Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.8a-RC19] Projectiles spawn too far from weapons  (Read 1688 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.8a-RC19] Projectiles spawn too far from weapons
« on: May 18, 2017, 12:18:48 PM »

I just got hit by atropos with my shields on. The trick was I got hit in the rear while facehugging Lumen. It isn't just atropos, though, but I thought that missiles were immune to this, but sadly not.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a-RC19] Projectiles spawn too far from weapons
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 12:27:34 PM »

Hmm - probably what happened was it impacted the shields while not armed, then bounced around (possibly going through the shields during the bouncing process) and ended up hitting you in the back. Which is possible, yeah, but not a bug.

It's possible I'm misinterpreting something you said, but I'm pretty positive Atropos don't *spawn* far enough to bypass shields right off the bat. That'd be super noticeable, where they clearly look like they're launching smoothly from the racks.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 12:32:47 PM »

Then they spawned inside brawler's shield and then... Bounced to the back. I didn't consider this an option since it'd be more logical to bounce back at Lumen instead of my back.
Wait, I'm going to fetch you a video of that.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 12:42:02 PM »

Wow, it's actually worse. (yes, it's conquestcube from mod, but I believe it's the same principle. If I knew how to make AI ships brainded with raised shields I could test it without mods) To be clear, it's VERY specific scenario, because if most of missiles isn't inside the shield, it won't work.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 01:11:44 PM »

Ah, ok, yeah, definitely a bug - not what I was picturing at all. Thanks for the report and the gif; fixed!