Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.8a] A REDACTED fighter with very strange weapon positions? (MINOR SPOILERS)  (Read 1481 times)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Not sure if this is a bug, but I was looking at the hull and variant files for the Spark Interceptor, and noticed something odd.

This is a copy-paste of my comments in the Discord channel:

Huh. The Spark has weird weapon arcs. I knew it had two Burst PDs, but I didn't know the arcs. Just looked them up.

Get this: The Spark has three available weapon slots in its .ship file. A 4-degree hardpoint facing forwards, a 200-degree turret at a 20 degree offset to the left, and a 220-degree turret at a 20 degree offset to the right. Like, wat? They aren't symmetrical.

But it gets weirder. Only the first two are used by the lasers. So the Spark has one Burst PD that fires directly forwards, and a second one in a wide-arc turret aimed slightly to the left.

Go figure.

Just curious if this is a mistake or an intentional design decision? And if the latter, any particular reason why?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's a bug. Actually noticed and fixed it recently while nerfing the Spark into the ground.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's a bug. Actually noticed and fixed it recently while nerfing the Spark into the ground.

Haha, fair enough. Good to hear it's getting nerfed nonetheless.  :P

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile

NOOOOOO.....
My beautiful sparks.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!