Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: A Falcon's Role  (Read 28791 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: A Falcon's Role
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2017, 02:15:00 PM »

@ Midnight Kitsune:  No.  Since you mentioned it, I found it and played a few sims with double and triple speed.  Triple speed is great for ship mobility, but less-than-ideal for everything else; shots fly too fast, peak performance times out too fast, by the time I react to AI overloading, they have recovered.  Double speed is more like it all around, though timers ticking down faster is a bit of a bummer, except for venting.

I would like it if I could boost ship mobility by triple and everything else from normal speed to double.  It would ease my compulsion to grab all of the speed skills.  Then, those would be useful mostly for kiting or pursuit benefits, not just lighting a fire underneath my slow-poke flagship to get it going.  I feel like pressing movement keys harder and harder trying get my slow ship to move faster!

I also wish there was a shot-range multiplier.  Starsector in 0.8 feels like a boxing or fencing match in space, not a shooting match.

Also would be nice of some of these relatively harmless settings were accessible in options, not buried in the settings.json where all sorts of evil stuff can be done.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]