Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: [0.8a] Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliary Fleet v1.1  (Read 100164 times)

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliary Fleet v1.0 (UPDATE)
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2017, 06:25:35 PM »

Omg, Mule (A) and Shepherd (A)? Gotta check it out asap :D

Edit: Also we have a Hound (A), how about Cerberus (A)? It only seems logical if they had an Hound auxilliary that they would also do the same with slightly bigger Cerberus (:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 06:33:24 PM by Hussar »

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2017, 06:27:46 AM »

Use this paintjob if you want.

Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2017, 03:28:44 PM »

Very nice! I'd be down for a Cerberus (A).

On another note, @PCCL you should try to make a slightly modified icon for the Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliary hullmod. Just so we can tell them apart a little quicker.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2017, 04:44:40 PM »

Edit: Also we have a Hound (A), how about Cerberus (A)? It only seems logical if they had an Hound auxilliary that they would also do the same with slightly bigger Cerberus (:

As much as I'd like to have an (A) version of every single ship in existence.... I'm afraid I have to draw the line somewhere. Imo the Hegemony version of the cerberus is.... well... the cerberus. The ship itself is militant enough that I don't think it needs the variant.

On another note, @PCCL you should try to make a slightly modified icon for the Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliary hullmod. Just so we can tell them apart a little quicker.

good idea! Updated. It's a bit of a hackjob (changed hue/saturation and contrast of the normal sprite. But it does give it a bit more of an industrial look and helps distinguishing, so there's that.
mmm.... tartiflette

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliary Fleet v1.1 (UPDATE)
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2017, 05:01:25 PM »

As much as I'd like to have an (A) version of every single ship in existence.... I'm afraid I have to draw the line somewhere. Imo the Hegemony version of the cerberus is.... well... the cerberus. The ship itself is militant enough that I don't think it needs the variant.

Aww, when I've hoped ;)

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2017, 01:39:51 AM »

Hegemony version of the cerberus is.... well... the cerberus.

Aww, when I've hoped ;)

Unfortunately Cerberus is really military transport, so paramilitary version will be actual downgrade for it, that's why i don't use the sprite. If you want fun to play refit however PM me, i can send you the Cerberus (BR) - a blockade runner i made for a WIP mod. It has safety overrides, composite hull/armor and custom engine refit - nice flux stats, 50% sensor profile, nearly immune to EMP, 214 speed, burn 11, 30% less hull/armor (no future upgrades possible for hull/armor/engines) and ~50% weapon range. It's burn drive has also been replaced with courier drive that projects damper field while burning (flameout on collision remains).

For more fun it also has Delicate machinery, so your default peak performance time is ~30 seconds.
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2017, 06:02:18 AM »

You could say the same about the Hound I think.

And no thank u, that's... overkill xD

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2017, 06:06:58 AM »

I don't think your HEA hullmod should increase maintenance, having to look for better versions and paying for them should be enough.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2017, 03:21:29 AM »

Y'know, when I first heard that the Venture (A) was overpowered, I laughed.

Gotta say, after this battle, I was not laughing.  :o

Spoiler

[close]

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2017, 05:45:53 AM »

Thing is that Venture (A) doesn't have better armor anymore, just saying.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2017, 01:14:22 PM »

that.... it.... can't have lasted longer than like 3 seconds like that... right?
mmm.... tartiflette

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2017, 01:32:16 PM »

Venture with vanilla auxiliary hullmod was helluva beast, tough as hell. I expect that Axle's one was falling similarly to Paragon, long and it lasted even with its shields down.
HEA is better mod, it actually makes them quite useful for shield tanking and fire support (it's laughably easy to make flux-neutral Venture (A)).
Right now I'm laughing because...

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2017, 01:35:45 PM »

ah... yup

that's what happens if you use an existing saving game....

just... be honest and unmount that.... would ya?

EDIT: Also, do you have the latest vestion (1.1)? Pretty sure the hullmods shouldn't look the same
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:37:59 PM by PCCL »
mmm.... tartiflette

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2017, 01:40:28 PM »

I was complaining about 1987 Venture, 2112 one isn't going to make me any happier. It helps that I'm not using it anyway, even though it has potential to eat though any other cruiser with player guidance (because dem SPARKS), but it's slow, which means that it's going to lie idly next to three identical ones. And with twin HVDs it doesn't really needs that much flux, especially since with shields down without any vents it has 25 to spare.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2017, 01:48:39 PM »

I was complaining about 1987 Venture, 2112 one isn't going to make me any happier. It helps that I'm not using it anyway, even though it has potential to eat though any other cruiser with player guidance (because dem SPARKS), but it's slow, which means that it's going to lie idly next to three identical ones. And with twin HVDs it doesn't really needs that much flux, especially since with shields down without any vents it has 25 to spare.

1987? 2112? what?

I mean.... if this is a complaint about the Venture's combat capabilities.... It IS a militarized civilian ship. You can definitely make a pretty beast killing machine out of it but it's not gonna outfight say a dominator or an aurora on a regular basis.....

If you'd like to make specific changes to the ship, let me know and I can show you how to mod it to your liking (it's not a difficult process). I will say though, the HEA hullmod (supply increase and all) and the (A) ships in general are pretty to my liking right now. Barring some great ideas I didn't think of, I don't foresee updating the mod any time soon.
mmm.... tartiflette
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7