Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Author Topic: Auction house  (Read 1466 times)

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
Auction house
« on: April 26, 2017, 10:04:22 AM »

I had this cool but totally random idea.

Since pristine hulls are hard to come by in the new update, there should be a more reliable way to get them than going around the universe looking for them in random markets.

If you win the auction you would have to go to where it was ad it would be sitting in storage.

What do you guys think?
May the fry be with you.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Auction house
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 02:11:00 PM »

I like this idea quite a lot actually.

You could weight it towards the rarer hull types, have the auction update daily.

Then people would need to stick around comm relays if they want a chance to win it, if it lasts two weeks or something, and then they'd need to GET to their prize.

And, you know, there's always a chance a disgruntled loser or evesdropping opportunist might want to reappropriate said ship just after pickup.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 02:51:31 PM »

I like the idea. It would be even better if you could submit ships for auction.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 03:08:44 PM »

This sounds like a mini-game. :: looks closer :: It IS a mini-game! ::Hissssss::

While I completely agree that there should be a reliable way of getting ship hulls, I really dislike it being an 'auction'. Why not just have a way to commission hulls? Perhaps talking to a station quartermaster and threatening to destroy every ship in the system, reduce their world to ash, and desecrate their remains paying an exorbitant amount?

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 05:30:51 AM »

Why not both?