Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.8a] Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Mobile Suits  (Read 101208 times)

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Mobile Suits
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2017, 10:46:31 PM »

I justo got this from a weapons cache.... needless to say, absurdly op (1250 DPS!!?).... I guess I was not suposed to get this?

Ah, yeah probably not. I still need to tweak the guns for the isaribi. Thanks for the heads up. Also it's a built in gun but I guess I made an error in the weapon data with the damage.

DanJSC

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2017, 01:42:02 AM »

I managed to find the hullmod the gundams have, the hullmod that gives 50% maneouvrability for 0 op

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2017, 01:55:32 AM »

I managed to find the hullmod the gundams have, the hullmod that gives 50% maneouvrability for 0 op

Man all these things I thought I figured wouldn't show up are showing up. Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to push out a bug fix for this stuff soonish, either later today or so.

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2017, 08:30:42 AM »

New update, fixes the bugs of stuff that shouldnt appear, appearing. Also some balance changes.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2017, 06:14:53 PM »

Well there goes my Alaya-Vijnana System equipped ships. Kinda sad to see it go but a bug is a bug.

Anyway, I find it odd since Mobile Workers requires 3 OP while while vanilla talons only uses 0 OP considering that talons are kinda superior to Mobile workers in almost every way. Maybe lower the OP cost? Just a thought. (Quick question, What Mobile Worker is being used in this mod?)

As for the Isaribi, They are seriously hard to find huh? The only Isaribi I found so far is an Unrecoverable Derelict floating around a dead gate in a random system. So I haven't tested it out.

Darenkel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2017, 07:03:24 PM »

I think you forgot to update the version file. It still shows up as v1.5 in the mod menu.

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2017, 11:25:31 PM »

Well there goes my Alaya-Vijnana System equipped ships. Kinda sad to see it go but a bug is a bug.

Anyway, I find it odd since Mobile Workers requires 3 OP while while vanilla talons only uses 0 OP considering that talons are kinda superior to Mobile workers in almost every way. Maybe lower the OP cost? Just a thought. (Quick question, What Mobile Worker is being used in this mod?)

As for the Isaribi, They are seriously hard to find huh? The only Isaribi I found so far is an Unrecoverable Derelict floating around a dead gate in a random system. So I haven't tested it out.

Yeah I'll try to tweak the mobile workers a bit for next update, prob put em at 0 OP like the talons, they're more so meant just to be fodder for the most part, and the space type. I think thats just luck really, I've seen a few Isaribi in my short playthrough, they're mainly just as independent and persean stations

I think you forgot to update the version file. It still shows up as v1.5 in the mod menu.

Hmm, it seems to be right for me when I download it.

AudaciousBS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2017, 07:55:51 PM »

I love IBO so I'm using this mod for all of my fighters! I've got a couple of questions and nitpicks:

Q1 Are you planning on making all of the IBO mobile suits and ships? Getting the Gjallarhorn and Teiwaz ships would be awesome.

Q2 Shouldn't the Isaribi be a cruiser? The only ship we saw that was significantly bigger was Elion's flagship (which I figure would be a capital ship)

Q3 Do the mobile suits from this mod work with the Diable carrier's Wanzer Servicing Gantry?

N1 I'm pretty sure Isaribi is the name of the ship, not the class. This is super minor and the wiki doesn't say what the manufacturer designated the ship so I guess it works unless you want to make one up. Also according to the wiki the Isaribi has alaya-vijnana equipped.

N2 Shouldn't Customs either be much stronger or cost a lot less OP to equip since they're solo fighters? A normal wing of 2 or 3 MS is gonna take down a custom in SS at the moment and that seems..... wrong?

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2017, 09:18:11 PM »

I love IBO so I'm using this mod for all of my fighters! I've got a couple of questions and nitpicks:

Q1 Are you planning on making all of the IBO mobile suits and ships? Getting the Gjallarhorn and Teiwaz ships would be awesome.

Q2 Shouldn't the Isaribi be a cruiser? The only ship we saw that was significantly bigger was Elion's flagship (which I figure would be a capital ship)

Q3 Do the mobile suits from this mod work with the Diable carrier's Wanzer Servicing Gantry?

N1 I'm pretty sure Isaribi is the name of the ship, not the class. This is super minor and the wiki doesn't say what the manufacturer designated the ship so I guess it works unless you want to make one up. Also according to the wiki the Isaribi has alaya-vijnana equipped.

N2 Shouldn't Customs either be much stronger or cost a lot less OP to equip since they're solo fighters? A normal wing of 2 or 3 MS is gonna take down a custom in SS at the moment and that seems..... wrong?

Q1 I plan to add most of them in, if not all

Q2 The AI has problems when targeting things that are kinda long and narrow like the isaribi so I decided to set it to destroyer size, it seems to work well enough.

Q3 They don't get the bonus I don't think.

N1 Yeah the only thing that I could really call it otherwise would be NOA-0093, so I figured isaribi would be better. Yeah I'll prob add in a ship version for the system, just gotta change it up so it's not too op.

N2 Yeah the customs definitely need more balancing, I'll look into some buffs for them.

N2

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2017, 03:24:33 AM »

Oooh, More rodi frame variants and graze variants I assume? yes plox.

I tried using Graze Space Type and Shiden Custom on a Pandemonium. I don't think they are affected. Gonna do some further tests later.

N2 Yeah the customs definitely need more balancing, I'll look into some buffs for them.

Probably increase the armor and maneuverability?

P.S. Scavenge a Carrier or Racoon's Mule (M) (highest chance of dropping the hullmod) for a converted flight deck, put them on civilian ships (Mule, Tarsus, Buffalo, etc), install MS in them and sit back, relax and watch the enemy fleets sink.

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2017, 04:32:09 AM »

Oooh, More rodi frame variants and graze variants I assume? yes plox.

I tried using Graze Space Type and Shiden Custom on a Pandemonium. I don't think they are affected. Gonna do some further tests later.

Probably increase the armor and maneuverability?

P.S. Scavenge a Carrier or Racoon's Mule (M) (highest chance of dropping the hullmod) for a converted flight deck, put them on civilian ships (Mule, Tarsus, Buffalo, etc), install MS in them and sit back, relax and watch the enemy fleets sink.

Yeah prob, but the only rodi variant next would be the spinner and garm versions. I might make custom coloured versions for pirates though since I'm doing some custom coloured versions of other MS'. Yeah I've given them some little buffs all around, mainly just armor and damage buffs, of course also lowered the generic grunts a bit too so not everything is a murder machine.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2017, 05:07:22 AM »

alancing, I'll look into some buffs for them.
Yeah prob, but the only rodi variant next would be the spinner and garm versions. I might make custom coloured versions for pirates though since I'm doing some custom coloured versions of other MS'. Yeah I've given them some little buffs all around, mainly just armor and damage buffs, of course also lowered the generic grunts a bit too so not everything is a murder machine.

There are actually some more units in the side story manga, Which includes the Hakuri Rodi (two types, melee type MS), and the Labrys, A rodi frame MS that has enhanced sensors (though to be honest, its just a man rodi with a huge ugly head).

Unfortunately, IBO series doesn't have that many MS types. :-\

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2017, 05:26:45 AM »

alancing, I'll look into some buffs for them.

There are actually some more units in the side story manga, Which includes the Hakuri Rodi (two types, melee type MS), and the Labrys, A rodi frame MS that has enhanced sensors (though to be honest, its just a man rodi with a huge ugly head).

Unfortunately, IBO series doesn't have that many MS types. :-\

Oh yeah I should look at the manga too, mainly for the rodi types.

Yeah most of the MS' are just alt versions of existing frames, which sucks but they're good designs (to me anyway).

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2017, 07:01:28 AM »

New update v1.7

Add Persean League and Hegemony faction variants of the Shiden and Graze respectfully, and an Isaribi variant for each.
Further balance changes

DOWNLOAD LINK

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2017, 09:45:32 AM »

Nice, thanks for these.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7