Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unreliable Subsystems  (Read 2378 times)

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Unreliable Subsystems
« on: April 30, 2017, 12:30:50 PM »

This is by far one of the 'easiest' or even 'desirable' mod right now due to how low impact it can be on even a mediocre fleet and player level.

I think this can be easily tweaked with an inverse of the mechanic used in the rank 2 Industry skill Safety Procedures. Turn "50% reduced combat readiness range in which malfunctions and other negative effects occur" to be -50% on the mod itself. So now even if you have a 75% CR fleet, with Unreliable Subsystems it would take less to get in the 'engines are burning out'/weapons randomly disable stage, let alone gettings down to 30-40% CR and deploying.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Unreliable Subsystems
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 12:39:47 PM »

Actually, that one kind of hurts, especially on a ship with short peak performance to begin with and/or if forced to fight within a corona.  Ships with that will likely need Hardened Subsystems to offset the penalty.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 01:18:15 PM »

D mods should be dangerous or difficult to use, and imho the Unreliable Systems needs a solid moment-to-moment penalty.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 04:40:53 PM »

It already hurts with anything that isn't Low Tech, frankly.  Try that on a TT ship, lol; it basically wrecks it.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 05:29:17 PM »

My Aurora has one. I'm afraid to lose it not because i'll lose the ship, but because i'll have to repair it fully. :( Dat 24 supplies/mo making it seem mid-tech. I don't know, if i get to the point where the CR peaks, i'm already so far in the battle i don't care, just means a day or two more to rep.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 05:32:31 PM »

Well, that's a Cruiser and few battles last long enough to deplete a Cruiser's CR. 

On a Tempest, it's a totally different story, lol.  Different cusp-points.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack