Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.8a] Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliary Fleet v1.1  (Read 100543 times)

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Hegemony Auxiliary Venture (v1.1)
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 10:38:51 PM »

this is true. The mission added to the bottom of the mission list provides you a venture (A) to play around with in simulator if you'd like
mmm.... tartiflette

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 10:54:33 PM »

Yay! Once I ragequit my current save I'm going venture_A flagship run  ;D
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 11:13:21 PM »

Can confirm that the included mission is 100% fun!  ;D

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 11:19:30 PM »

I'll.... just leave this here  ;)

EDIT: WIP, of course, the color I'm mostly happy with but some parts could use some touch-up
mmm.... tartiflette

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 11:20:37 PM »

*drools in mod acquisition*
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 11:26:06 PM »

I'll.... just leave this here  ;)

I'm already excited. :P

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 02:46:50 AM »

Couple of questions / minor bug report:

The abandoned venture has
Code
"goalVariant": falsee,
which seems like it has an extra e on the end there.  Doubt it'll mess anything up too much as I suspect the default for that is false, but thought you should know.

Additionally, the rar file has a LocationAPI.java and a DerelictShipEntityPlugin.java in the root directory.  I'm not sure they do anything in the root directory and they seem to be identical to the vanilla versions from the starfarer.api anyway, so they probably shouldn't be there?

The mission_list.csv merges like most other csv files, so I think you only need to add the new mission name in particular.... Unless of course, you're doing it this way to get it to show up halfway through the normal missions in the list.

Speaking of the mission, you've got
Code
                // Mark player flagship as essential
//api.defeatOnShipLoss("HSS Steadfast");
In the MissionDefinition.java

Isn't that going to mean HSS Steadfast can explode all it likes, since it's commented out?  I haven't tested this, so apologies if the flagship is automatically vital or something.

Couple of things in the mission description:
unprecidented - unprecedented, line 8
hypothetic - line 8, is actually a word despite what the spellchecker thinks, but reads weird there to me.  Any reason not to go with just hypothetical?
"Exhausting every single avenue of attack physical and political to stop the treaty from being ratified." - Line 10, fragment.  Consider revising? Eheh, sorry, MS Word flashbacks, but just changing the previous full stop to a comma should fix this.
line 12, similar, the sentence that starts with "Effectively doubling" should probably start "This effectively doubled".  Personally I would also change to "without having to consider a proportionately massive increase in industrial power" as the end of that line.

Overall thanks for putting so much effort in to make all the extra bits, makes the ship embed nicely into the world!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:48:59 AM by Darloth »

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2017, 04:34:58 AM »

Holy *** *** that's some thorough feedback, will take a look at all of them. Thanks for digging through all the code for it!

On one hand, can't believe I missed so much. On the other, I'm flattered that someone cares enough to do this

Cheers
mmm.... tartiflette

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2017, 05:20:18 AM »

Thanks for this mod, I'm going to add it in next time I play.  Seems like something that fits perfectly in vanilla--if the Hegemony is willing to militarize Buffalos they should definitely overhaul some Ventures.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2017, 05:30:06 AM »

Adding this mode to the game will not affect existing save, as in, it won't appear?
About mule: I don't really see potential in it, turret mounts are too far away from each other to make it combat capable.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2017, 05:50:28 AM »

ok, have some answers:

@Darloth: looked over most of these, fixed what needs fixing for next update but since they're all pretty minor, think I'll hold on to them until I have something more substantive.

- Abandoned Venture changed to false
- .java files removed (they were from when I tried to figure out how to add derelict
- HSS Steadfast made essential again (removed it temporarily for testing, forgot to turn it back on)
- Revised mission descriptions a bit for grammar and other weirdness

- The mission list indeed exists to place my mission in the middle as I feel it's somewhere between Hornet's Nest and The Last Hurrah in difficulty, plus the salvage theme makes me want to put it next to Hornet's Nest

@SCC: No. The abandoned Venture won't appear for certain, fleets and markets may start using them in the next economic cycle/fleet spawn but that would take like a month and I'm not even sure if it'll work.
mmm.... tartiflette

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2017, 05:56:10 AM »

I don't know about the derelict but you will definitely start to see the new ship in Heg fleets as soon as they spawn and in markets eventually, depending on luck.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2017, 06:15:11 AM »

to those of you currently playing this: How are y'all feeling about the frequency at which these guys are encountered?

Personally I feel they might be a bit low, but I haven't really had the time to sit down and play a year or so with this on so my perspective might be a bit skewed.
mmm.... tartiflette

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2017, 06:58:17 AM »

I'm literally 600 units of fuel from any closest market, before I return it'll spawn for sure, and if not, I can go on another trip.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2017, 09:44:44 AM »

I saw one almost immediately!

Of course, being one datapoint, that isn't useful at all... I'll keep watch and report back if I see too many or too few, but honestly it's okay if they're quite rare, because there's already Ventures out there as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7