Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Why MUST we play the tutorial first?  (Read 31186 times)

zaimoni

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Why MUST we play the tutorial first?
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2017, 12:03:12 PM »

Guess we'll have to cater to people who would give a negative review because of forced tutorial now.

That said, I did expect the then-non-existant campaign tutorial to be in its separate tab, in an independent map, explain game mechanics in a more out-of-universe tone, and end as soon as it's done its job. The current tied-in introductory quest is nice, but the above-mentioned method is also an option.

I guess it would also be the preferred method comes outpost - no reason to gift an outpost just because.

What we lack here is newcomer's perspective. Do they find the tutorial in its current form obstructive?
We have that elsewhere on forum.  We have one report of outright failing the tutorial (due to prompts not being read in realtime), and I found it reasonable as long as all prompts were read -- which very much depended on how well-rested I was when playing it.

I think if the choice regarding the tutorial was suppressed when it was fake, and the prompts enhanced as reviewed elsewhere, that there wouldn't be a problem.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]