Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Ctrl Click fills to minimum first  (Read 1906 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Ctrl Click fills to minimum first
« on: May 09, 2017, 02:56:01 PM »

As title says, if I'm short on crew ctrl clicking down fill to what I need, then to max if I do it a second time. 500 crew all at once is too much. Another; ctrl click selling when your transaction is in the red should mass-sell that commodity until your transaction is no longer in the red (will leave you at 0 credits) and then until your transaction will cost you 0 credits, and THEN all of what you've got, if you have enough of x to do so (pertinent for trading excess supplies for equipment).
Also, "take all" should stop at your max capacity on first click, then send your fleet into the red on fuel capacity on second click, or at least allow us to ctrl-click an over-stocked commodity to get our fleets out of the red on capacity. Having to shift-click and specifically drag out the excess quantity, especially when looting in-system while full of fuel, gets tedious & is needlessly disastrous when doing so on limited supply and forgetting to space the extra #
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Ctrl Click fills to minimum first
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 04:53:13 PM »

As title says, if I'm short on crew ctrl clicking down fill to what I need, then to max if I do it a second time. 500 crew all at once is too much. Another; ctrl click selling when your transaction is in the red should mass-sell that commodity until your transaction is no longer in the red (will leave you at 0 credits) and then until your transaction will cost you 0 credits, and THEN all of what you've got, if you have enough of x to do so (pertinent for trading excess supplies for equipment).
Also, "take all" should stop at your max capacity on first click, then send your fleet into the red on fuel capacity on second click, or at least allow us to ctrl-click an over-stocked commodity to get our fleets out of the red on capacity. Having to shift-click and specifically drag out the excess quantity, especially when looting in-system while full of fuel, gets tedious & is needlessly disastrous when doing so on limited supply and forgetting to space the extra #
I'm pretty sure we CAN ctrl click to remove the amount needed from a stack to get under the carry limit
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 04:58:19 PM »

it occurs to me afterwards that that's already implemented, but needing to do it every time is still unnecessary as there's basically no situation in which the range-cost (in supplies) for carrying too much fuel isn't less than the range benefits
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

tinsoldier

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 05:28:35 PM »

It's worth noting that some folks deliberately salvage everything even if it takes them beyond capacity just so they can dump it as cargo pods.  When you leave been salvage it just disappears but if you dump cargo it becomes retrievable cargo pods.  If there is enough loot, you may event want be able to justify paying the additional supply cost to stabilize the orbit of the cargo pods so you can come back weeks/months later for retrieval.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 05:31:29 PM »

It's worth noting that some folks deliberately salvage everything even if it takes them beyond capacity just so they can dump it as cargo pods.  When you leave been salvage it just disappears but if you dump cargo it becomes retrievable cargo pods.  If there is enough loot, you may event want be able to justify paying the additional supply cost to stabilize the orbit of the cargo pods so you can come back weeks/months later for retrieval.

yeah but my suggestion is to make going past cap just a second hit of R, rather than making people who don't wanna do that (pre-endgame) do a flow-breaking mouse-click slider-drag. If you know you want all of it no matter what then you can just smash r twice then exit out of the menu. I'm on a typographical ergonomics bent today