Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [REDACTED] [REDACTED] Core Farming  (Read 11481 times)

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[REDACTED] [REDACTED] Core Farming
« on: April 29, 2017, 02:22:44 PM »

Has anyone else been farming [REDACTED] cores and selling them as primary income?

Because it seems a lot more lucrative then fighting double onslaught bounties! Since [REDACTED] fleets in systems with [REDACTED] stations re-spawn basically every time you offload and head back.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [REDACTED] [REDACTED] Core Farming
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 02:30:27 PM »

I've never had stations re-spawn, but yeah the fleets are a great source of stuff and salvage.

They essentially make it possible to be self sustaining in the outer sector.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 02:38:51 PM »

I've never had stations re-spawn, but yeah the fleets are a great source of stuff and salvage.

As long as the stations are alive, they respawn at their stupid high rates
Also, Alpha Core farming makes stupid amounts of money, especially with the TT
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 02:44:49 PM »

Are there fleets larger than Remnant Ordos? (The ones with 3-4 cruisers). I ask because while I did farm those for rare weapons, I only get a few beta cores from them and no alpha cores.

This is a triple ping orange system - the station is intact and has an officer (reloaded after that fleet wipe ;))

So I guess I'm asking... where do you find alpha cores?

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 02:54:31 PM »

As long as the stations are alive, they respawn at their stupid high rates
Also, Alpha Core farming makes stupid amounts of money, especially with the TT

So the stations themselves don't re-spawn as OP said, but the roaming fleets re-spawn?

EDIT: I misread, although it would be cool for the remnants to try rebuilding and start attacking the local humans.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:06:01 PM by Igncom1 »
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 03:16:15 PM »

I only get a few beta cores from them and no alpha cores. [...] So I guess I'm asking... where do you find alpha cores?
I don't know what beacon my farm-system (I think it's red, but I haven't seen orange yet, so I might be confusing them), but I've gotten an alpha core out of ordos, though it was... 1 out of 20 remnant fleets? I had much more gamma and beta cores.

TheWetFish

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 04:30:30 PM »

A lot of work being done to the wiki to bring up to to data with the new patch.  You can now check the bottom of the page and it will have a green tick if updated and verified.  Still a lot left to go but some of the REDACTED information is in there now

The warning beacons scale up to three red pings, so yes they do get harder but you are likely going to have to look for them
Spoiler
and bring a very big stick
[close]

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 07:40:42 PM »

Alphas mainly come from Stations but can also drop from their cruiser fleets

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

The_Mess

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 07:57:43 PM »

Yeap, 2 and 3 ping [redacted] systems have made me very, very rich in game since I started farming them for cores, also make for handy refuelling stops, though all that loot does take up a fair amount of space.

I do wish [redacted] had more ships though, especially some capital ships to fight against or recover via a certain mod.

Oh and 1 and 2 ping systems can sometimes have damaged [redacted] stations in them, very easy to take down and give some decent loot as well. Though [redacted] fleets still spawn in those systems even after removing the station.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 08:16:37 PM »

Yeap, 2 and 3 ping [redacted] systems have made me very, very rich in game since I started farming them for cores, also make for handy refuelling stops, though all that loot does take up a fair amount of space.

I do wish [redacted] had more ships though, especially some capital ships to fight against or recover via a certain mod.

Oh and 1 and 2 ping systems can sometimes have damaged [redacted] stations in them, very easy to take down and give some decent loot as well. Though [redacted] fleets still spawn in those systems even after removing the station.
Yeah, REDACTED fleets need more ships and variety

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 08:32:16 PM »

I only get a few beta cores from them and no alpha cores. [...] So I guess I'm asking... where do you find alpha cores?
I don't know what beacon my farm-system (I think it's red, but I haven't seen orange yet, so I might be confusing them), but I've gotten an alpha core out of ordos, though it was... 1 out of 20 remnant fleets? I had much more gamma and beta cores.

Thanks for the info! Yeah I'm not sure on my color either. I thought it was orange and not red, but it definitely has 3 pings and a fully operational, officered battlestation.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 01:14:26 AM »

If it hasn't been said already, for the best Core farming take them to the Tri-Tachyon corporation - those guys pay 300% the normal price! So a $10,000 core is worth $30,000 and a $100,000 core is worth $300,000 - very lucrative.

Achataeon

• Commander
  • ~stare~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 01:25:50 AM »

Interesting thing is, you could sneak into ANY military market, sell all your cores, and instantly get maximum reputation in that faction. Taking a commission from Tri-Tachyon made everyone hostile to me, but once I sold all my cores, everyone was basically best buddies with me. Is this an inteded feature?
"On average, a human has one breast and one testicle"
- Vsauce, Michael here

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 02:26:28 AM »

Salvaging a [REDACTED] Station gives you so many alpha cores that you will never need more money anyway. I don't see the point of leaving them alive for tedious farming. 

They are what qualifies as endgame-content in this version anyway, I quit my first save soon after I destroyed two of them.

Hypilein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2017, 03:04:25 AM »

You can't buy spark or flash wings for unlimited money. So farming them for LPCs is quite a valid strategy.
Pages: [1] 2