Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Editing in Ships  (Read 3425 times)

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
Editing in Ships
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:43:39 AM »

I have decided that I would like to ask all of you how one mods ships into the inventory of a space station. I have been wanting a Conqest-class for some time now, but I haven't been able to successfully capture one in battle. Any ideas/tips?
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

powerbonger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Editing in Ships
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:52:49 AM »

I would love to know how to do this myself. I've reached the point of the current game when I want to tweak things and try out stuff I couldn't normally acquire. Also, I pretty much got tired of waiting for supply convoys to arrive and see if they bring new ships.  :'(

I did try to edit the save game, though. Any of my attempts at duplicating ship for sale entries in the XML ended in a load error (was trying to duplicate a Xyphos in the station).

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:54:57 PM »

I've moved this to Modding, as I think it's a better fit for the topic. You could try having a look at Paul's TT Station mod (see the Master Mod List sticky at the top) for some fairly clever ways of getting more inventory in to the world.

I don't know much myself beyond using Pauls example though ...

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 12:58:26 PM »

I have a similar problem to this, but i'm trying to add a whole new faction into the game ;D, how do you do something like that?

Alexander86

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »

I have a file i can share with you that adds all the ships in the game to the Gun runners station. You'll need the Starfarer Extended mod and the TT station + gun runner mod. Then put this file in the starfarer\mods\gun runners +tt station\data\scripts\world\ folder. Back up the original. It adds 12 of every ship actually and it should restock when the convoy comes monthly. It only has one variant of every ship and it doesn't have the last ship that the starfarer extended mod added but it can be a guideline on how to do what you want.

[attachment deleted by admin]