Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Decorative Weapons Appearing in Weapon Groups -- fix?  (Read 1845 times)

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
Decorative Weapons Appearing in Weapon Groups -- fix?
« on: March 13, 2013, 12:27:25 PM »

When using pre-defined variants, decorative weapons work fine, and will never show up in the ship's weapon groups. However, after you refit them, there's a very high chance that they'll get placed into group 1. This is extremely annoying as some of the ships that I'm working with can have like, 20+ decorative weapons.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening, or am I just going to have to wait for the next update?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
Re: Decorative Weapons Appearing in Weapon Groups -- fix?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 12:32:13 PM »

I'm actually having the exact same problem, my decorations are sitting in group 1 and i can't for the life of me figure out how to remove them from there, and they don't work properly either, lights spawning shells, disks not spinning etc.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Decorative Weapons Appearing in Weapon Groups -- fix?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 12:39:04 PM »

Wait for the next update, really.  You can make a temporary fix by editing your own save file to remove the weapon group entries... but they'll just come back the next time you modify the ship's variant in-game.

The other temp workaround is to just never use weapon group 1 in your custom variants.

Neither of these is ideal, but they're the best we have for now.  Really hoping we'll get API to modify variants in-game, though, in which case we could make a plugin detect & fix this flaw.  (Of course, by the time the API exists, it'll be next release, and thus fixed.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.