Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

How should the star systems be distributed in the campaign map?

Cluster in the outskirts (current - check screenshot in spoilers)
- 12 (75%)
Spread around the core systems
- 1 (6.3%)
Spread all over the place
- 2 (12.5%)
Other? Leave a comment!
- 1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: [0.9] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.11.0 (2019/10/15) - The Murderous Wedges  (Read 211101 times)

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

So i hate to ask this, but how do you get to the new Mission that came with the update? bit new to star sector and a bit stupid

The "missions" my mod adds are custom missions that are accessible from the main menu, just scroll the list until you see the FDS flag  ;)

Krytor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.11.0 (2019/10/15) - The Murderous Wedges
« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2020, 02:49:22 PM »

First off, bravo.  Love this faction. 
Just a quick bug report you probably already know:
Ship named Submission is a Cruiser with the stats and description of a Destroyer. Price/Size and DP of a Cruiser.

I hear you are a busy dude, but if you ever get around to updating this mod I for one would be thrilled.  Huge fan of the new weapons.  The Singularity ability is the most fun I've had in this game.  "Nothing personal, kid" every time you hit F.

Thanks a bunch!

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.11.0 (2019/10/15) - The Murderous Wedges
« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2020, 03:59:06 PM »

First off, bravo.  Love this faction. 
Just a quick bug report you probably already know:
Ship named Submission is a Cruiser with the stats and description of a Destroyer. Price/Size and DP of a Cruiser.

I hear you are a busy dude, but if you ever get around to updating this mod I for one would be thrilled.  Huge fan of the new weapons.  The Singularity ability is the most fun I've had in this game.  "Nothing personal, kid" every time you hit F.

Thanks a bunch!

First of all, thank you for all the support! It's always nice to hear such words  ;D

Yes, there is an update in the works that (among other changes) will fix many of the issues with oversized ships for their classes and will remove many of them as well, mostly "duplicate ships" (both visual and in function), and the Submission is one of them! Time has been an issue, yes, and my original plan of releasing it at the end of January is clearly gone long ago... I may call for some vacations soon so I have time to deal with the mod and other personal issues... We'll see!

The singularity ability is still missing something... Maybe not in the next update but soon(ish) I'd like to revisit it and tweak the visuals a bit so it looks more satisfying to use (and scary to fall prey to), so stick around! ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2020, 04:13:35 PM »

I'm downloading this just for the Star Destroyers.   :D

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2020, 04:27:16 PM »

I'm downloading this just for the Star Destroyers.   :D

Eheheh, hope you enjoy it!  ;)

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 21, 2020, 08:17:45 PM »

I've found a problem with this mod.  It is a fairly common mistake that lots of modders make.  Look towards the bottom right corner.

6/4

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 21, 2020, 10:03:57 PM »

I've found a problem with this mod.  It is a fairly common mistake that lots of modders make.  Look towards the bottom right corner.

6/4

They did that on purpose.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2020, 12:36:47 PM »

It's still a mistake.  I don't know why people feel compelled to make factions with more military power than the Hegemony, or single worlds with higher industrial output than the rest of the sector combined.  Is it some kind of power-fantasy thing?  Because it certainly is balance breaking, that's for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I like the mod and I love the ships, but the idea of "Fringe" nation having that kind of doom-stack production ability kind of defeats their own backstory, does it not?

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2020, 05:12:33 PM »

It's still a mistake.  I don't know why people feel compelled to make factions with more military power than the Hegemony, or single worlds with higher industrial output than the rest of the sector combined.  Is it some kind of power-fantasy thing?  Because it certainly is balance breaking, that's for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I like the mod and I love the ships, but the idea of "Fringe" nation having that kind of doom-stack production ability kind of defeats their own backstory, does it not?

You are both right, code does not appear by accident and this is no exception, but it is also true that a bit of common sense and proper testing could prevent things like this to happen....

I'll revisit the planetary systems and tweak this (among other things), don't worry!
Thanks for the feedback/heads up!

jeffg10

• Ensign
  • Cheesus Crust
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2020, 10:41:58 PM »

I'm not sure that it's applicable in this case but a value over the max is not a broken colony, even the player can have a colony 4/2 or a 4/3 colony or some such if the population decreases while still having the same industry, and the game even points this out as intended behavior. I'm not saying it justifies this case as i agree with what was mentioned
in the above posts, but i take issue with the premise of just saying "it's above the max therefore the modder did a bad job" when that feature is working as intended.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 10:46:53 PM by jeffg10 »
"Someone else might have wept or screamed in frustration or even given up right there and perished. But I didn't have the right to do any of those things, not while my people were in danger. Like it or not, I would have to explore this harsh world on my own."

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 26, 2020, 02:06:59 AM »

Yes, the player can capture broken colonies and they'll keep working... you just can't make them yourself via normal gameplay.

IIRC even the vanilla game has one or two of them, the most obvious being the Hegemony capitol world which has every facility in the game stacked there, limits or logic be damned.

The problem with the idea of the "one colony to rule them all" is that they invariably, nay, by design must turn into a 100% export based economy.  They will import literally nothing if they can produce literally everything, and this is bad for the game's overall economy as a whole.  This is probably why the dev put those industry caps on worlds to begin with.

I mention this because, as I discovered the hard way through various wars, when I started nuking my enemies out of existence the income of my colonies fell away to nothing because there was no one left to buy my stuff.  All that surplus was just rotting away in warehouses and colonies that had an income over 100K dropped to under 20K in less than a year.

So what is most likely to happen when Das Ubercolony becomes the "last man standing" and defeats all their enemies?  They sink into bankruptcy, because the upkeep on twelve building slots crammed to the max will likely be higher than their tax revenue, and without anyone to sell to tax revenue is all they get.  Maybe a planet with a habitability rating of 50% might be able to survive, but 200%?  Forget it - they'll sink under the weight of their own excess very quickly.

paulriquier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 29, 2020, 02:03:35 AM »

Hi evryone, first of all, thanks a lot for this mod, i can't tell how exited i was when i saw the design of your ship, but i didn't find any of them right now, so here is  my question, is there colony or planet than i should look at to find those ship and weapon or is it only thanks to blueprint than will have some ? Thanks again for your mod. OH and maybe i misunderstood but i think i heard than you were working on new ship design different from stars wars ? i just thought about The Expanse i dont know if you know this Sci-Fi show but it could be great i think. Thank you for you attention and once again great work people !

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 29, 2020, 02:49:07 AM »

Hi evryone, first of all, thanks a lot for this mod, i can't tell how exited i was when i saw the design of your ship, but i didn't find any of them right now, so here is  my question, is there colony or planet than i should look at to find those ship and weapon or is it only thanks to blueprint than will have some ? Thanks again for your mod. OH and maybe i misunderstood but i think i heard than you were working on new ship design different from stars wars ? i just thought about The Expanse i dont know if you know this Sci-Fi show but it could be great i think. Thank you for you attention and once again great work people !

Yes, there are some planets that will sell said ships. Did you activate the mod in the game launcher and/or unzip it first? If the mod is active 4 new star systems should appear on the map on the top right corner of the core worlds, unless you are trying to load the game into an existing save, a new save is required for the planets to appear

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 29, 2020, 02:58:05 AM »

What are you working on next for the mod? If I recall you wanted to move away from being starwars mod?
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 29, 2020, 03:14:41 AM »

What are you working on next for the mod? If I recall you wanted to move away from being starwars mod?

Indeed I am, but new ships will take time and are not in the top of the to-do list.
Next update there will be some ship balancing, tweaks to some ship systems, some changes and fixes to the planets as well, and probably some more changes.

Regarding the "moving away from star wars" part, there are currently no star wars names nor portraits in the mod anymore, and the only similarity as of now is in the shape of the ships. When new ships are designed at least a couple will still have the wedge shape that became so known to this mod, but the ships will have more variety in terms of shape and weapon placement, and some will have large weapon mounts as well, something that is lacking right now...

This is as much as I can tell right now, time will tell the rest and make this a reality  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18