Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where to find derelict ship.  (Read 21844 times)

obihal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Where to find derelict ship.
« on: April 28, 2017, 01:01:45 PM »

is there any tip to find derelic ship for the mission.

1.  i find one in the system but no reward. as far as i understand you get the reward immediately.

2.  i noticed derelict ships give a direction for an another derelict.  Are these second derelicts any good :)

"Mission Analysis : The target is located in the heart of Mengryla star system in the Solas nebula"

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 01:07:55 PM by obihal »

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
Re: Where to find derelict ship.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 01:42:39 PM »

not much other than to go around using active sensor burst. When you find the right one it'll have an exclamation mark tagged on it.

Second derelicts in my experience have been pretty good, I don't know if they're better than average or if I just got lucky though
mmm.... tartiflette

obihal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 01:48:04 PM »

ok thanks..

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 06:03:25 PM »

When TriTachyon and Hegemony are at war, jump to Vahallla's gas giant, there's usually debris fields with good ships in them. You gotta be quick since debris fields only last a few days after you enter the system.

obihal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 10:42:36 AM »

When TriTachyon and Hegemony are at war, jump to Vahallla's gas giant, there's usually debris fields with good ships in them. You gotta be quick since debris fields only last a few days after you enter the system.

i will wait for the war then  ;D

i give up these run sensor package missions.  i tried another mission "find minor weapon cache" After one hour of search and 2-3 weapon cache and 6-7 derelict ships still coulldt find it. :(   

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 10:53:30 AM »

is there any tip to find derelic ship for the mission.

1.  i find one in the system but no reward. as far as i understand you get the reward immediately.

2.  i noticed derelict ships give a direction for an another derelict.  Are these second derelicts any good :)

"Mission Analysis : The target is located in the heart of Mengryla star system in the Solas nebula"

When accepting the mission pay attention to the description:"ship is orbiting a volcanic world in the xy system". You can check in the intel tab and find these worlds easily. Also center of system means most likely close to the star of the system. Most are rather easy to find.  :)

obihal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 03:38:32 AM »

i search near the sun again but still coult find it. 

Are these "mission derelicts/weapon caches" show on active sensor burst like normal derelicts or you have to very close to find it ?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 04:09:24 AM »

Pay attention to description... Most of the time it points you to some object that should be in the vicinity of derelict, but it's not always the case. Sometimes it says something vague and then you just have to be lucky. Derelict show up normally when using active scan burst (or whatever it's called), do it mostly near some objects (planets, rings), because most of the time they are there. Don't forget to check out gates because often they have debris or derelict fields around them.
Also, if recovered logs say something about derelicts, most of the time it's worth checking out (intel screen -> fleet logs).

obihal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 10:30:44 AM »

At last success. i can do it when the mission say "orbiting an inactive gate".    Never again i wll try "in the hearth of system" or "in the outer reaches"  :)

ErKeL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 10:18:32 PM »

Yeah outer reaches seems impossible sometimes and heart of the system is just as risky.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 10:27:44 PM »

"Outer reaches" is the only bad one, never had problems with "heart of the system".