Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: [0.9.1a]STEELCLAD v1.0.25c ( 17.11.2019)  (Read 159044 times)

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a]STEELCLAD v1.0.14 ( 30.08.2019)
« Reply #285 on: August 31, 2019, 02:38:22 AM »

Had a startup crash:

[data.scripts.weapons.ShieldPieceFrag_OnHit]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.weapons.ShieldPieceFrag_OnHit]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: File 'data/scripts/weapons/ShieldPieceFrag_OnHit.java', Line 40, Column 31: Cannot determine simple type name "Color"

Seem like java.awt.Color; is not being imported. Like you are missing it from your computer. First time seeing this.

flamedeluge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a]STEELCLAD v1.0.15 ( 31.08.2019)
« Reply #286 on: August 31, 2019, 08:42:45 PM »

Maybe it would be easiest to just state that Nexerelin is a requirement?

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 01, 2019, 08:33:02 AM »

*** UPDATED *** - 31.08.2019

ABOUT: This mod started as a Total Conversion (made by Okim), set in it's own universe. After it was abandoned, I picked it up, and expanded upon it. Eventually, the TC aspect was dropped (purely for my convenience)
This mod adds several new factions, tons of ships and weapons.

LORE
Spoiler
Before the gate system was created, when the Doman of man was in it's infancy, humanity reached for the stars. Fleets of colony sleeper ships were sent into the void, their primitive hyperdrives enabling what was then considered great speeds, but the journy would last for years. Among the many colonization efforts, there was one particuarly daring - to send a fleet of colony ships across the empty space to the neighbouring arm of the Milky Way galaxy. A dozen ships were assembled, the biggest colony ships yet made, filled with enough supplies and fuel for such a long trip.
Many years after they left, gate technology was finally perfected. Humanity fully united and the spread of the Domain of Man along it's galactic arm was rapid, and soon it begun to spread even further. With it's growing size and time, wars and rebellions broke out, and The Grand Expedition Colony Fleet was forgotten, remembered only as a curiosity by some historians, and considered long lost.

Yet, the fleet survived. Trough greatly diminished, 6 ships survived the journey, but there was no unified colonization effort, for there was no real unity in the fleet. Instead, each ship was loyal to it's own national group and they split to found colonies. For centuries they built and grew, and as their borders grew so did the tensions. Border skirmishes became ever more common and full out war broke out.
That is when the exploration ship belonging to the Domain of Man came in. The wars ceased and trading with the Domain started. Negotiations for inclusion into the Domain were well under way when the gates collapsed.
The balance of power in the sector is more fragile than ever.
[close]

FACTIONS/SHIP
Spoiler
Interstellar States of America is a large, powerful and technicaly advanced faction. ISA spends a lot of its income on technology advancement. Their ships utilize the most effective shield technology in the sector. ISA and UIN recently undergone major ship refit project that installed powerful fortress shield emitters on their cruisers and capital ships. ISA are the first and currently the only faction that mastered plasma technology and phase teleportation

Russian Stellar Federation is one of the major factions having the largest territory. RSF went a different technological pass mainly rellying on heavier and bulkier ship designs with hardened armor and reinforced structure. RSF ships utilize standard shield generators that create a stable and fixed fields. Weapons arsenal mainly consist of ballistic weapons of various calibers, laser pulse and beam weapons and ion weapons. Missiles and torpedoes doesn`t differ much from those that other factions use.

United Interstellar Nations are competing with ISA for the 1st place in a race of the most advanced factions. Many joint-research projects conducted between the two factions lead to a series of interesting technological breakthroughs for both factions. UIN have concentrated their efforts on particle manipulation and acceleration technologies resulting in a series of interesting and unique particle weapons. Recently they have upgraded their DE, CR and BB class ships with a powerful fortress shield emitters. UIN are neutral with other factions, they have trade relations with ISA and are trading technology to XLE in return of the clearance to use their numerous space docks for their needs

Xing Luo Empire is a powerful and widespan faction known for it's powerful industrial base and trade network. Their ships resemble dragon-like creatures as well as ship`s name. Weapons are primarily consist of various beams and ballistic weapons

A unity of former XLE and UIN colonies that rebelled against their masters and established a self sustaining and relatively economicaly stable faction. FFS or Federation of Free Systems does not possess significant forces due to being quite young and being positioned too far away from other faction`s reach. However, FFS hatred for their former masters results in some captains performing raids in UIN and XLE space regardless of distance and travel time

Free Traders Guild is an international organisation that focuses on trading between all factions regardless of their political and diplomatic relations with each other. Countless FTG freighter fleets, privateers, bounty hunters and mercenaries can be seen freely operating in any colonised system where there is profit to be found. FTG fleets are using either specifically designed civilian-grade ships or downgraded/decommisioned military vessels provided by each faction as a part of the International Trade Agreement.

Commonwealth of Polaris, a small faction formed by various dissidents dissillusioned with the modern society. Polaris is is an isolationist society, not caring much for what happens outside their borders. In general the PNS ships are well rounded, flexible and possessing high flux efficiency, but are expensive to field and have poor fuel and cargo capacity.

Aliens, rogue AI and pirates

[close]

>>>Download<<< - 0.91a version
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qj1dLIj_zUWa8umRccqrLZhzpdAHJXbf

- The entire mod has been split into 3 compressed file for ease of distribution and updates
- create Steelclad folder in mods, and unzip all 3 files inside
- Added a little something extra - an OPTIONAL extra music file. More music. Copy it to sounds/music and the sounds.json to data/config if you want.
- Added a little something more - custom player faction flags. NOW INCLUDED INTO MAIN FILE
- 2 java files are included, depending if you are using Nexirilien or not. Replace SteelcladModPlugin.java in Steelclad/data/scripts with the one you want

KNOWN ISSUES:
- Reflex Cannon may cause crashing when fired
LOG

Spoiler
Log for v1.0.15
- Even more ship balance changes.
- added a new hulmod - Optimized Drive Field; half the bonus of Augmented Drive Field, but costs half OP

Log for v1.0.14
- more balance changes. Some weapon tweaked. Ships edited to account for that. RSF ships now have weak frontal shields. Armor, hull, flux disspation and OP points of various ships tweaked.

Log for v1.0.13
- extra custom flags should now show up. They are now part of the main file
- blueprints should now correctly drop. I apologize for not caching the error earlier, I just thought RNG Jesus didn't like me
- PNS flag changed. Bluprint icons updated
- 3 hullmods fixed
- more balance tweaks

Log for v1.0.12
- big balance pass over the weapons (and some ships). Values normalized
- fixed hardpoint graphics for the lance batteries

Log for v1.0.11
- fixes to some hulls never appearing in markets
- another freighter pass. Hopefully now all the freighters will have something to offer.
- Expanded (cargo, fuel, cargo) hullmods now have an armor downside

Log for v1.0.10
- a few more minor balance tweaks
- new hullmods - stealth armor and armor reduction
- fixes to XLE systems and markets in Corvus mode

Log for v1.0.9
- more balance tweaks
- new FTG megaliner. All factions now exclusively use FTG liners/passenger ships
- new troop transports for FFS and XLE.
- previous passenger ships converted to troop transports for UIN, ISA and RSF
- Omnissiah now has repair drones

Log for v1.0.8
- fixed UIN relation issue
- updated some ship values
- fixed some freighters
- Nxirilien compatibility tested. Fixed generation script. Custom stations should now appear.

- more music and more custom faction flags added as separate files.

Log for v1.0.7
- fixed hullmods
- weapons costs and stats balance tweaks
- RSF ships slight balance tweaks
- Omnissiah is now cruiser-sized

Log for v1.0.6
- a few more balance tweaks
- fix for phoenix heavy fighter crash (finally)
- moved SC star systems a bit further away
- fixes to markets

Log for v1.0.5
- graphic tweaks for a few weapons
- fixes on several variants, should fix the pns market crash that can sometimes happen

Log for v1.0.4
- More balancing tweaks
- AI station finally works (see mission Combined Arms)
- fixed issue withe thunderbolt

Log for v1.0.3
- balancing tweaks to some ship. Mostly weapon stat changes.

Log for v1.0.2
- some ship re-balancing (adjusting OP's, buffing RSF flux dissipation)
- some weapon re-balancing (increasing flux cost and ammo for some guns - still needs work)
- small graphic updates and variant changes
- new space station

Log for v1.0.1
- fixed some missing descriptions
- fixed system generation and cleaned up nebulas
- fixed economy files
- ship re-balancings
- new shipsystem

Log for v1.0
- fixed some missing descriptions
- fixed Kores
- fixed some crashes
- 1 new ship and 1 new weapon

Log for v.09
- now works standalone
- fixes, fixes
- re-balances for 0.91
- 1 new ship and 1 new weapon
- more portraits

Log for v.07i
- balance tweaks
- many VNS weapons nerfed
- Macross fixed
- Miner fixed (Nexirlien should recognize it now)

Log for v.07e
- more balance changes, mostly weapon related

Log for v.07d  - DOWNLOAD GRAPHICS.RAR AGAIN
- a few minor tweaks
- a lot of VNS weapon had an OP cost increase
- added a small variant of the X-ray turret
- one new mission added

Log for v.07
- new troop transport added for the VNS
- Avenger Mk2 had 2 turrets removed. Tweaks to FoF and stats.
- armor repair hullmod now working and available
- weapon re-balance, first pass. Ballistic now do cost some flux (but no much).
- new Hullmods available for purchase at SC factions markets
- some ship variants nerfed (were using too much OP's)

Log for v.06
- now Nexirilian compatible (NOT Corvus compatible yet. I think.)
- minor tweak to some weapons
- Infused Hull nerfed

Log for v.05
- XLE spawn fixed
- experimental balance pass (SC ships cost a LOT to field, but their hull and armor and burn levels have seen improvements)

Log for v.03
- more test weapons
- minor fixes
- campaign now works

Log for v.02
- more ships (AI cruiser, Alien destroyer, RSF battleship, ISA carrier)
- more weapons (for VNS)
- more music
- minor fixes
- fixed mission
- VNS now mostly uses own weapons in all ship variants

[close]

WHAT IT HAS:
- custom music. Lots of it
- custom portraits, lots of them.
- new interaction images
- 1 more faction compared to IC (so more than 10 total)
- more ships, more weapons

TO DO LIST:
- custom stations (in progress)
- 1 more ship for the RSF
- AI fleets that roam around some system
- ALIEN fleets spawns and raids
- Rock Fly spawns
- an actual mission chain

It is showing an error.

[attachment deleted by admin]

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 01, 2019, 06:24:22 PM »

Maybe it would be easiest to just state that Nexerelin is a requirement?

It shouldn't be

@ASSIMKO - use the SteelcladModPlugin_NONEX.js file in the download. RE-name it (remove the NONEX part and replace the SteelcladModPlugin in the scripts folder).
If that fails to work, download Nexerelin

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 02, 2019, 04:45:57 AM »

Cool stuff, the ships look a lot better than advertised, must be that black background doing them a disfavor (a mighty one at that). I had a problem with the mission list, ii_almamater to be more precise, probably also with the rest of them (the ones starting with ii_ -> del ... and ... its gone).  The music has a nice variety to it, good stuff, honestly if not for the naming X3tC mars hyper i wouldn't have recognized it, LU added 2 Gigs of Sounds and i usually listen to audiobooks while playing so no wonder i guess.

This one will keep me entertained for a while (that is once i get my CH341A) i bet, so hvala toni, vozdrav.

"The early worm catcheth the bird."

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 02, 2019, 07:19:25 AM »

Cool stuff, the ships look a lot better than advertised, must be that black background doing them a disfavor (a mighty one at that). I had a problem with the mission list, ii_almamater to be more precise, probably also with the rest of them (the ones starting with ii_ -> del ... and ... its gone).  The music has a nice variety to it, good stuff, honestly if not for the naming X3tC mars hyper i wouldn't have recognized it, LU added 2 Gigs of Sounds and i usually listen to audiobooks while playing so no wonder i guess.

This one will keep me entertained for a while (that is once i get my CH341A) i bet, so hvala toni, vozdrav.

Thanks

The mission list seem to have a few mission left from Argenikis and Stellar imperium (alas, the mission list does not append, they overwrite eachother)
The fix is easy - jsut remove the last few entries from the missions_list.csv

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 02, 2019, 07:57:14 AM »

... - unique bounty data list contains: [SC_stolen_PNS_prototype, vayra_caliph_bounty, vayra_test_unique_bounty]
3872770 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager$UniqueBountyData.conditionsMet(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:82)

-->SC_stolen_PNS_prototype  ... , vns_archangel_standard, , 200,1.25, ,TRUE,FALSE,208,25,150
--  vayra_test_unique_bounty ... , sunder_CS",                    200,1.1,,FALSE,FALSE,206,1,1
--  vayra_caliph_bounty,        ... , vayra_hyena_cs",             300,1.2,,TRUE,FALSE,208,30,100

You've got an additional comma(Column) up there at your unique bounty row, interestingly enough the game seems to ignore this somehow sometimes.

VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:82 -- this.neverSpawnWhenFactionHostile
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 08:12:34 AM by Hastur »

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 02, 2019, 08:12:15 AM »

... - unique bounty data list contains: [SC_stolen_PNS_prototype, vayra_caliph_bounty, vayra_test_unique_bounty]
3872770 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager$UniqueBountyData.conditionsMet(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:82)

-->SC_stolen_PNS_prototype  ... , vns_archangel_standard, , 200,1.25,,TRUE,FALSE,208,25,150
--  vayra_test_unique_bounty ... , sunder_CS",                    200,1.1,,FALSE,FALSE,206,1,1
--  vayra_caliph_bounty,        ... , vayra_hyena_cs",             300,1.2,,TRUE,FALSE,208,30,100

You've got an additional comma(Column) up there at your unique bounty row, interestingly enough the game seems to ignore this somehow sometimes.

Shouldn't be - I copied the entire line from thgualsno

# intelText : text what goes in the intel panel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
# flagshipVariant : variant ID of bounty flagship. Will NOT use autofit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
# fleetVariants : comma seperated list of variant ids for rest of bounty fleet. Will NOT use autofit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
# minimumFleetFP : random faction ships will be added to fleet until its FP passes this number.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Will double-check

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 02, 2019, 08:28:17 AM »

# fleetVariants : comma seperated list of variant ids for rest of bounty fleet. Will NOT use autofit,,,

Mhhm i see so thats a dead end. Vayra has a player_bounty_factions.csv where it is determined which faction can or can't post a bounty but thats prob not relevant seeing as the problem starts with
  if (this.neverSpawnWhenFactionHostile && Global.getSector().getFaction(this.factionId).isHostileTo(Factions.PLAYER)) {
                return false;

thanks for your time nonetheless
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 08:49:25 AM by Hastur »

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 02, 2019, 10:29:08 AM »

If it's giving you problems, simply remove hte file altogehter. The missing bounty will not affect anything else

I will do some testing and put a new version soon

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 02, 2019, 11:19:24 AM »

If it's giving you problems, simply remove hte file altogehter. The missing bounty will not affect anything else

I will do some testing and put a new version soon

Thanks, its probably smthing menial like faulty ram or some bad sectors on my HDD, jjk.
Btw i saw some scav's out there that are not independent faction scavs with different composition in comparison to the usual scavs that are pretending not to be pirates. Did you add them as a special sub faction or do some of you main Factions employ scavs themselves ?

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 02, 2019, 12:35:16 PM »

If you referring to FTG ships, they are something all faction can use (they are flagged in both basic_bp and FTG_bp), so they can appear everywhere.

The Free Traders Guild has been removed as a playable faction, so you won't see them if you play core worlds. They should appear in corvus mode. Making them playable is simply a matter of changing playable to true in the faction file.

And yes, I did spend a lot of time searching for good music ad portraits. Glad someone appreciates it. Narrowing down what to use was suffering.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 12:37:51 PM by TrashMan »

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 02, 2019, 01:58:08 PM »

Yup, can confirm it now. Will have to look into this

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 02, 2019, 02:44:37 PM »

Domo arigato.

Those hull mods are great, adding to the logistics department while proving drawbacks to combat effectiveness and vice versa. The Supply Ships, freighters, tankers and esp utility ships like the small sensor ones a are definitive step up from the vanilla and other modded ones that i know of (HMI, DME, VAYRA's, LOA, Artefact) and feel dirt cheap in regards to their pricing. As for the more combat oriented ships, no clue Im still in the phase of doing non combat oriented mission, scuttling along as i go. Playing with Ruthless Sector and Bigger-AI Fleets makes the beginning a bit more unpredictable and combat less viable, even if there is significantly more salvage to be found.         

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 03, 2019, 12:55:51 AM »

The balance is still work in progress.
For the most part you'll find that SC ships are somewhat more heavily armed, but less armored (except the RSF, who are all armor and guns, but weak or no shields)

I'll probably have to bump the price of the Prober (and boost it's sensors) and especially Copernicus. Normally, small sensors ships are trash because of the way vanilla sensor mods work (+50% sensor range, with small ships having short ranges. So a frigate with the best sensor upgrades possible might be only as good as s stock destroyer). This is why for Copernicus, I made a sensor upgrade a flat bonus (+200), since it's basically a flying sensor with no shields.

For actual transports, space ruskies have great ones (in terms of cargo efficiency, Ox is great), with the UIN and XLE having the most heavily armed ones (but slow). The Tortoise and Manta are quite capable of defending themselves.
The best SC fuel carrier would the Poseidon (FTG design)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 12:59:58 AM by TrashMan »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31