Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mod Request: Instantly switch commanding ship  (Read 1585 times)

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
Mod Request: Instantly switch commanding ship
« on: May 10, 2017, 02:51:00 AM »

I understand that shuttle zooming between ships is there for immersion, but for me it is starting to feel like a overly long loading screen before I am allowed back into action.

Sometimes I finish a fleet engagement in a slow ship and want to take control of a pursuit frigate but due to the slow speed of the shuttle I am usually late to the party.

If ship transfers were instant I would be willing to switch ships far more often, get to see more action and have much more fun every single battle.

So if it is possible to make ship switching work instantly on targeted friendly ship through a single key I would be super happy (If that is not possible then at least get rid of the shuttle animation).

If it's a lot of work, name a price an I would be willing to pay ya for the work.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Request: Instantly switch commanding ship
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 04:56:56 AM »

Without the knowledge or skills yet to attempt something like this, can I suggest that (if you don't mind fiddling with stock files) you change the top speed of the Shuttle Pod to something mad in ship_data.csv. Maybe bump up ac/deceleration as well to compensate. It won't be instant, but it'll allow you to transit way quicker.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Request: Instantly switch commanding ship
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 07:02:38 AM »

Without the knowledge or skills yet to attempt something like this, can I suggest that (if you don't mind fiddling with stock files) you change the top speed of the Shuttle Pod to something mad in ship_data.csv. Maybe bump up ac/deceleration as well to compensate. It won't be instant, but it'll allow you to transit way quicker.

That's a start, I'll try it when I get back home.

Though if anyone has a better solution (something similar to the devmode ship takeover), I would super appreciate it.