Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Transponder Requesters shouldn't attack if your fleet is massively larger  (Read 1884 times)

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile

When a hostile patrol discovers I don't have my transponder on, they will always engage if I refuse to turn it on. If I turn it on, they will choose to flee or engage as normal.

Perhaps the patrol could leave and come back with more ships if I refuse and greatly outnumber them.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community

Procurement pirates have this problem too.

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile

This is one of a handful of minor issues with the campaign level AI. I'm guessing these mechanics just haven't had a proper development pass in a while, and will be expanded on and improved in coming patches to accommodate new content that will require more options.

tinsoldier

• Commander
    • View Profile

Doesn't this also apply to friendly patrols when you refuse to turn on your transponder?  In either case, I agree they shouldn't engage the player if they wouldn't have normally.

If they don't engage then the player should still get an additional reputation penalty as if you did fight them (or nearly as much if not quite) and the patrol should maintain contact (perhaps it can blast out some sort of distress call to attract nearby fleets, call for backup!).