Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

How should the star systems be distributed in the campaign map?

Cluster in the outskirts (current - check screenshot in spoilers)
- 12 (75%)
Spread around the core systems
- 1 (6.3%)
Spread all over the place
- 2 (12.5%)
Other? Leave a comment!
- 1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: [0.9] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.11.0 (2019/10/15) - The Murderous Wedges  (Read 211156 times)

Zomble

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Good news, it DOES work. It just doesn't tell you. Without the repair yards I get the 90% like it says.

Ship quality aside. I have noticed the AI factions do not build or trade in droids. Is this a bug? Or is the droid mechanic solely player "usable"? No droid exports/imports with the AI breaks immersion in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 03:35:50 PM by Zomble »

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

Good news, it DOES work. It just doesn't tell you. Without the repair yards I get the 90% like it says.

Ship quality aside. I have noticed the AI factions do not build, benefit, or trade in droids. Is this a bug? Or is the droid mechanic solely player "usable"? No droid exports/imports with the AI breaks immersion in my opinion.

I am planning on adding the custom industries to some of FDS' colonies in the next patch so there is a supply and demands for stuff like droids, but other than that, I am not fully aware to which extent does the AI recognizer my industries as buildable to them, so I have no idea if the AI will ever build my industries...

Blothorn

• Commander
    • View Profile

Adding industries to existing markets is tricky, and the AI never builds new industries.

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

Adding industries to existing markets is tricky, and the AI never builds new industries.

Humm, interesting...

I was adding custom factories to existing markets before SS v0.9, but back then there were no supply/demand mechanics to worry about, so by doing the same now I'd probably be destroying many markets, hence me removing that option from my mod entirely.

Too bad the AI does not recognise modded industries, that would be really neat

Blothorn

• Commander
    • View Profile

It is not a matter of the AI not recognizing modded industries--the industries on the vanilla core planets are all hand-built (data/campaign/econ), not procedurally generated.

Zomble

• Ensign
    • View Profile

It is not a matter of the AI not recognizing modded industries--the industries on the vanilla core planets are all hand-built (data/campaign/econ), not procedurally generated.

Making if/then logic for the AI (at least "insert custom faction" AI) to build custom industries shouldn't be too hard, though I'm no coder so I probably make it sound easier than it is (or at least less tedious).

I'd guess the most difficult part would be creating supply/demand and market price algorithm to match that of vanilla AI behaviour. At least without the source code.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 05:25:49 PM by Zomble »

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.10.0 (2019/03/05) - The Killer Wedges
« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2019, 11:45:49 AM »

FDS update!

Changelog available in the first post, removed planets added again, new industry, "new" planetary condition (not really new but it now spawns in planets), and the Hyperspace Jump got a rework, enjoy!

MuricanTauri1776

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2019, 04:08:19 PM »

Do you still have the link for the last version that was SW?

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2019, 06:03:57 PM »

Well, yes, but to be honest, any version that is not current will not be supported, specially if it is related to SW...

If you still want to take the risk of having a version without half the content and probably not compatible with the current version of the game its up to you, just name the game version and I'll find the latest file for that game version...

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2019, 06:39:01 AM »

Is there a plan for the Repair Yards to have some kind of effect when a Alpha-Level AI is slotted into them? Perhaps the local quality of defence ships could be improved?
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2019, 06:43:04 AM »

Is there a plan for the Repair Yards to have some kind of effect when a Alpha-Level AI is slotted into them? Perhaps the local quality of defence ships could be improved?

Certainly, there will be bonuses for beta/alpha core installation, similarly to what happens with other industries, but I don't have an ETA for that right now.

All I can say is, those sorts of changes will probably be released in the same update the whole "droid" thing is reworked.

Martinw1

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey man, great mod! Its really great to play around with these ships.

Would it however be possible to create a bigger version of the Terror? Say 30-40% bigger?

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

Hey man, great mod! Its really great to play around with these ships.

Would it however be possible to create a bigger version of the Terror? Say 30-40% bigger?

Thanks for enjoying the mod!
Unfortunately, no, that won't be something I'll be doing, and in fact, I am planning on making the ships slightly smaller than they are now, as their massive size and weapon placement is causing some problems in combat.

ChaosRemnant

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is the current version 0.9.1 compatible?

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

Is the current version 0.9.1 compatible?

As far as I'm aware it should be compatible, my mod has not been affected by any of the code changes in the game, although it has already been reached to me that there may be some balancing changes I should be taking into account with this update, I'll try to look into them as soon as I can
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18