Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Mora  (Read 25985 times)

TheWetFish

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The Mora
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2017, 06:40:02 PM »

Either the Drover has an excessive amount of OP or the Mora has far too little.

Drover - 90 OP, Mora - 115

Wat? How does a larger ship with 3 fighter bays and waaaay more weapons slots to fill only have 25 more OP? O_o

EDIT: Wiki lists the Drover @ 90 OP. It only has 70.

Someone, who shall remain completely nameless, totally dropped the ball on that one.  It's fixed now. Drover

I also anxiously doublechecked all of the Mora data and I had put those figures in correctly

As an important addendum, there are three variants of the Mora in the game right now.  The Support variant runs at 8000 (+4000) flux capacity (the most of any of the variants), 430 (+230) flux dissipation and uses all three of the fighter bays for Talon Interceptor Wings

This particular variant looks disproportionately strong in this version and may account for some of the mixed experiences
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 06:53:50 PM by TheWetFish »

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2017, 07:03:01 PM »

Ah, that's interesting. That particular variant does seem like it'd be considerably more problematic and "tanky".

I'd like to see the Mora's one oddball hardpoint changed to an energy slot. It makes sense when you consider all the Moras in the sector were once used by civilians due to being decommissioned and sold off—maybe them civvies converted that hardpoint into a mining laser slot or something!

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2017, 07:07:01 PM »

The lack of the energy mount limits its strike/emp damage to missiles, which is fine by me.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2017, 07:10:23 PM »

Fought even more Mora lately.  Nothing worse than what I fought so far.  If anything, I find enemy Heron with HVD at least as annoying to kill as Mora because Heron kites and that HVD hurts (if I pilot a glass cannon).

StarGibbon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2017, 07:21:15 PM »

As an important addendum, there are three variants of the Mora in the game right now.  The Support variant runs at 8000 (+4000) flux capacity (the most of any of the variants), 430 (+230) flux dissipation and uses all three of the fighter bays for Talon Interceptor Wings

This particular variant looks disproportionately strong in this version and may account for some of the mixed experiences

I'm skeptical. The moras are, in essence, just a simple bullet sponge. Like most carriers their offense is nothing  remarkable. The danger they pose mostly comes from their wings. If the player has more/better birds in the air, their destruction is just  a matter of time. Once their support is gone, they fall like most other things under the .8 carrier death swarms.  Drovers after all have a virtual "third bay" they can use on a temporary basis, allowing them to "punch" as hard as the Mora for limited periods of time, even without buffs.

ChaseBears

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2017, 11:02:38 PM »

Reserve deployment actually tends to let the Drover punch harder than the Heron or Mora imo.  They can get a lot more bang out of a high-op fighter like the Dagger, and Reserve Deployment refreshes really fast too.

If I were creating the world I wouldn’t mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o’clock, Day One!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]