Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v1.6.9 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!  (Read 416292 times)

Kwbr

• Commander
    • View Profile

Wow that thing looks sleek, well done

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile

Wow, what a good-looking shuttle  ;)

(post the a gif of the nitro system)
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

(post the a gif of the nitro system)

I intend to. :P

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

I aim to please.

(It's even better with sound, trust me!)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Hotfix - Version 1.4.1-HF1

Just fixing some compatibility messages and wonky visuals, but the new Red Arrow got a little bit cooler. ;) Enjoy!

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Update - Version 1.5.0

Starsector Race Mode - Waypoint Time Trials
A brand new, experimental single mission that puts you in the pilot's seat of a pure-bred, highly-strung speed machine as you attempt to tag waypoints in a battle against the clock!

The 34th annual Persean League Grand Prix. The most prestigious and thrilling starship rally race in the Sector. Your pit team have been toiling away for hours on end making sure your ship is running smooth, hot and fast; your flight crew are in the simulators, brushing up on their maneuvres and course planning; your public representative is giving you a huge thumbs up in front of the waving, screaming crowds of fans displayed on the holoscreen.

Ready to race? Start your engines!

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile

oh hell yes
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Update - Version 1.5.1

Starsector Race Mode - Hailstorm Alley
This time it's a head-to-head sprint through one of the most dangerous asteroid fields in the Persean Sector. Can you handle the pressure?

This is one of the shortest yet most gruelling stages of the rally, which pits competing ships in a head-to-head sprint directly through the thickest portion of Guayota's Disk. Here, the ring system is plagued by debris fragments, meteors and asteroids, often moving at huge relative speeds and threatening to crush any unprepared ship that dares venture into their path. Pilots sport the most intense concentration in order to avoid collisions here, and engineering crews are worked overtime to keep their ship's maneuvering systems from overheating. This stage, often referred to as 'Hailstorm Alley', is infamous for proving time and time again that the PLGP is not for the faint of heart.

Spoiler
Oh, and watch out for a rare but dangerous new pirate ship: the Gypsy Moth class Light Destroyer. She might look like a jumble of parts, but don't let that fool you...
[close]

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile

Any ETA on a .9a update?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Any ETA on a .9a update?

Should be another week or two. There's a couple more big things on my to-do list, but the majority of the basics are done.

joppe_k

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Happy to hear that the update is coming along!

I'd like to take to opportunity to say that DiRa is one of my absolute favorite mods for Starsector. Kitbashed they may be, but I find the designs to be very creative and good looking. I also enjoy the fact that it is not only about combat ships, but that it also has utility and support ships such as the Katarina and the Starlifter. I'd love to get my hands on a Sturmovik salvage barge! One day, perhaps, one day...  :)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Hehe, the Sturmovik (S) is gonna be even more special to get ahold of in 0.9, since I'm leaving it without a blueprint - you'll only ever encounter it as the ship itself.

joppe_k

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Tell you what, I'm very much fine with the Sturmovik (S) being very rare. That means you'll get a proper finders thrill once you do come across the ship. :)

I would guess that the backstory of the ship would be something along the lines: The ship is a limited run conversion from the normal Sturmovik destroyer, made by an eccentric ship builder back in the heydays? Hence, since all of the ships in existence are conversions, there would be no "proper" blueprint for the design.

Here's some food for thought, in case you want to expand the mod in the future: Now that we can receive missions from bars, how about once you HAVE found the ship, a spacefarer in a bar will recognize the Sturmovik (S), and tell you the backstory of their creation? This would then allow the player to to embark on a series of missions to find the birthplace of these ships, and possibly unlock even the blueprint.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

@joppe_k Err, have you actually ever looked at the Sturmovik (S)? Like, even just in the codex? Because it already has a full-fledged description explaining exactly why it's in such limited supply.

The "(S)" suffix means "Stock", usually referring to an original design specification prior to whatever became the standard version of the ship. The Sturm' (S) isn't a conversion; it's the predecessor.

joppe_k

• Ensign
    • View Profile

*Ehm* To be honest, I haven't. I mean, it IS a very rare ship. Sorry, I'll go read the codex entry.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 01:33:34 AM by joppe_k »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26