Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shepherd vs... Salvage Rig  (Read 13598 times)

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Shepherd vs... Salvage Rig
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 11:19:22 AM »

Nuts to that. Fuel consumption from fleet bloat can easily eat an entire mission paycheck when round-tripping to distant sectors.

I can honestly say that fuel has never been the reason a long-distance run has gone into the red. It has always been supplies or lost ships that have done it for me. Even with a stupidly bloated, fuel-inefficient fleet. In fact, I've had more trouble actually finding fuel for expeditions as opposed to losing profit from actually buying it.

StarGibbon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2017, 11:26:39 AM »

Nuts to that. Fuel consumption from fleet bloat can easily eat an entire mission paycheck when round-tripping to distant sectors.

I can honestly say that fuel has never been the reason a long-distance run has gone into the red. It has always been supplies or lost ships that have done it for me. Even with a stupidly bloated, fuel-inefficient fleet. In fact, I've had more trouble actually finding fuel for expeditions as opposed to losing profit from actually buying it.

I was thinking specifically of combat missions with a hybrid combat/salvage fleet, yes.  The double whammy of fuel and supply burn, and carrying around a bunch of ships that dont contribute to your combat effectiveness can easily negate the mission reward.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 07:33:20 PM »

Go to Dune Sindria in Askonia. Those guys have the cheapest fuel in plentiful supply.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2017, 07:59:07 PM »

Go to Dune Sindria in Askonia. Those guys have the cheapest fuel in plentiful supply.

It's the only antimatter refinery in the sector if I recall.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

DeMatt

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2017, 09:12:07 PM »

It's the only antimatter refinery in the sector if I recall.
There's actually several new refineries in the sector now.  Nachiketa (Naraka), Madeira (Tyle), and Yesod (Zagan) all have refineries.  Sindria's still the king of fuel, though, due to its size.

korda

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2017, 12:57:47 AM »

For me it was opposite actually.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 07:00:31 AM »

If you survey a lot of planets and explore around nearby systems when you go on expeditions, you will make so much more profit. I routinely make 500k off survey data and AI cores can be in the millions if you find a juicy warning beacon system. Narrow-mindedly chasing just bounties and probe missions is where you will run into trouble, they don't pay enough all the time justify trips to the edge of the sector. If you find them groups they can be profitable though. I'm rich enough now where i just buy the capital tanker, fill it with fuel, and explore with my full combat fleet (8 or so cruisers and a paragon or astral depending plus assorted carriers, destroyers and frigates) while still making a profit. Even with my horribly inefficient fleet, I almost always run short on supplies before fuel.

Jim.jhd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 11:06:03 AM »

In the early game, Shepherd is one of the best support ship (carrier) with decent cagro and +10% in salvage rating.

However, when it comes to the mid game stage, and u have became a captain of a cruiser travel with a big fleet. U won't put ur cutey lovely Shepherds into the battle cause they are basic just fireworks^
Pages: 1 [2]