Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: HUD indicator adjustment  (Read 4980 times)

cyborg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
HUD indicator adjustment
« on: May 31, 2011, 05:36:06 AM »

Some of the interface elements like "flux" require near constant attention. It would be great if there was a color indicator instead of trying to read the number.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: HUD indicator adjustment
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 08:46:42 AM »

Hmm... there is a bar showing the flux level already. Maybe it should flash when it gets high, though - would help draw attention to it when necessary.

cyborg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 05:15:52 PM »

yeah,I was thinking of a blue yellow red color spectrum( low to high) as the bar fills up, but that might work also. It could just be the color against the bright Hubble telescope backgrounds.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 11:36:32 AM »

This problem is actually more of an issue for large monitors. A simple solution might be to (optionally) place a secondary set of basic indicators (flux, hull) on the mouse cursor. Typically, I am looking where I am aiming, and thinking about where I want to position myself next; looking to the lower left and back again at crucial moments is impossible, so I often misjudge my combat effectiveness, especially when it comes to (for example) shield strength vs. overload mechanic.