Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v1.6.9 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!  (Read 414992 times)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Disassemble Reassemble v1.6.0 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!
« Reply #195 on: December 14, 2018, 03:21:57 PM »

Major Update - Version 1.6.0 (Starsector 0.9a compatibility)

Consider it a Christmas present from me to you.  ;) I can't even begin to summarise what's new here, so I'll let you read the changelog for the majority of parts.

The important bits? A few ships have been swapped out - the Sparrow-class Corvette has been officially replaced in its role by the Red Arrow (which has also gained a new elite, "stealth" variant in the Black Arrow). The Taurus, one of the oldest remaining ships in the mod, has been replaced, though the similarities between it and the new Trebuchet-class Troop Transport mean I'm referring to it as an overhaul rather than removal. And, everyone's favourite novelty missile, the Kamikaze Talon Launcher, has been exchanged for something a little less (or more?) hacky: an actual Kamikaze Talon Drone fighter wing, with lots of evil red lights, wild attack patterns and a lot of damage when it manages to hit something!

And, my most painful of content pieces, the infamous Vendetta has had another moderate changeup, removing the fighter bay, updating the sprite and fiddling with some minor weapon arrangements.

I'll let you discover the rest of the updates on your own.  :P Please do bear in mind this is a first compatibility update, and several new content pieces (such as blueprint packages) have yet to be fully tested - I'm only one guy - so if you find anything amiss please do let me know!

That aside, that's Disassemble Reassemble up to 0.9 spec, so get your copy today and enjoy!

As always, check the OP for more details.

Tei

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Disassemble Reassemble v1.6.0 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!
« Reply #196 on: December 14, 2018, 03:55:47 PM »

DARA update has come and so have I!

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 14, 2018, 05:43:43 PM »

Hey, this broke my save!
 ;)

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 14, 2018, 07:47:45 PM »

Hey, this broke my save!
 ;)
My save seems perfectly fine. Have you updated Arsenal Expansion recently? I know that their new update breaks saves.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 14, 2018, 10:22:47 PM »

Ah, I'm just ribbing Axle. His bold red text doesn't apply in my case, but it was well worth getting the new version anyway. ;D

travhill20

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 16, 2018, 05:22:16 AM »

Thaaaaaaaaaaanks for the update! Love dis mod!

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2018, 07:56:26 AM »

I haven't post here in a looong time AxleMC131, but since I've begun a new, vanilla friendly playthrough - I thought I'll comment again? It's gonna be a praise of course, since in my honest opinion this and Ships and Weapons Pack had grew to "must have's" on my load list.

Especially worthy of note would be the Red Arrow class and Acanthina. The first for simple wow factor (though it's hard to utilize early on? but a great smuggler boat), the second for how surprising it had turned out to be? Really, I love the Acanthina's and think they should be made vanilla haha, they're just superbly filling the gap that's left in high-tech transports of frigate/destroyer size (we're still missing on dd size tho). It also makes a nice, suprisingly potent alternative for the Nautilus from SWP.

There's still more to be explored but I already love it.

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2018, 09:20:55 AM »

Also gonna throw some praise in. I love how this doesn't go overboard on the weapon additions or the ship additions, just covering a few gaps and providing alternatives. There's also the least power creep out of any mod except maybe Tiandong, which is fantastic.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2018, 09:09:29 PM »

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.  ;D Just don't forget to call out any balance concerns and the like! I'd be real surprised if I'd brought the mod up to 0.9 with no real balance complications.

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 20, 2018, 04:09:37 AM »

Great mod, really adds flavor for pirates and existing factions.

But the Swift Burst Launcher for me have been causing my game to crash recently. Just confirmed with the scenario in the test mission. Is this happening for anyone else? If not, maybe I should redownload.

I have the latest version 1.6.0, as well as the most up to date lazylib as well.

Code
1135163 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.Object.int.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MirvAI.checkSplit(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MirvAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 04:13:04 AM by Flare »
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 20, 2018, 04:37:05 AM »

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.  ;D Just don't forget to call out any balance concerns and the like! I'd be real surprised if I'd brought the mod up to 0.9 with no real balance complications.

The frigate sized ground-support ship (Trebuchet?) is probably 1 maintenance a month too cheap to be honest. It's extremely well armored for a frigate, has decent crew capacity, a built in utility mod, isn't super slow and has great hardpoints. 1 more maintenance is probably even overkill for what it is, but I don't think any vanilla ship has a .5 step in it's maintenance?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 04:40:15 AM by DatonKallandor »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 20, 2018, 08:21:37 PM »

But the Swift Burst Launcher for me have been causing my game to crash recently. Just confirmed with the scenario in the test mission. Is this happening for anyone else? If not, maybe I should redownload.

I have the latest version 1.6.0, as well as the most up to date lazylib as well.

Strange. ??? I just gave them a test myself and they're working fine for me (that's with just DaRa and LazyLib running). Perhaps try redownloading the mod anyway, that's always a safe option. If symptoms persist blah blah blah. ;)

The frigate sized ground-support ship (Trebuchet?) is probably 1 maintenance a month too cheap to be honest. It's extremely well armored for a frigate, has decent crew capacity, a built in utility mod, isn't super slow and has great hardpoints. 1 more maintenance is probably even overkill for what it is, but I don't think any vanilla ship has a .5 step in it's maintenance?

4 supplies per month... Yep, I think you may be right. In testing it did become a fairly strong option - methinks I forgot to double-check its power versus its costs. Tying together its combat and campaign abilities, aye a maintenance raise sounds like a good option. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

Code
- Increased Trebuchet supply usage (maintenance and recovery) from 4 to 5 supplies
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:26:00 PM by AxleMC131 »

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 20, 2018, 09:17:55 PM »

More information on the swift burst launcher: The initial missile comes out fine,. The moment the missile pops and spawns multiple missiles is when the crash happens.

Update: I fixed the issue.

The dara_swift_mirv.proj was missing a few lines in the behaviorSpec that I copied from the type_1_mirv.proj of the hurricane missile.

It was originally this:

Code
	"behaviorSpec":{"behavior":"MIRV",
"splitRange":600,
"minTimeToSplit":1,
"numShots":6,
"damage":250,
"impact":15,
"emp":0,
"damageType":HIGH_EXPLOSIVE,
"hitpoints":80,
"arc":180,
"evenSpread":false,
"spreadSpeed":250,
"projectileSpec":"dara_swift_srm",
#"emptySpec":"type_1_mirv_empty",
"smokeSpec":{"particleSizeMin":10.0,
"particleSizeRange":15.0,
"cloudParticleCount":8,
"cloudDuration":1.0,
"cloudRadius":16.0,
"blowbackParticleCount":0,
"blowbackDuration":0,
"blowbackLength":0,
"blowbackSpread":0,
"particleColor":[175,100,50,200]}
}

This is the working version. The lines with the tic-tac-toe symbols after them are the new ones:

Code
	"behaviorSpec":{"behavior":"MIRV",
"splitRange":600,
"minTimeToSplit":1,
"canSplitEarly":true, ##
"splitSound":"hurricane_mirv_fire",##
"numShots":6,
"damage":250,
"impact":15,
"emp":0,
"damageType":HIGH_EXPLOSIVE,
"hitpoints":80,
"arc":180,
"arcOffset":180,[/b]  ##
"evenSpread":false,
"spreadSpeed":250,
"spreadSpeedRange":50,  ##
"projectileSpec":"dara_swift_srm",
#"emptySpec":"type_1_mirv_empty",
"smokeSpec":{"particleSizeMin":10.0,
"particleSizeRange":15.0,
"cloudParticleCount":8,
"cloudDuration":1.0,
"cloudRadius":16.0,
"blowbackParticleCount":0,
"blowbackDuration":0,
"blowbackLength":0,
"blowbackSpread":0,
"particleColor":[175,100,50,200]}
}

Are all those line required to make the mirv work? Probably not, but I'm not going to spend more time to test it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:19:48 PM by Flare »

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 20, 2018, 09:42:57 PM »

Are all those line required to make the mirv work? Probably not, but I'm not going to spend more time to test it.

I mean, they clearly aren't required cos my version doesn't have them and yet works fine. ??? I'm aware there are new MIRV projectile mechanics under the hood, but nothing's ever popped up telling me they're a requirement. You might have some weird mod conflict going on - what's your full modlist?

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 21, 2018, 03:24:32 AM »

Arsenal Expansion 1.5
Common Radar
Disassembly Reassembly
GraphicsLib
JP_RC
Kadur Remnant
LazyLib
MagicLib
Mayasuran Navy
ORA
Shadowyards
SkillUP
SpeedUp
VersionChecker

Edit: My hypothesis is that the speed up mod might be messing up with the mirv due to this
(canSplitEarly":true,)

I crashed again, and I suspect it might have to do with the fighter version that I did not change.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 03:42:50 AM by Flare »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26