Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Suggestion for a simple QOL improvement with regard to the sector map  (Read 2028 times)

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile

I think it might be very useful to give us the ability to "mark" certain systems on the sector map with perhaps little notes attached. Too many times have I stumbled upon a remnant battlestation either too early in the game or more annoyingly late enough that I could take but I had my survey fleet with me and had to leave it alone.

We should be able to make note of these systems of interest so we can return later if we don't have what we need to fully exploit it. (Such as full salvage skill for that sweet sweet research station in orbit around a black hole)

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile

Support. I make do with paper maps but that's hardly ideal. Ideally, we'd have a system that keeps track of all the stuff you discover and a nice interface to browse it, but just being able to attach notes to systems would be helpful enough.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community

Seconded. And user-defined memo can be used elsewhere, too...

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile

And perhaps in addition to this, overflying a system in hyperspace should be enough to tell you either on the sector map or somewhere else if the the system in question has any planets.

I will generally not even bother jumping into systems with no planets and I found myself going to supposedly unexplored systems only to find that they're actually just a star that I passed by due to lack of anything interesting, causing me to waste a bunch of fuel and supplies.

It doesn't even need to be automatic.If we could make little notes next to systems on the sector map we could have another overlay like the one for fuel which toggles our notes on and off.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 04:35:52 AM by Criticopulus »