Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: the ai in this game is really good.  (Read 2997 times)

adecoy95

• Ensign
    • View Profile
the ai in this game is really good.
« on: February 26, 2012, 12:28:29 AM »

i just wanted to mention, that the ai in this game is surprisingly good. it never ceases to surprise me how its capable of pushing the advantage and pulling the pressure off its allies, all the while taking advantage of its enemies weaknesses.

in most space games like this i play, the ai will just barrel down on you and never stop, making them rather predictable and uninteresting. but that never happens in this game, making each fight feel more dynamic and rewarding.

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
Re: the ai in this game is really good.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 12:40:48 AM »

this is very very true, and ships have different AI as well from the looks of it, say a tempest flies differently than an onslaught i love that, i have played more than a few space games and most ships except bombers usually fight in the same way.
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 04:15:32 PM »

I was very impressed with the AI too.

The combat AI in particular is very impressive; it seems to know how best to use most of it's own weapons, and also appears to be capable of hit & run, flanking & pincer maneuvers.
The objective based strategic AI (both your fleet, and theirs) is neat too, though I think it could do with some fine-tuning. In particular it's tendency to flee is annoying.

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 01:00:00 AM »

The AI is damningly good. To the point, it's almost frustrating if your ship is just a wee bit slower. Because then they can, and will, pick the time to engage. Rather than simply mindlessly rushing at you all guns blazing.

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 01:24:01 AM »

I just played a short session, and this just about brought me to tears:

It's so beautiful!
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"