Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

How should the star systems be distributed in the campaign map?

Cluster in the outskirts (current - check screenshot in spoilers)
- 12 (75%)
Spread around the core systems
- 1 (6.3%)
Spread all over the place
- 2 (12.5%)
Other? Leave a comment!
- 1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: [0.9] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.11.0 (2019/10/15) - The Murderous Wedges  (Read 211109 times)

IMyMe

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi, the mod crashes on Linux during game launch cause of two case mismatches.
Code
java.lang.RuntimeException: Sound with filename [sounds/FDS/sfx_shields/shields_up.wav] not found or failed to load
It works if you rename the file extensions in mods/FDS/sounds/FDS/sfx_shields/to lower case (shields_up.WAV -> shields_up.wav and shields_down.WAV -> shields_down.wav).

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

Code
java.lang.RuntimeException: Sound with filename [sounds/FDS/sfx_shields/shields_up.wav] not found or failed to load
It works if you rename the file extensions in mods/FDS/sounds/FDS/sfx_shields/to lower case (shields_up.WAV -> shields_up.wav and shields_down.WAV -> shields_down.wav).

Hi there!

Well, this is rather new... I guess I assumed that since Windows automatically reads those files there would be no worries, so Linux decided to jump in and ruin the fun heheh

Thank you for reporting this, I'll try to fix this as soon as I can!

atretador

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.10.0 (2019/03/05) - The Killer Wedges
« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2019, 08:30:45 PM »

Code

Hi there!

Well, this is rather new... I guess I assumed that since Windows automatically reads those files there would be no worries, so Linux decided to jump in and ruin the fun heheh

Thank you for reporting this, I'll try to fix this as soon as I can!

Had the same problem here xD

SCY and MagicLib had the same issues....

On Linux "Thing", "thing" and "thinG" are completely different files, on Windows only one can exist on the same directory.

Shedovv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2019, 10:20:33 AM »

Hello Johnny!

Love the mod, but I noticed something "wierd" the AI controlled ships with the teleport ability appear to have 50-75% more range on it as in they teleport further.

All you need to do to see this is order one of the ships with it to pursue a target and watch it go on the tactical map. And then try to jump the exact same ship too and you will see the differance.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 10:22:08 AM by Shedovv »

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2019, 04:44:54 AM »

Hello Johnny!

Love the mod, but I noticed something "wierd" the AI controlled ships with the teleport ability appear to have 50-75% more range on it as in they teleport further.

All you need to do to see this is order one of the ships with it to pursue a target and watch it go on the tactical map. And then try to jump the exact same ship too and you will see the differance.

Hello there Shedovv!

Technically the system has infinite range, allowing the ship to teleport anywhere on the map, for the AI that is... The user most likely is using the 5k limit set in the .system file. It may be an oversight by my end, but I'm literally working on the system AI right now, so I'll take a look into that as well ;)

Kibawan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2019, 08:40:22 AM »

I confess my love for this mod before, but after not playing for quite while i return! And man, i still love this mod with all my heart! Why? Because Johnny is pretty fly for a wedge guy! Serious i being playing with 2 ships recently, first my new favorite ship in the game, The Retaliation Class! Oh Boy, the first time ambush a fast moving frigate in a freaking cruiser was magical, i feel like, i feel like....yeahh....

There is no bigger praize a Star Was fan can give. The second ship, is my new Flag, Bigger, Meaner, Slower...   The Hatred BB, Again, the feeling of using the Singularity Gen is just, shock and awe.

Now, a feel suggestions.

1) This mod still need a big, full on dedicated CV. The Shame is, just not up for the task by itself, it needs only one big CV, cruiser or capital, but not both.

2) The Sing Gen is too common, all the Cruisers have it, it makes less special, and man, this should be special! For me, CA level and up with this ability should not even be "buildable"  (Blueprintable) on your Colony, only captured.

3) Other than Hydra Guided, PD Blasters and Light Autoblasters, all the FDS are locked behind some shadow, i just cant get them anyware, and i loooked. So far i got 1 Heavy Autpblaster in a Bounty, and a few Daggers and Lances from Exploration, but not even one FDS weapon on the black market around the sector, and i looked. There is anyway to make them a little bit more prevalent?  To show up in markets? Pretty Please?

4) This is just another praise, i love the simple, 3 OP, PD Blasters, i just love the pew pew. Well done. My Energy version of the vulcan, i have in every ship that doesn't use higher level PDs XD

5( I'm would love to see splinter factions from FDS with different doutrines on the same base Hulls, more guns? Less amor? More Armor? Less guns? More LPCs? Phase Cruisers? Less guns, bigger guns? Just want more Wedges in my life. xD

Sorry for the terrible english. 0/

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2019, 09:30:48 AM »

I confess my love for this mod before, but after not playing for quite while i return! And man, i still love this mod with all my heart! Why? Because Johnny is pretty fly for a wedge guy! Serious i being playing with 2 ships recently, first my new favorite ship in the game, The Retaliation Class! Oh Boy, the first time ambush a fast moving frigate in a freaking cruiser was magical, i feel like, i feel like....yeahh....

...snipped image...

There is no bigger praize a Star Was fan can give. The second ship, is my new Flag, Bigger, Meaner, Slower...   The Hatred BB, Again, the feeling of using the Singularity Gen is just, shock and awe.
Heh, glad you like it :D
But... are you referring to the Suffering BB? The Hatred is the one with the fighter bays, the Suffering is the one known to be the original ship to possess the ability to jump in the battlefield.

1) This mod still need a big, full on dedicated CV. The Shame is, just not up for the task by itself, it needs only one big CV, cruiser or capital, but not both.
Humm, yes.... That is on my to-do bucket, right next to designing new ship sprites (and by consequence, new ships). I'm planning on having new ships and fit each ship into a certain role, instead of having ships just for the sake of having them.

2) The Sing Gen is too common, all the Cruisers have it, it makes less special, and man, this should be special! For me, CA level and up with this ability should not even be "buildable"  (Blueprintable) on your Colony, only captured.
Half the cruisers have it, but you are right, too many of them have the system. So far this has been me poking with a stick at the hornet's nest to see what will feel like the right amount of ships with it, imo I'd like to see one ship of each type have the generator, especially with the changes I am making to the system's AI.

3) Other than Hydra Guided, PD Blasters and Light Autoblasters, all the FDS are locked behind some shadow, i just cant get them anyware, and i loooked. So far i got 1 Heavy Autpblaster in a Bounty, and a few Daggers and Lances from Exploration, but not even one FDS weapon on the black market around the sector, and i looked. There is anyway to make them a little bit more prevalent?  To show up in markets? Pretty Please?
That is strange... I'll take a look into it. It may be related to most weapons being tied to several relation levels towards the FDS faction, only two or three weapons are allowed to be in the "free market", but its worth a tweak nevertheless.

4) This is just another praise, i love the simple, 3 OP, PD Blasters, i just love the pew pew. Well done. My Energy version of the vulcan, i have in every ship that doesn't use higher level PDs XD
I like it too! It's not powerful, nor that effective, hence the 3 OP cost, but somehow it always feels good to have them.... More pew pew I guess heheh.

5( I'm would love to see splinter factions from FDS with different doutrines on the same base Hulls, more guns? Less amor? More Armor? Less guns? More LPCs? Phase Cruisers? Less guns, bigger guns? Just want more Wedges in my life. xD
That is a possibility, yes. The FDS is (will be?) a paramilitary/scientist heavy faction, lore wise, so eventually a more military-focused subfaction may appear, but that's something to think of AFTER I build the new ship roster, which will be in a decade or two at this rate :/

Space Pirate Kobold

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 19, 2019, 10:04:40 PM »

In response to the Singularity Gen being too common, IIRC There was the Interdictor class ISD so you could have an interdiction ability for in battle which sends out a pulse or was a "blob" which cant be stopped\blocked that where it "detonates" it creates a large slow effect. There is also Tractor Beam as a Ability that would Freeze a ship in place based on ship size.

These are just some ideas after reading the comments.

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 19, 2019, 11:36:42 PM »

In response to the Singularity Gen being too common, IIRC There was the Interdictor class ISD so you could have an interdiction ability for in battle which sends out a pulse or was a "blob" which cant be stopped\blocked that where it "detonates" it creates a large slow effect. There is also Tractor Beam as a Ability that would Freeze a ship in place based on ship size.

These are just some ideas after reading the comments.

Huhh? What does it have to do with the Singularity Generator being too common? :p

Also, you should check out the Atonement cruiser, it already has an aoe slow effect, and multiple implementations of the tractor beam already exist in other mods as well, whether my mod will have one or not will depend on it being considered a good addition to the mod.

The Viking Crusader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2019, 07:02:44 PM »

Hello, love the mod, its in all my playthrus now. Where does one find the terror?

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2019, 01:08:27 AM »

Hello, love the mod, its in all my playthrus now. Where does one find the terror?

Hello there!

Thanks! I hope you are truly enjoying my mod :D

The Terror may be found in rare ship blueprints, or very, VERY rarely in a fleet. I made its chance of appearing on an AI fleet very low on purpose, as it is a quite powerful ship (let's not discuss the use of the Singularity Generator on the Terror for starters, heh), so good luck finding one! ;D

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2019, 01:47:05 PM »

I was recently poking through all of my downloaded mods while trying to track down a sector generation issue and noticed that several of the mods (including this one) have a condition_gen_data.csv file that still uses the old 0.9a format. In the Starsector 0.9.1a release, the condition_gen_data.csv file was updated with several renamed column headers and a new cat_hab5 column. Obviously, I didn't expect that file to be up-to-date since your mod hasn't been officially updated for version 0.9.1a yet, but I just wanted to give you a heads up for if/when you do release an updated version.

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2019, 02:32:08 PM »

I was recently poking through all of my downloaded mods while trying to track down a sector generation issue and noticed that several of the mods (including this one) have a condition_gen_data.csv file that still uses the old 0.9a format. In the Starsector 0.9.1a release, the condition_gen_data.csv file was updated with several renamed column headers and a new cat_hab5 column. Obviously, I didn't expect that file to be up-to-date since your mod hasn't been officially updated for version 0.9.1a yet, but I just wanted to give you a heads up for if/when you do release an updated version.

Ohh my...
Thank you for the heads up, I'll fix that as soon as possible, and will surely be fixed by the time I release a 0.9.1 compatible update!  :)

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2019, 02:06:13 PM »

i hope this crash with Nexerelin is on the list of fixes,
workaround courtesy of Histidine : https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9175.msg262827#msg262827

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 17, 2019, 02:57:41 PM »

i hope this crash with Nexerelin is on the list of fixes,
workaround courtesy of Histidine : https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9175.msg262827#msg262827

It is on the list of stuff to fix, yeah, but luckily I was searching for the bug on the wrong place and Histi had the courtesy of pointing me to the right direction! Next update will include the fix
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18