Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

How should the star systems be distributed in the campaign map?

Cluster in the outskirts (current - check screenshot in spoilers)
- 12 (75%)
Spread around the core systems
- 1 (6.3%)
Spread all over the place
- 2 (12.5%)
Other? Leave a comment!
- 1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: [0.9] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.11.0 (2019/10/15) - The Murderous Wedges  (Read 211094 times)

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

to start things off, we have this nifty little error that pops up once i run the game. game loads fine without fds on. did i somehow not get all the files i needed while downloading?

and to end it two questions.
1: are we suppose to be able to find the bp for the laser weapon the fighters use?
2: did this update fix an issue (or was a it a known issue) where one of the fds ships would glitch out in the production screen thus being unable to be made. cant remember which one but it was either the Penitence or the Prudence.

First off, delete the old FDS folder before installing the new one. I'mm 100% sure that crash is being caused by overwriting the FDS folder when updating instead of deleting the old folder first, what is happening there is I deleted files in between versions and since you didn't erase them from your installation they are trying to load into the game...

ALWAYS delete the old mod folder before updating a mod, this is a rule that applies to ALL mods! You are the third guy that comes to me with that exact same error xD

Answering your questions:
1 - It depends... Some weapons used by fighters are also available to normal ships, but as a general rule no, that should not happen. Could you be more specific?
2 - I remember someone mentioning that error, but I was unable to replicate it... I'll keep trying to find it.

EpicLancer

• Ensign
    • View Profile

i believe its the light blaster and it doesnt have an image to go with it. found it before getting the current version but didnt try using it. was able to make it without issue.

its happened in a few other mods where one item would bug out and just force max production for that month.

XD havent had that issue in other mods so far so i didnt even consider it.

SarenSoran

• Ensign
  • Just a Doomer coming through
    • View Profile

i almost started to nag at you with this error message too, until i read what you posted and i realized i was teh stoopid kek

IAmLegion

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I assume this will break my saves?

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

I assume this will break my saves?

Yes, quite badly... I did many changes to files that now either do not exist anymore or work in a different way, so old save compatibility is null.

IAmLegion

• Ensign
    • View Profile

All I want is a ramming star destroyer :/

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

Well, to have one you only need to update the mod xD

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile

Is the loyalty supposed to be a destroyer? It seems like its a frigate that got accidentally assigned the destroyer role in coding

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

Is the loyalty supposed to be a destroyer? It seems like its a frigate that got accidentally assigned the destroyer role in coding

There is some truth in there, several ships are sized above/below their current role... Stuff like that is slowly being worked on as a temporary solution until new sprites are made for all ships in the mod, so hang in there ;)

Alavaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile

What should the Maintanance Yard structure do? It doesn't seem to modify quality (at least as the Fleet tooltip shows) despite being fully supplied with the maintanance bots from the other structure, and the other demanded goods as well.

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

What should the Maintanance Yard structure do? It doesn't seem to modify quality (at least as the Fleet tooltip shows) despite being fully supplied with the maintanance bots from the other structure, and the other demanded goods as well.

They should improve ship quality, but they are not showing in the tooltip. This is a bug I have forgotten, but will take note so I won't forget to fix it in the next update, thanks :D

did you expect a name?

• Ensign
    • View Profile

i downloaded the mod put it into the mod folder started up starsector, nothing its not in the place to enable mods, just nothing, can you help?

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

i downloaded the mod put it into the mod folder started up starsector, nothing its not in the place to enable mods, just nothing, can you help?

The file structure should be this for the mod to be installed:

Code
Starsector/mods/FDS/data

If this file path does not exist the mod won't work.
Did you have any previous version of the mod installed?

Edit: Did you extract the .zip file?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 08:18:51 AM by Johnny Cocas »

did you expect a name?

• Ensign
    • View Profile

i did extract the zip file, also i have no clue how to get into the code of the game, so.... well uh this is not good...

edit: i downloaded the latest version, i think... i did not have any older versions either

edit2: i accidentally only exported only the data files.... sorry for wasting your time....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 10:08:56 AM by did you expect a name? »

shadowbolt_bloodmane

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So i hate to ask this, but how do you get to the new Mission that came with the update? bit new to star sector and a bit stupid
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18