Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Quick ship, weapon and fighter guides [0.95.1a]  (Read 110666 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Quick ship & weapon guides [0.9a]
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2019, 04:56:41 AM »

It shows how much cargo, fuel or crew capacity this ship can haul for 1 unit of fuel. The bigger number is, the better.
If you mean that Atlas and Prometheus don't have the best fuel efficiencies, because they are capital ships, then there's nothing I can do. It's just the bizarre state it is.

diegoweiller

• Ensign
  • mimimimi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2019, 06:38:22 AM »

Oh, i though it was fuel capacity per upkeep lmao  ::)
- And the lord poked his head out from the patron clouds, to look down on his followers in chaos and anarchy as the world was already aflame, out he tossed a canister of gasoline, and out from his mouth his words were: "Screw it."

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2019, 07:41:28 AM »

No, that's normal efficiency.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Quick ship, weapon and fighter guides [0.9.1a]
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2019, 11:06:14 PM »

Made and added the fighter guide, since nobody else did. I managed to fit it all on one page, too! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j18a9q1Sxx1W1PXXLQ5gi3l-TV9AfijnglPC-ItwiBQ/edit?usp=sharing

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2019, 12:33:48 AM »

Do Wasps still lay mines? I don't remember seeing it in the descriptions since 0.9.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2019, 11:05:40 AM »

Fuel efficiency seems really odd  :P

Fuel efficiency is hella valuable.

So suppose you have a fleet that holds x fuel and costs y fuel/ly. It has a range of x/y= z ly

Suppose i add a ship to my fleet. If its fuel range x/y is greater than my fleets range then my whole fleet gets a range boost. If its eaual then its the same.

The amount of the boost depends on the difference between the ratios and the absolute value of thensize of them.

macon7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2019, 12:03:48 PM »

For us a bit newer players, could you please add all the acronyms at the bottom of the guides or similar? It's quite hard to understand when I need to stop and figure out / google for say 'KE' and 'SO builds'

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2019, 12:16:54 PM »

I had it all explained in the ships guide... But not weapons guide, ironically enough! Took care of that.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2019, 04:06:56 PM »

That is why I take care to fully type out the names at least once before using acronyms, especially with the influx of new players. Most acronyms are unofficial, and there is no real need for people to use their own personal jargon.

ChewySTL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2020, 02:09:57 PM »

I'm new to Starsector and just learning the game and thoroughly enjoying it. I've been reading the posted how to guide: for ships, weapons, and fighters. Thanks, these are extremely helpful for new players like myself. Does the color guide: RED, YELLOW, BLUE have any significance with regard to tech (low, midline, high) or tier/quality? My first thought was RED is less effective, YELLOW is medium tier, and BLUE is top tier, but I'm only guessing, that is why I'm asking.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2020, 02:22:39 PM »

They are only the design type (low/midline/high). There is little/no relation to effectiveness.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2020, 03:07:06 PM »

Background colours indicate tech level, best seen with fighters, where redacted ones have lighter blue background than high-tech ones. I just thought it was neat.
My guides don't include tiers, on the basis that many weapons, ships and fighters can perform in certain situations better than alternatives, and because I don't want a new-player-resource shaming its intended target for not knowing the game yet and sticking with suboptimal, but working solutions.

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2020, 07:58:20 PM »

They are only the design type (low/midline/high). There is little/no relation to effectiveness.
And instead, the design type indicates the guideline tendencies that affect a lot of stats, including weapon type preferences. High tech ships are rarely seen carrying ballistics the same way low tech ships are with energy weapons. Even carriers have distinctions made by the design type.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2020, 10:03:46 AM »

Nice info dump for new/returning players!

Odyssey has 2 fighter bays though, not just 1. You left out the 5 small ballistic on the Gryphon.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 10:10:28 AM by Dri »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2020, 02:30:53 PM »

I even left a lone comma at the end of Gryphon's description! I must have thought of that, but got interrupted and never returned to finish it... Until now, at least. I don't meticulously check for updates, I just go off the patchnotes and gameplay. Fixed Odyssey's number of decks, too.
Dozens of thousands of views, but a rather noticeable omission of Gryphon's mount slipped by nevertheless...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4