Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: [0.9.1a]STEELCLAD v1.0.25c ( 17.11.2019)  (Read 159042 times)

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a]STEELCLAD v0.1 (Ironclads revival) - 15.5.2017
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2017, 12:14:59 PM »

Well, found 2 ways of dealing with this.

1) Edit salvage_entity_gen_data.csv. It seems to be responsible for generating derelicts and remnants. Remove or replace them with AI/Aliens

2) Copy Derelict and Remnant faction files and entities, but basically turn them into AI/Aliens

Hm.....

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2017, 12:34:53 PM »

Bloody hell.....

Code
3824 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [G:\GAMES\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Steelclad\data\hulls\isa4-cr-lexington.ship]
4490 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.OO0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Can't find what is wrong. The editor opens the ship just fine and it's fully defined everywhere.

Is there a limit on Landing bays?

b.t.w. - this is how the Lexingot looks ATM

[attachment deleted by admin]

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2017, 12:39:04 PM »

Oh, and the Leningrad:

"Created 60 years after the Moscow, the Leningrad was the RSF's attempt at creating a ship capable of breaking trough ISA jump point blockades. It is roughly the same size as the Moscow, and borrowing much of it's design (including the entire drive section), but that is where the similarities end.

This warship has more powerful frontal shields - the strongest of any RSF ship - and optimized engines with a powerful booster, giving it surprising speed for it's mass. Both are needed, for it's role is to dive into the enemy fleet and unleash devastating broadsides.

The Leningrad is designed like the old pre-battleship dreadnoughts, with focus on as many medium-caliber guns on each side. As a result, most guns can't face forward and the firepower it can bring forward while protected by it's shield is miniscule. This is also it's greatest weakness. In order to deal damage, the Leningrad must expose itself to return fire.

But, the sheer number of energy and ballistic medium weapons it can bring to bear can break trough the strongest shields and hulls, and heavy armor ensures it can stay alive long enough to deliver the hurt. After the loss of the Federation, some medium turrets have been replaced with powerful flak batteries to protect it from enemy bombers."

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2017, 03:58:30 PM »

Got the rules.csv file working for starting the game, at least. See attached.

I copied the current vanilla rules.csv file, cut out the new game starting options, and replaced them with the ones you provided. I then replaced instead of append in mod_info.json (in general, replace should be used over append with a TC IMO)
I had some trouble with setStartingRep.java compiling that I never resolved, but since you cut it out of the rules.csv, it's unneeded and I deleted it.
I had to doctor the rules a bit to fix some minor issues (extra line with a blank space in it caused a crash, aptitude points no longer exist).

I just tested your rules.csv

Code
4842 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["id"] not found.
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["id"] not found.
at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
at org.json.JSONObject.getString(JSONObject.java:577)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Rules.o00000(Unknown Source)

What the...?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2017, 11:34:37 PM »

You forgot a comma somewhere, or a quote "". Well, probably, when I was having fun with .csv files that error popped when I forgot to replace all ; with ,.

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2017, 03:17:02 AM »

Got the rules.csv file working for starting the game, at least. See attached.

I copied the current vanilla rules.csv file, cut out the new game starting options, and replaced them with the ones you provided. I then replaced instead of append in mod_info.json (in general, replace should be used over append with a TC IMO)
I had some trouble with setStartingRep.java compiling that I never resolved, but since you cut it out of the rules.csv, it's unneeded and I deleted it.
I had to doctor the rules a bit to fix some minor issues (extra line with a blank space in it caused a crash, aptitude points no longer exist).

I just tested your rules.csv

Code
4842 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["id"] not found.
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["id"] not found.
at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
at org.json.JSONObject.getString(JSONObject.java:577)

What the...?

Was this on load? Or was this when trying to generate a new game? Just in case somehow I had not saved the csv when I attached it or something, see attached? For me, with my mod_info I get to the main screen.

Someone needs to modify a lot of the rules.csv for the dialogue for fleet greetings and such.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2017, 03:39:37 AM »

I did it for factions, but the error it kepsthrowing out is in the TUTORIAL SECTION

Code
17147 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - org.json.JSONException: Mismatched quotes in the string; last quote: [,
], last added row:
{
  "conditions": " and where there's one",
  "id": "It's a good idea to pick up a mission first",
  "options": " your standing is high enough that such a request would be accepted.",
  "script": " there's often more.\",tutReport3:Continue,\ntut_janContactReport3,DialogOptionSelected,$option == tutReport3,,\"Finally",
  "text": " you could take a comission with the Hegemony - due to the Galatia business",
  "trigger": " so you're not running blind - someone's usually offering good money to analyze this planet or that derelict"
}
org.json.JSONException: Mismatched quotes in the string; last quote: [,
], last added row:
{
  "conditions": " and where there's one",
  "id": "It's a good idea to pick up a mission first",
  "options": " your standing is high enough that such a request would be accepted.",
  "script": " there's often more.\",tutReport3:Continue,\ntut_janContactReport3,DialogOptionSelected,$option == tutReport3,,\"Finally",
  "text": " you could take a comission with the Hegemony - due to the Galatia business",
  "trigger": " so you're not running blind - someone's usually offering good money to analyze this planet or that derelict"
}
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.return.o00000(Unknown Source)

you also left a miner career option in 2 places.

EDIT:
Ok, werks now.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 03:57:42 AM by TrashMan »

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2017, 05:09:30 AM »

I love the 2 new ships your working on. I love the style of the ships in the mod too. The ISA and the russians are my favourite. Not too keen on the other factions.
Really nice style though.  ;D

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2017, 06:54:12 AM »

Can't find where the procgen remnant/derelict spawning is defined.

I had just hoped to replace the remnant/derelict stations with AI/Alien stations, but no luck yet.

Guess I can re-name alien/AI in the files to derelict/remnant, thus having them spawn... will try making a remnant_station set to being AI faction and see how it goes.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2017, 09:55:37 AM »

Not making much progress with procgen...

On the flipside, I fixed all the missions, added some more and of course, more ships and weapons. I hope I can get the procgen to work soon.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2017, 02:23:49 PM »

Well, I created a remnant_station2_Standard.variant, from a new, single-piece starbase hull for the AI, I put it in the AI faction file, but still no luck.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2017, 02:34:20 PM »

Note: if you don't want remnant/derelict/etc generation to take place, the best thing to do would be to call

SectorThemeGenerator.generators.clear()

Sometime before procgen runs, i.e. in ModPlugin.onNewGame(), or even in onApplicationLoad().

That will clear the set of "generators" that are used to populate the Sector with ruins, derelict ships, etc - basically anything salvage or exploration related, except for generating the actual star systems/planets/terrain/etc.

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2017, 05:25:50 PM »

Can't find where the procgen remnant/derelict spawning is defined.

I had just hoped to replace the remnant/derelict stations with AI/Alien stations, but no luck yet.

Guess I can re-name alien/AI in the files to derelict/remnant, thus having them spawn... will try making a remnant_station set to being AI faction and see how it goes.

It's defined in DerelictThemeGenerator. If you want to use it, you will need to need a derelict faction, as the faction is hardcoded. The defense encounter is in rules.csv/SalvageDefenderInteraction.java

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2017, 05:52:57 AM »

Well, the remants are throwing out errors anymore (I basically set the AI faction to be remnants), the derelicts are.

Looks like you're right and I'm going to need the derelict faction

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2017, 07:32:52 AM »

It's all confusing.

derelict_survey_mothership seems to be a combat group defined in hte faction file, and in it is the station_derelict_survey_mothership_Standard.variant, itself defined in the stations folder

But rules csv seems to call other things

Code
# Descriptions of automated defenders,,,,,,
sal_printDefaultDefenders,TriggerAutomatedDefenses,,SalvageDefenderInteraction,"As your $shipOrFleet moves in closer, new energy signatures are detected near the $shortName.",,
sal_printDebrisDefenders,TriggerAutomatedDefenses,$customType == debris_field_shared,SalvageDefenderInteraction,"As your $shipOrFleet moves in closer, new energy signatures are detected near a larger pieces of debris.",,
sal_triggerProbeDefenders,TriggerAutomatedDefenses,$customType == derelict_probe,SalvageDefenderInteraction,"As your $shipOrFleet moves in closer, several energy signatures are detected coming online inside the probe's hold.",,
sal_triggerSurveyShipDefenders,TriggerAutomatedDefenses,$customType == derelict_survey_ship,SalvageDefenderInteraction,"As your $shipOrFleet moves in closer, multiple energy signatures are detected coming online from various points on and within the flayed hull of the survey ship.",,
sal_triggerMothershipDefendersBoth,TriggerAutomatedDefenses,"$customType == derelict_mothership
$hasStation

Can't find derelict_probe or derelict_survey_ship defined anywhere in any shape or form.
I'm looking into the Starfarer.api.zip, but still can't find DerelictThemeGenerator or SalvageDefenderInteraction....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31