Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

How should the star systems be distributed in the campaign map?

Cluster in the outskirts (current - check screenshot in spoilers)
- 12 (75%)
Spread around the core systems
- 1 (6.3%)
Spread all over the place
- 2 (12.5%)
Other? Leave a comment!
- 1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: [0.9] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.11.0 (2019/10/15) - The Murderous Wedges  (Read 211096 times)

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.11.0 (2019/10/15) - The Murderous Wedges
« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2020, 04:41:00 PM »

anyone know why this mod went from 0.9.1a down to 0.9a? also does anyone have a copy of the 0.9.1a version they can send me?

The mdod was tagged as 0.9.1, yes, but although the mod IS compatible with 0.9.1 it will not be balanced, as it does not have the tweaks needed to be balanced against 0.9.1.

The mod will work, just not really balanced.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

giganticats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2020, 04:57:21 PM »

ok thanks.

Grindfather

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 05, 2020, 07:56:56 PM »

Hey! Fav faction mod so far, the ships are beautiful and the gameplay is great! Do you have plans on updating the URL to work with versionchecker now that the site changed all of that stuff? Besides your previously stated update, reading some of the games new features mentioned in the potential game update, do you have any ideas for the future?

Cheers.

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2020, 06:31:57 AM »

Hey! Fav faction mod so far, the ships are beautiful and the gameplay is great! Do you have plans on updating the URL to work with versionchecker now that the site changed all of that stuff? Besides your previously stated update, reading some of the games new features mentioned in the potential game update, do you have any ideas for the future?

Cheers.

Hey hey!

Yes, the version checker file is something that will be fixed as well.

Regarding the new features coming with the upcoming game update, I still haven't put much thought into it, only gave a quick glance at the patch notes to see if anything interesting is coming, but certainly at some point I'll take a deeper look at them and see what I can add to this mod, as well as add support for other feature mods.

Cheers  ;D

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 30, 2020, 07:22:07 AM »

(In response to the comment that in the meantime has been deleted...  :P )

No, you are not nagging me by asking when the next update is coming, truth is that update has been awaited for a long time, and not only by you.

The next update should see some severe ship balance changes, (not only but also) in order to meet the v0.9.1 ship cost standards, as well as some other changes that are either finished or in the works.

My main issue is most of the stuff I've already made for the upcoming update hasn't been properly tested yet, and even though nothing breaks (that I've seen so far) something not breaking =/= being tested like it should, especially the balancing.

At the moment I'm going through a rough period at work, I had plans already set for earlier this year to try and fix things but they got cancelled due to COVID, and even though I've held my job and haven't been affected in terms of income, working from home and with an annoying work schedule means that often what I'm lacking is not time, but the mindset to leave work and continue programming in a different language late in the night, with the stuff I have to deal with outside of both worlds (work and modding). I enjoy modding, and hope that soon things do get better both at work and in my personal life, as I've seen at times my mod sitting still for a couple of months without a single change being made...

I know you guys enjoy the mod and want to see it thrive and improve as much as I do, but the best and only thing I can ask is to wait, as things will eventually get better and hopefuly I'll be able to go back to the weekly update releases! I do miss those times  ;)

Once again, I'm sorry for any inconvenience the lack of updates may be causing, and allow me to emphasize that even though this mod is not tagged as compatible with v0.9.1 it will still work, but with unbalanced ships compared to v0.9, so you can use this mod, but I do underrstand that the experience won't be that good because of it.

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 30, 2020, 09:24:06 PM »

Once again, I'm sorry for any inconvenience the lack of updates may be causing, and allow me to emphasize that even though this mod is not tagged as compatible with v0.9.1 it will still work, but with unbalanced ships compared to v0.9, so you can use this mod, but I do underrstand that the experience won't be that good because of it.

You are fine with not updating it as fast as possible, you are alive and you have a life to live which is more important than the mod. Take care of yourself!

curtlan124

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 01, 2021, 10:31:51 AM »

I think if somehow possible you should put in Snokes huge as ship from the Last Jedi lol now that will be a ship

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 05, 2021, 10:13:11 AM »

You are fine with not updating it as fast as possible, you are alive and you have a life to live which is more important than the mod. Take care of yourself!

Thanks Capt, hope things are going well (or get better) with youl!  ;)

I think if somehow possible you should put in Snokes huge as ship from the Last Jedi lol now that will be a ship

Well, like I said in the disclaimer at the end of the main post, I am trying to get as far away from Star Wars as possible, have been trying to do so for some time now, so my answer will be a quick "that's not gonna happen, at least not in this mod".  :P

There seem to be a rebirth of "pure" Star Wars mods though, you may try your luck with one of those!

curtlan124

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 12, 2021, 07:16:06 PM »

Oh Didn't see that post my apologies hope what your working on next goes very well

ZappHorrigan

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Very sorry if you are already aware of this, but there seems to be a crash on generating the galaxy now. It appears related to Nexerelin.

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

Very sorry if you are already aware of this, but there seems to be a crash on generating the galaxy now. It appears related to Nexerelin.

Actually no, I was not aware  :o

Could you send me the log file generated by the game as soon as the game crashes when generating the galaxy please? Feel free to contact me through Discord (I'm "Captain Johnny" on the SS server) as well if it's easier for you.

Also, Nexerelin has updated recently in order to fix some crashes, might be worth checking if you have the latest version of Nexerelin as well! If that's not the case, then maybe my mod got incompatible with Nexerelin for some reason, which given how long has been since I've updated this mod can be possible...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 10:03:31 AM by Johnny Cocas »

The Viking Crusader

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Your ships are my favorite to use. Looking forward to using them in .95

sillynimbus

• Ensign
    • View Profile

pls update this the ships are so cool and actually fit in the game
Use the search function, thread locked

Kurtdovah

• Ensign