Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v1.6.9 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!  (Read 414979 times)

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Disassemble Reassemble v1.6.0 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!
« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2018, 04:53:53 AM »

I'm running DaRA, Lazylib, Magiclib, Trailer Moments, Versionchecker and my own mod and I'm not getting any crashes from swift burst launchers (and I use those a lot on the Vagrants).

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Disassemble Reassemble v1.6.0 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2018, 09:48:03 AM »

I'm currently running without crashes:

Lightshow, Autosave, Combat Chatter, Common Radar, Console Commnads, Disassemble Reassemble (obvsly), LazyLib, LeadingPip, MagicLib, Rebalanced Pilums, Ship/Weapons Pack, SkilledUp, SpeedUp, UnknownSkies, Upgraded Rotary Weapons, Version Checker, Audio Plus, GraphicsLib

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2018, 10:56:34 AM »

Very strange. @Flare, have you fiddled with any files in other mods, or perhaps even the vanilla settings/files? And are you using the latest versions of all those mods?

Also, on a whim, are you running on Linux? I've heard it has issues sometimes with case sensitivity, so I presume it's a more pedantic OS than Windows - perhaps it has an issue with "optional" fields in a JSON file being missing?

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2018, 06:50:35 PM »

I've made some changes in the strategic layer like number of officers, planets, and increases and decreases in the cost of some hullmods, and the speed of fleets, but other than that I have not modified anything else that would produce widespread changes in combat.

I've narrowed the problem a bit further.
I've turned off all the mods except for this one and the required libs.
I've used only the vanilla Gemini freighter carrier for the firebird bomber wings with the fighter swift burst launchers.
I've also tried each of the four lines in behaviorSpec one by one.

And the problem seems to be isolated to this line:

"splitSound":"hurricane_mirv_fire",

As in adding just this line to the behaviorSpec of the proj file will stop the error and crashing from coming up. Tried checking off the sound in the pre-screen and it still stuffed up.

Maybe it's the audio drivers hiccuping? Anyways, I've managed to stop the crashes so it's not that big of a problem, but I'm just going to post the information here in case someone else encounters the error.

Edit: Here's something interesting. Happened for the Junk Pirate Grapeshot too :o. Gonna test them all.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 07:38:22 PM by Flare »
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2018, 01:45:13 PM »

And the problem seems to be isolated to this line:

"splitSound":"hurricane_mirv_fire",

As in adding just this line to the behaviorSpec of the proj file will stop the error and crashing from coming up. Tried checking off the sound in the pre-screen and it still stuffed up.

That's all you needed to add and it worked? Hmm. Well, I'll add that line myself for the next version, so hopefully that'll fix it up. Real strange that no-one else seems to be having this issue still - could just be a hiccup as you say though. When the next version comes out, if you'd be so kind as to check that all is well on your end, that would be great.  :D

Kittah Khan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 29, 2018, 06:03:54 AM »

Consider finding an alternative sound for the machete laser. It needs a bit of oomph.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 29, 2018, 12:54:43 PM »

Not a bad idea. I'll see what I can do.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Disassemble Reassemble v1.6.1 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!
« Reply #217 on: December 30, 2018, 07:49:15 PM »

Update - Version 1.6.1

[!] This update SHOULD NOT break saves, but you might experience some odd side-effects if you have a Vagrant or Junker in your fleet.

Happy (Almost) New Year!

Time for the rebellious ones to return the favour! This update features much-needed overhauls (and cleanups) of the Vagrant and Junker, which are now sharing the role of "budget warships". Now both available for custom ship production from Day 1, these two ships offer some very cheap combat potential but really shouldn't be relied on. Still, if you're ever in a desperate situation...

Taking the forefront of the fancy additions though, we have THREE new "variations" of existing ships. First up is the gorgeous Manta (P), Disassemble Reassemble's response to the "hotrodded" Falcon (P) we received with Starsector 0.9. Following close behind are a Hegemonized version of the Acanthina-M, and the demilitarized Gemini (Civ) freighter, with tidy blue paint and a generous batch of civilian penalties.

Oh, and there's also a new Remnant fighter for you to encounter out in the wilds!  :o

Alongside the additions are the usual batch of fixes, changes and balancing acts. Take a peek and see what new or old content takes your fancy today!

Spoiler

[close]

As always, check the OP for more details.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 07:56:17 PM by AxleMC131 »

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile

I had noticed that there's another sprite for Triton in the newest update. When you plan on releasing it out? It looks like it could be a really interesting lowtech carrier that's a bit more purposefully built than a mousetrap. As long as it'd would be faster than the le'old condor of course!~

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

I had noticed that there's another sprite for Triton in the newest update. When you plan on releasing it out? It looks like it could be a really interesting lowtech carrier that's a bit more purposefully built than a mousetrap. As long as it'd would be faster than the le'old condor of course!~

Oh, whoops, I need to probably remove that.  :-X It was a random concept I toyed with a while back, as an alternate Carrier version of the Triton. However it's a role fulfilled easily by the Condor, Gemini, and even Mousetrap. Regardless, Disassemble Reassemble has plenty of ships with fighter bays as it is, and I didn't intend to follow through with a "Triton (C)" or similar. Sorry about that.  :P

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile

Oh, whoops, I need to probably remove that.  :-X It was a random concept I toyed with a while back, as an alternate Carrier version of the Triton. However it's a role fulfilled easily by the Condor, Gemini, and even Mousetrap. Regardless, Disassemble Reassemble has plenty of ships with fighter bays as it is, and I didn't intend to follow through with a "Triton (C)" or similar. Sorry about that.  :P

Nah. It's your mod. But this seemed solid and I wouldn't mind seeing another lowtech carrier (with your mod and SWP - suddenly the hightech carrier roster is pretty spicy). Though I got to say that I come to like the Mousetrap. It have a drawback but for that you get the much sought out speed on this thing. So if caught in a bad spot this means there's a chance of saving the carrier if I got to feel. Since the old venerable condor is well... Slow with even the unstable injector onboard (which limits you practically to one wing of something + talon's). For triton I hoped for either full blown carrier or a lowtech gemini counterpart. Either way it'd would be interesting.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

The Triton would definitely have been a Gemini counterpart, not a proper two-deck light carrier. It's a freighter (well, "mixed goods transport") by nature already after all.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile

True. Though I was expecting more of a "empty that hull so we can mount a proper hangar space inside" kind of approach.

Also I'm warming up to the Mousetrap with a nice cautious officer that's above level 12 and proper perks... Though I might have to try Timid one since AI sometimes just loves rub their shields into some angry battleships face (and fail to impress their crew with their hidden and concealed battery of small guns). You know the works.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Hehe. Aye, the Mousetrap's become quite the enigma. I did consider giving it a hullmod that made its primary weapons battery more durable, but thought that was just too much complication. The Mousetrap is gimmicky enough as it is. But hey, a gimmicky ship with a pretty defined role!

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hehe. Aye, the Mousetrap's become quite the enigma. I did consider giving it a hullmod that made its primary weapons battery more durable, but thought that was just too much complication. The Mousetrap is gimmicky enough as it is. But hey, a gimmicky ship with a pretty defined role!

The mouse trap i was running used monodrones for 0 cost, and focused on its long range battery of guns, 4 pellet guns makes for some really good support fire...timid officer of course:)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26