Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95.1a is out! (12/10/21); Blog post: Hyperspace Topography (10/12/22)

Author Topic: [0.95.1a-rc6] Filter Hullmods  (Read 1319 times)

Ruddygreat

• Captain
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a-rc6] Filter Hullmods
« on: September 16, 2022, 08:22:50 AM »

^click here to download!^
requires lazylib
Adds a small selection of hullmods that can be used to filter weapons based on certain characteristics.
(no demo gif yet because I'm lazy and the mod's simple)
Current filters -
  • Damage type
  • Range
  • PD / Non-PD
  • Beam / Projectile
See the mod's settings.json to change the bands for short range and long range, midrange falls between the two

Known issues / potential questions
  • "I added the hullmod and now my ship is 10k+ op over the max, help!" - this is a limitation with how the game handles unequippable weapons (if a weapon's op cost is above 10k it can't be equipped & won't show up in the list), unfortunately it can't be fixed by me
    • you can fix this by either removing the "filter main" hullmod or removing the weapon(s) that don't fit with the current filters that you have selected
  • "Why isn't there a filter for X" - Because I don't want too many & couldn't really be bothered to make more, if there's demand for more filters I'll add them later
maybe todo later
  • add a description to the main hullmod that breaks down the current filters
  • get nice icons for the filters
  • add a set of filters for wings
Special thanks to rubi / rustyCabbage / asyndeticaly for giving me the idea & reminding me that this is even possible!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 05:22:09 AM by Ruddygreat »