Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v1.6.9 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!  (Read 414999 times)

Arrevax

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I just loaded up on mods and was going to start playing again for the first time in over a year, after making peace with not having Tiandong or Blackrock in the current version, and then realized just how many DaRa ships I used to use without even realizing they weren't vanilla. My main goal in my original playthrough (other than just exploring) was to find a Sturmovik S.
I hope the mod's updated soon.

kirpi17

• Ensign
    • View Profile

new stuff and changes? oh boi I need this. *heavy breathing*

playing starsector without this mod feels empty. hope we get the sweet update soon, keep up the good work and be well  ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 05:42:50 PM by kirpi17 »

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile

Are unofficial updates ("bootlegs") something that you oppose, or are they ok by you?

There has been a small amount of recent talk of them in the Starsector Discord, haven't seen any pop up yet but wanted to see if you had a stance.

The relevant line from the license file is:
You may NOT under any circumstances:
- Re-publish this mod or features from it under your own name, even if you have modified assets, without original content credit

which implies that bootlegs are, at least, allowable under the license, with credit given.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Are unofficial updates ("bootlegs") something that you oppose, or are they ok by you?

There has been a small amount of recent talk of them in the Starsector Discord, haven't seen any pop up yet but wanted to see if you had a stance.

The relevant line from the license file is:
You may NOT under any circumstances:
- Re-publish this mod or features from it under your own name, even if you have modified assets, without original content credit

which implies that bootlegs are, at least, allowable under the license, with credit given.

I have no problem with people modifying DaRa files of their own accord to bring the mod up to current game spec. I DO have a problem with such updated versions of the mod being made publicly available.

Obviously I can't stop anyone updating the mod and sharing it, but I am concerned that this could cause problems when I do get around to releasing the official update. On one side, I'd prefer if players are able to add DaRa to an existing save when the update comes out - if they are already using an unofficial version, it's almost certain that moving over to the official version will require a fresh save. On another side, I'm sure people will try to make their own minor changes to the mod's content to balance it in the current game etc., and I don't want those aspects to give a false impression of the official update.

I expect that anyone who modifies DaRa to work in the current game version for themselves, is tech-savvy enough to also understand the consequences of doing so. However, the same may not be said of someone who picks up a modified DaRa file from another user sharing it publicly, and I'd rather they just not have the opportunity to pick up such a version in the first place.

In terms of the license, it's safe to say I was younger and less wise when I wrote that... Perhaps needs an update of its own to reflect the above! I'll just settle for saying, again, that I can't stop anyone doing what they want, I'm merely asking people to think twice and consider the implications.

Hopefully that makes sense, and I appreciate you asking for the clarification.

doctercorgi

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello, and thank you for working on the mod, I can't play a modded game without it, so I've been trying to port it for my own personal use and not for distribution. A barebones update to 0.9.5 would also be amazing if you could spare the time for it.

Mar Sara

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I have no problem with people modifying DaRa files of their own accord to bring the mod up to current game spec. I DO have a problem with such updated versions of the mod being made publicly available.

Would it be more acceptable if someone made a data folder patch to drop into your mod rather than an altered complete version, and posted the patch in this thread rather than it's own post? so as to not displace your work in any way?

I love your mod, and wish I could play with it in the latest version, but lack the knowledge to update it myself for personal use. In any case, I'll be looking forward to when you do update this mod :) Thanks for all your hard work!

Melanoc3tus II

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I just loaded up on mods and was going to start playing again for the first time in over a year, after making peace with not having Tiandong or Blackrock in the current version, and then realized just how many DaRa ships I used to use without even realizing they weren't vanilla. My main goal in my original playthrough (other than just exploring) was to find a Sturmovik S.
I hope the mod's updated soon.

Very important to remember that there's an unofficial update for BRDY on the mod page with Cycerin's permission

Quartofel

• Ensign
  • No Fun, Not Ever
    • View Profile

I miss DaRa

B0SSK3K

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is there any way to make this mod work in the newer version? Really miss this

Kai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v1.6.9 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!
« Reply #369 on: September 16, 2022, 11:20:22 AM »

Is this mod being updated? I am a vanilla starsector enjoyer, but this one left a mark on my soul after a few games with it. Would love to see it return for the 0.95.1a.

Anyway, awesome work, thanks for the fun you brought to my playthroughs! When the base game felt rusty, it made a fresh start feel actually fresh.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 11:23:10 AM by Kai »

miniusAreas

• Ensign
  • Ramming Speed since 2015.
    • View Profile

...We miss you, DARA...

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Neural Interface and two Gypsy Moths are disgusting.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

would you appreciate some feedback?

assuming you said yes:
Spoiler
the wren would look better without the tailfins
[close]
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

coolio

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Ok guess retribution needs a name change now.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Ok guess retribution needs a name change now.

It’s already had one for the coming update, don’t fret.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26