired it up after erasing the part of it that was in sectorgen, works fine.

Either way, the only piece you're missing out of my gen file is token = system.createToken(15000, 0); before adding the GR convoy spawn point. Without that it's using the same token it made for the hegemony convoy, which is a bad idea since hegemony and GR are enemies so they may wind up fighting as they spawn in lol.

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2012, 05:40:34 PM »

I posted this link in another forum before, and the pack has not failed me yet: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21361209/Bags+o+Joy.rar

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,167782.msg5221142.html#msg5221142

It's all compatible.
Nice link! I'll hold out for this mod though (assuming the Junk Pirates mod starts working), as it will be a bit more up-to-date. ;)

Do you mean the junk pirates mod in there isn't working? I've got it to work on mine. What OS are you using?
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

DeathSG

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2012, 05:41:18 PM »

haha
yea i editted that part.
and some other bugs u mentioned.

I'm just gonna keep the sector gen as it is now cause i'm afraid i might screw it up again.
haha

Flare
i got it to work already but thanks for your help!

DeathSG

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2012, 06:15:14 PM »

I really need a testing team to test out the newer versions for bugs and balance issues before releasing them to the public

So who wants in?

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2012, 06:29:13 PM »

We need a proper way to determine the "power" of a ship.

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »

I'd be glad to help, where do I sign up?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19