Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Custom level progression after 40  (Read 8815 times)

Maniaks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Custom level progression after 40
« on: May 08, 2017, 11:14:51 AM »

Hello,

Does anyone know, if it's possible to set our own levelup xp tiers for leveling beyond 40?

I know i can simply increase max level in settings.json, but that would be way too fast as i was getting 2 levels per fight even after 30.
I would like to make it take like 5x more xp for next levels.

In case it's not clear i visualize it (arbitrary values):
lvl38 - 100 xp (default)
lvl39 - 110 xp (default)
lvl40 - 125 xp (default)
lvl41 - 225 xp (default pace x5)
lvl42 - 350 xp (default pace x5)

If yes, is it doable without restarting campaign?

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
Re: Custom level progression after 40
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 12:46:57 PM »

there's a "xp required to level up" function in (i think) data/scripts/LevelUpPlugin. Off the top of my head it applies without needing restart. It takes a little coding though.
mmm.... tartiflette

Maniaks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 03:13:55 PM »

there's a "xp required to level up" function in (i think) data/scripts/LevelUpPlugin. Off the top of my head it applies without needing restart. It takes a little coding though.

Thank you, it looks user friendly

my attempt:
Code
if (level < 40) return (long) r; //default return
if (level >= 40) return (long) r*5; //modified
Will test tommorow

sycspysycspy

• Commander
  • Translator of the Council of AL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 09:15:14 PM »

I believe leveling after after 40 is already a very slow process. I think i get to lv 40 within 3 days(not having a lot of bounty huntings), doing exploration for the most of the time and after another 4 days of bounty hunting I only get to lv 50.
Please report any translation error to me with PM.
- I just went over to my bank account and figured out I can live comfortably without working for the rest of my life as long as I die on next Tuesday.

PREDGEHAMMER

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 02:55:32 AM »

Thank you, it looks user friendly

my attempt:
Code
if (level < 40) return (long) r; //default return
if (level >= 40) return (long) r*5; //modified
Will test tommorow
When I put this in the plugin starsector it didn't like the "r" value very much.

I would like to keep on making level progression after 40 because once I hit that max level I loose my drive to really continue grinding out in that character.

Squish Cat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 10:46:39 AM »

I would like to keep on making level progression after 40 because once I hit that max level I loose my drive to really continue grinding out in that character.

I feel the same way.  I use Nexerelin for invasion aspect and try to take over the entire sector for whatever faction I end up joining.  Problem though is that by the time I'm half way done with doing even that, I get bored.  Once I've maxed my level and built my unstoppable death ball of capital and cruiser ships, every fight ends up becoming business as usual.  I think its time I finally go find a [REDACTED] and smack some clowns.  I haven't done that yet.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:36:11 PM by Squish Cat »

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 08:10:04 PM »

Level progression has always been burning me out and then hating a game for it. In SS for example and for the life of me, I can't even play the easy mode legit for long. I have a very short fuse for stress-tolerance and once that fuse gets burnt out I rage quit and let my rage cheat and use the Warp to reverse-engineer ships and then rebuild them as the ultimate god-starships of doom and steam roll the opposition and making them/AI feel like I felt originally.

At least with a god/super-ship I can play SS 100%, relax and just chill out mowing down fleets upon fleets as an alien character.
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 10:16:34 AM »

I believe leveling after after 40 is already a very slow process. I think i get to lv 40 within 3 days(not having a lot of bounty huntings), doing exploration for the most of the time and after another 4 days of bounty hunting I only get to lv 50.

Ya, the exp requirement is insane after that. I need to bump the xp multiply to 5 to make it bearable. You need to hit two very large fleet to gain one level.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 02:16:33 PM »

Ya, the exp requirement is insane after that. I need to bump the xp multiply to 5 to make it bearable. You need to hit two very large fleet to gain one level.
This is because before .8, there was only a soft cap on levels. Said cap was basically massively increased XP requirements to level up. (IIRC, it takes like 2 BILLION or more XP to get to level 97) I think the soft cap was at 40 as well so Alex most likely left it in so that others could go back to the old soft cap days.
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

bonomel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 04:11:08 AM »

The level 40 wall was bugging me as well, so I've ended up tweaking the level progression script to make leveling faster, but only after level 40. Might be useful for you guys so I thought I'd share :)

In the graph below you can see the difference, XP requirement (e4) for level up on the vertical axis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rybdiq4ehtlmo2/7fh83d.png?dl=0

Get the script here if you'd like to give it a whirl. Keep in mind that the game still tracks your XP even after you reached the max level, so after you get some new XP it will bump you up to the appropriate level for the bracket. My current save went from 40 to 56 after discovering a derelict ship :p

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9g3zek4p2e5709q/LevelupPluginImpl.java?dl=0
So, my girlfriend is like a phase ship. High maintenance.. and invisible.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 11:01:28 AM »

I like that approach; yay, less grind :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack