Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: -55 reputation with independents for attacking a cloaked pirate.  (Read 1865 times)

Dias Flac

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So I was off in deep spess doing a derelict ship mission and I was getting harassed by this pirate group. I applied a firm back hand to their front side and sent them running. They then went dark and then buzzed around keeping me from scaving. I figured they fancied a second go so I popped it into sustained burn and chased them down.

Before I engaged I opened up the comm link to affirm my offender was indeed the same pirate that harassed me before (I want my vengeance to be verified). It's the same pirate and they're faction icon was indeed of the pirate. I send my second in command to give them a proper thrashing once more and they ran off.  The independent faction then went from neutral 55 to hostile at -55 rep for me in an instant.

I know if I were Heg space and I was dark that alone would grounds for them to throw the book at me let alone if I was pirate.

I'm a very "I am the law" kind of player so nothing tickles my pickle more than laying the smack down on pirates. If they get a instapass for going dark it's really gonna ruin my vindictive play style.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: -55 reputation with independents for attacking a cloaked pirate.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 11:24:45 PM »

So I was off in deep spess doing a derelict ship mission and I was getting harassed by this pirate group. I applied a firm back hand to their front side and sent them running. They then went dark and then buzzed around keeping me from scaving. I figured they fancied a second go so I popped it into sustained burn and chased them down.

Before I engaged I opened up the comm link to affirm my offender was indeed the same pirate that harassed me before (I want my vengeance to be verified). It's the same pirate and they're faction icon was indeed of the pirate. I send my second in command to give them a proper thrashing once more and they ran off.  The independent faction then went from neutral 55 to hostile at -55 rep for me in an instant.

I know if I were Heg space and I was dark that alone would grounds for them to throw the book at me let alone if I was pirate.

I'm a very "I am the law" kind of player so nothing tickles my pickle more than laying the smack down on pirates. If they get a instapass for going dark it's really gonna ruin my vindictive play style.
Pretty sure this is a confirmed bug that will be fixed in .8.1
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 01:23:27 PM »

Yeah, made a note to check out something else related as well. Thanks for the report!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 12:10:36 PM »

(Fixed; finally got around to this.)