Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Best way to boost relations with a faction?  (Read 10477 times)

NinjaPirate

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Mr. G Plays
Best way to boost relations with a faction?
« on: May 01, 2017, 11:53:34 PM »

I just started the Diable Avionics mod (yay they updated it for 0.8) but I'm stuck starting out with relations at suspicious.  I've been going to war with their enemies but it is not helping my rep.  They have not offered any bounties or I would do those too. 

Am I missing anything?
Feel free to make fun of my bad gameplay here at Mr. G Plays
http://www.youtube.com/c/MrGPlays

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to boost relations with a faction?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 12:06:43 AM »

Fly a small fuel tanker solo, and take on scanning missions into wild space  for the faction you want to befriend.
Very important that you fly the fuel tanker solo, because it lets you hit several scanning targets without refueling. More ships reduces your range.

Don't engage the proble defenders, and always run from a fight, because fighting will not improve relations, which is your main objective.

NinjaPirate

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Mr. G Plays
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 12:16:52 AM »

Fly a small fuel tanker solo, and take on scanning missions into wild space  for the faction you want to befriend.
Very important that you fly the fuel tanker solo, because it lets you hit several scanning targets without refueling. More ships reduces your range.

Don't engage the proble defenders, and always run from a fight, because fighting will not improve relations, which is your main objective.

I'm currently just trying to tweak it using devmode.  Any chance you know the command for editting faction relations?

If not solo tanker it is.  :)

Thanks for the tip.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 12:18:52 AM »

If you're not above using dev commands, and the faction has a Base commander/leader for you to turn in AI cores... turn in AI cores devadded in.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 12:24:45 AM »

If you're not above using dev commands, and the faction has a Base commander/leader for you to turn in AI cores... turn in AI cores devadded in.

Or just play as normal and stockpile the AI cores for later when you'll load them all up onto your freighter and turn in to base commander?

Also I'm not sure but in the past you could pick up DA missions at pirate bases. Perhaps there'll be deliveries to make, so look out for that too. It's always +1 to rep upon completion. Aka "something".

NinjaPirate

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Mr. G Plays
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 12:28:43 AM »

what is the dev command to do that?

I've only figured out the following commands by searching/experimenting:

K= 25k in creds
L= 4lvl bump for you and a few lvl's for your officers
G= Generate constellation  (interesting)
Esc = Allows you to skip a battle
Cntrl-Click on an enemy ship allows you to steal swap with it

Edit: I figured it out.  You just have to interact with a fleet in Devmode to boost your relations.  Finally sorted.  Diable Avionics carriers and fighters here I come.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 01:45:27 AM by NinjaPirate »

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2023, 01:26:45 AM »

I just started the Diable Avionics mod (yay they updated it for 0.8) but I'm stuck starting out with relations at suspicious.  I've been going to war with their enemies but it is not helping my rep.  They have not offered any bounties or I would do those too. 

Am I missing anything?
Perharps its too late. [6 years]
For Vanilla without mods.
Take bounty contract and survey are the best way to do.
If you have mods.
Depend on function.
You can give the authority prisoner to boost the reputation. (1 person gain 4 reputation but you can't give them if you invade the faction market recently)
Some mods you will captured enemy officers, This allow you to ransom them or release them to boost reputation.

itBeABruhMoment

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2023, 11:10:15 AM »

Special system bounties missions are a good way of boosting faction and contact reputation. I'm pretty sure winning an engagement of any size with the bounty active gives you at least 1 rep, so you can milk a lot of rep from a fleet by defeating it once and auto resolving it a bunch of times. If the fleet is retreating, you can milk even more by doing the engagements manually, killing one ship, and retreating. If you use this method its basically 1 rep per logistical ship in a fleet

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2023, 01:01:10 PM »

I like stockpiling gamma cores for those annoying moments when a faction decides they just want to hate you for some reason.

"It's WARTIME!"
50 gamma cores later...
"On second thought..."

Not a Pirate

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2023, 09:07:48 PM »

[/quote]
Perharps its too late. [6 years]....
[/quote]

It's never to late for NECRO!

MMMmmmmmmmm.......(CREEEAK)

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2023, 03:31:11 AM »

"Late" is an understatement when OP hasn't even logged in for 6 years and his final message read that he had solved his problem. Although he seems to still be active on Youtube so I suppose you could message him with the helpful tips so he can hopefully proceed with his game.
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2023, 09:22:33 AM »

Best way to boost relations: Hunt pirates

Best way to spend relations: Commit piracy
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2023, 06:30:58 PM »

The quickest fun way to do it is to find system bounties and cash in on those. Grab every offending fleet and every assist and gank kills with fast ships to get that high damage percentage. That's usually pirates but it may sometimes mean hostile factions. Most "fly-to-a-thing" single objectives won't yield nearly as much.

Welp.. didn't see the date.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 06:32:36 PM by Schwartz »