Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v1.6.9 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!  (Read 415013 times)

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v0.9 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2017, 06:58:44 AM »

Nice. Looking forward to seeing this stuff in my saves and in the tourney!

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v0.9 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2017, 10:26:52 AM »

-snip-

* THIS UPDATE WILL BREAK SAVES!!!

-snip-

Well, it sure seems like this mod is actually living up to its name as it can make one disassemble one's own ongoing save and then reassemble a new one to pull oneself together again in a new playthrough or merely in a more-or-less restored playthrough. Still, one heck of a punchline if ya ask me! :D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:33:16 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2017, 01:24:15 PM »

Hehe, well Meso did request I mention Save Transfer as an alternative, so there's always that I suppose.

But yes, save-breaking updates are an unavoidable side-effect of removing content from the mod.

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2017, 11:46:42 AM »

Indeed. My first swing back into SS last year started off with lite modding first and thus so many playthroughs I just restarted instead to feel a sense of joy killing off the same enemy factions with a new ship and new config and weaponry edits of the new ship.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:48:18 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v0.10 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2017, 09:19:50 PM »

Major Update: Version 0.10 - Post-Tournament Rebalance & Content!

Consider it a late Christmas present if you like. Not nearly as much rebalancing as I was expecting to have to do after the tournament, but it's what I've got, and as always there's a bunch more content for you to play with.

Foremost in the balancing, you'll find that the Harrier has done away with the Flux Shunt hullmod, and replaced it with a unique custom "Blockade Shield" mod, helping set its role as a defensive cruiser in stone. Both the Retribution and the as-yet-unintegrated Vendetta have also received healthy speed buffs.

New content! Rounding up 2017 with a tasty mix of tech-levels, we welcome two new frigates to the mix. The Mirage-class Skiff is a pirate missile boat not unlike the Kite in performance, but it can harbour a nastier bite and you may find it harder to swat! On the opposite end of the spectrum the Insurgent-class Phase Frigate arrives, a far more sensible attempt at a phase ship than its previously removed namesake, which aims to impress with its energy weapon-boosting system and capable frontal firepower.

Two new fighter wings also join the mix, both strangely enough with an anti-frigate strike role. High-tech fields the Enigma, a burst-beam-wielding fighter that can ruin the day of many a frigate, while the pirates present the hot-tempered Firebird, a speedy bomber armed with a brand new MIRV version of the Swift missile. Watch out!

Speaking of the Swift missiles, all forms of the Swift have received tasty custom sound effects courtesy of MesoTronik, as has the Starbreaker Particle Beam, the primary weapon on the Starlifter.

Other than that, a new large missile weapon graces the field, hoping to fulfil a missing role in the base game's doctrine: that of a large missile with unlimited ammo. I present the Anaximander MRM Launcher, a swarm-based heatseeking missile system that predates the infamous Salamander and makes a great centerpiece for the WIP Vendetta.

Experimental content is also being added this time around, in the form of a new always-available "Reconnaissance Package" hullmod. This modification is exclusive to frigate hulls, and grants bonus sight range in combat as well as an increase to the zero-flux engine boost, at the expense of cargo space and peak performance time (not to mention a fair few ordnance points). This is a heavily debated piece of content, and as such I implore widespread testing and experimentation, and feedback on whether the hullmod is overpowered at all - or if it even works for you!

That's it from me though, so enjoy the last few hours of the year and try not to do anything stupid. :P And of course, enjoy the update, and don't forget to give feedback!

As always, check the OP for more details.

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v0.10 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2017, 03:03:09 AM »

I'm glad that I re-checked if this mod got an update or not as I was about to start a new playthrough. I gotta say I still sometimes falsely perceive some default faction fleets as some non-default faction fleets due to unfamiliar dots of ships I spot in most fleets, that is until I gaze over what name and color a fleet has which I do anyways to see if it is hostile or not.

I've also grown used to seeing many ships from this mod in multiple fleets of all default factions during battlescape. Ships like Taurus, Wren, Chakram, Gladiator, Harrier, Junker, Katrina, Manta, Retribution.. oh my! :) Went over the ship sprites just now as I was trying to recall which shape has what name. I haven't yet tested nor seen Vagrant or Riven moving about as I meanwhile spent all that time to finish my playthrough with v0.8 version of the mod. Looking forward to seeing new stuff in my new playthrough.

On a side of things in this thread: Kinda weird seeing my previous posts here so close together, feels odd is all. :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 03:13:10 AM by Drokkath »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2017, 03:54:47 PM »

I'm glad that I re-checked if this mod got an update or not as I was about to start a new playthrough. I gotta say I still sometimes falsely perceive some default faction fleets as some non-default faction fleets due to unfamiliar dots of ships I spot in most fleets, that is until I gaze over what name and color a fleet has which I do anyways to see if it is hostile or not.

I've also grown used to seeing many ships from this mod in multiple fleets of all default factions during battlescape. Ships like Taurus, Wren, Chakram, Gladiator, Harrier, Junker, Katrina, Manta, Retribution.. oh my! :) Went over the ship sprites just now as I was trying to recall which shape has what name....

Chakram = Sturmovik

The ship was originally called the Chakram, but after I'd implemented it I was informed that Tyrador already had a ship of that name, so I changed the display name without bothering to go through and change all the files. Just so you know. :P

... I haven't yet tested nor seen Vagrant or Riven moving about as I meanwhile spent all that time to finish my playthrough with v0.8 version of the mod. Looking forward to seeing new stuff in my new playthrough.

The Vagrant is chiefly a pirate ship, and not that rare, so you should see it flitting about soon enough. As for the Riven, that ship was 100% an experimental design and isn't in the campaign (much like the Vendetta) so you won't see it outside of the test mission I'm afraid.

On a side of things in this thread: Kinda weird seeing my previous posts here so close together, feels odd is all. :P

I guess most of the other players of this mod post their feedback directly to me in the Discord channel.  8)

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile

Chakram = Sturmovik

Ahh, that explains quite a bit. I would say "sorry my bad." but in this case I can't fault myself entirely. :D

As for the Riven, that ship was 100% an experimental design and isn't in the campaign (much like the Vendetta) so you won't see it outside of the test mission I'm afraid.

Riven sure sticks out like a sore thumb, in a good way mind you. Its hull conversion from a Falcon is just quite an unusual one but I can see why sideways it can have more thrusters and a different purpose. If anything I'd probably reinforce the left side and add a thruster or two while the launch bay must launch ships a bit more diagonally to avoid smashing its fighters against the structural reinforcment part. Bleh, it looks structurally more-or-less sound as enough mass is on the right side already, though I'd still add a structural support for the left side. :P

I guess most of the other players of this mod post their feedback directly to me in the Discord channel.  8)

Good to know, I do have Discord account but I tend to take time forming my thoughts and in turn my reply speed is too much slower. It's why I stick to old fashioned forum posts.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 12:40:35 AM by Drokkath »

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

How rare is the Sturmovik (S) supposed to be? I have been playing with the mod for awhile but I have never been able to find one in the campaign.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

How rare is the Sturmovik (S) supposed to be? I have been playing with the mod for awhile but I have never been able to find one in the campaign.

How rare? Very rare.

It definitely spawns - I've seen it spawn in a Scavenger fleet myself during testing - but it's extremely hard to come by. If you find one, consider yourself extremely lucky!  ;D

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Just added a couple more gifs to the Weapon Demonstrations tab in the OP. Enjoy!

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2018, 12:47:51 PM »

Been playing with this for a while, and have been enjoying it greatly.
Finally found some Swift missiles and had a bit of a problem.
This happens when I fire the medium mount version in a "live" battle. (Simulator seems to work fine, which is odd.  ???)
Spoiler
Code
4391993 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Missile cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Missile cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MissileTwoStageSecondUnguidedAI.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.d.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.d.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.if.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.if.fireProjectile(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.OoOO.String.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.OoOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.D.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.D.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.OoOO.String(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.if.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advanceLinked(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
Which causes a java popup repeating the first line of the exception to take focus, and boots you back to the desktop when cleared.
I would have picked this up sooner, but Swifts seem to be vanishingly rare.

Mod list for reference:
Spoiler
Audio+
BRDY
Buffalo IIs
DARA
Dynasector
GraphicsLib (comaptability only - no effects because toaster)
Hegemony Auxiliary
Imperium
Lightshow
A custom Portrait pack
SWP
Stop Gap
Underworld
Unknown Skies
[close]

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2018, 09:10:14 PM »

Been playing with this for a while, and have been enjoying it greatly.
Finally found some Swift missiles and had a bit of a problem.....

??? That is... Very strange. That's pointing to an issue with the stock game files, specifically the AI for the missile type "MISSILE_SECOND_STAGE_UNGUIDED", which the Swift uses - for reference, it's the same missile AI used by the Squall MLRS.

I have never encountered this issue with the Swift myself, nor has anyone reported it beforehand, and the Swift as a weapon has nothing "special" about it - in terms of additional scripted stuff. I can't see any mods in your list that overwrite stock files or anything (at least as far as I know). So why this would occur, I have absolutely no idea. Even weirder, why it would occur specifically for the medium version of the Swift launcher, is utterly bizarre.

Just in case this is a strange fluke, try re-installing the mod and see if the error still occurs - and if you haven't already, try to see if the same issue occurs with the small mount version (and perhaps even the single-shot Swift Burst Launcher). At the same time I'll ask the folks in the know on the Discord channel, and see if anyone can shed light on the error.

Other than that, aye the Swifts are a little rare, more-so with additional mods of course, but all the same I'll take a look at their Dynasector spawn weights and perhaps throw them on a few more default variants as well to up the market spawn.

EDIT: Asked on the Discord and gathered a few more questions, specifically to pinpoint if this is a DaRa only issue or a conflict with another mod.

- What were you fighting against, what ships were in the battle?
- Did it crash immediately on firing the missile or later?
- Do you remember what specific ship it was fired at, or which ship the second stage might have fired at?

Any other situational features you noticed during the crash would be helpful.

(Oh, and mod versions is also important to know in case of version compatibility)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 09:24:08 PM by AxleMC131 »

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2018, 10:52:56 AM »

Tried the save again, and could not get the error to appear. Reloaded and doublechecked - Nothing.
Checked the sim again, and nothing.
Re-installed. No difference, seems to have no issues at all.

- What were you fighting against, what ships were in the battle?
A low level named bounty, mostly pirate junkers and a support carrier.
Spoiler
[close]

- Did it crash immediately on firing the missile or later?
It was long enough for 3 (maybe 4) missiles to clear the launcher before the error popped.

- Do you remember what specific ship it was fired at, or which ship the second stage might have fired at?
I had intended to fire it at a frigate (decurion) directly in front of my flagship, but a broadsword wing 'overflew' it at the same time I clicked. So it could possibly have been targetted at them instead.
The swifts were grouped with a pair of small mounted BRDY rage srms, not that that should matter.
Spoiler
[close]

Mod Versions:
Spoiler
Audio+ 1.0.3
BRDY 0.9.0
Buffalo IIs 0.0.3
DARA 0.8
Dynasector 1.3.2
GraphicsLib 1.1.0
Hegemony Auxiliary 1.1
Imperium 1.17.2
Lightshow 1.32
A custom Portrait pack 1.0.0
SWP 1.3.0
Stop Gap 0.1
Underworld 1.1.2
Unknown Skies 0.21

I am aware that I need to update some most of these.
Time willing, I might even manage that someday.
[close]

Even weirder, why it would occur specifically for the medium version of the Swift launcher, is utterly bizarre.
I wouldn't read too much into that, as I have never seen either of the small mounted versions 'in the wild'.
This whole thing is weird as hell, and I feel like a bit of a heel for potentially wasting your time now I can't reproduce this even with the same battle in the same save.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Major Update: v1.0.0 - Grabbing the Bull by the Horns!

... You know what?

I'll let you read the changelog. 8) I have asteroids to mine.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26