Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Tredith Mining Fleet  (Read 20473 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Tredith Mining Fleet
« on: February 24, 2012, 03:58:11 PM »

Putting up a ragged fleet of old and wrecked ships. The underdogs of the galaxy, Tredith Mining Fleet.

Cheap, usually not a big threat for a prepared battlegroup, often spotted in huge mining groups near the asteroid belts of mineral rich systems. Their ships are not much durable but they can put up a fight thanks to their numbers and the versatility of each ship.

QUETZAL LIGHT TRANSPORT SHIP (Frigate Hull)

DRAMIEL MINING SURVEY SHIP (Frigate Hull)

PROPHET TANKER SHIP (Destroyer Hull)

IN COLLABORATION WITH medikohl (KITBASH! http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=1131.msg11190#msg1119090#msg11190)

WOTANG REFUELING SHIP

EZECHIEL MINING OP TEMPORARY BASE

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:06:26 AM by Uomoz »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: Tredith Mining Fleet
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:43:07 AM »

UPDATED:

QUETZAL LIGHT TRANSPORT FRIGATE

DRAMIEL MINING SURVEY FRIGATE

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 11:40:09 AM »

What would be the point of having near useless in combat ships?

SgtAlex86

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:41:25 AM »

mobs u can kill for monies without risk?  ???

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 11:42:43 AM »

Oh, i see, easy prey then  ;D

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 11:50:56 AM »

Cheap mining ships that you retreat in combat--when the game is finished we'll need every ship we can get!

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 12:02:05 PM »

Is there a point for the Tanker in the real game then? ^^ They are not meant to be in most players combat fleets (they are cheap support ships, sometime modified with hardpoints and turrets), but can be used by hardcore players that will try my almost impossible missions :P. I plan to put the faction in the campaign, adding a not-made-for-combat presence in the system (you can have fun hunting em down, or watching the pirates chasing a transport group into the sun xD)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:12:36 PM by Uomoz »

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 12:14:09 PM »

Is there a point for the Tanker in the real game then? ^^

Actually, yes there is.  While fuel isn't consumed in the campaign yet, eventually fleet tenders such as the tankers will be useful to extend your travel range considerably.  In system travel seems like it may not consume fuel, but interstellar travel definitely will, and I certainly wouldn't want to run dry on gas in the middle of the void.

Mining ships, I expect will probably also make it in (considering that there are mining drones and and mining blaster).

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 12:21:02 PM »

Is there a point for the Tanker in the real game then? ^^

Actually, yes there is.  While fuel isn't consumed in the campaign yet, eventually fleet tenders such as the tankers will be useful to extend your travel range considerably.  In system travel seems like it may not consume fuel, but interstellar travel definitely will, and I certainly wouldn't want to run dry on gas in the middle of the void.

Mining ships, I expect will probably also make it in (considering that there are mining drones and and mining blaster).

That's my point :)

ClosetGoth

• Commander
  • Permanently TTRPG-brained
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 12:23:40 PM »

Love these ships! I can't wait until we have more uses for these kinds of ships (and the unused "munition" ships in the graphics file...).
Starfaring since the very beginning of 2012

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 12:24:02 PM »

I absolutely love the idea of this. Not a big gameplay changer by itself, but it's a nice touch nevertheless and could help get newbies started more easily, too! Can't wait to see more development on it, keep up the good work!

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 01:01:02 PM »

Wait!!!! i remember from some post of alexs saying that he will add mining operations in the game in an later stage, would be cool if used these ships hough instead of having them being easy prey ;D (And how do you create a custom faction into the campaign?)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 01:59:49 PM »

They will surely take part in mining operations of sorts when it will be implemented, but with the game in the current state they are just a standard roaming faction (like the Independents), just a tad weaker then the others.

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 02:22:39 PM »

You can be sure that once supplys and fuel get added in and you start suffering major drawbacks from having to much crew and cargo/fuel freighters and tankers will be very, very important. I love the idea of low tech ships that poorly developed planets have started building like the crappy mechs in battletech because they simply lack the tech to build the fancy ones but a *** mech is better then nothing!

Flying death traps that cost a little more then the crews inside them but made effective in large numbers.

Kilvanya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 02:25:12 PM »

single engine, single small universal turret, circular, frigate, cost = 1 flt pt, credit cost 400, crew = 2

omfg 200 of these wreck everyones ****
Pages: [1] 2 3 4