Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: .8 feedback thread  (Read 104126 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: .8 feedback thread
« Reply #330 on: May 17, 2017, 04:35:23 PM »

@ Alex:  More specifically, the small ships Avoid the Paragon until they have the numbers to swarm it.  Paragon cannot force them to engage.  Once they swarm, they charge in like a pack of xenomorphs.  Even if you notice the swarm on time and escape, said swarm can retreat anytime, and you do not have much of a window to pick off maybe one or two out of the twenty plus.

Bigger ships like cruisers and capitals can try this, but they are too slow.  Paragon can kite and blast away with HVDs and quad Tachyon Lances and pick off ships one by one.  Once simulator progresses down into destroyers and frigates, it becomes like Aliens with the xenomorphs cutting off the space marines.

Before 0.8, extra speed (from Augmented Engines) and perks like hull regeneration made it possible to survive swarms in 0.72.  Before 0.72, they did not Avoid, and if you could survive at the corner, there was nothing they can do.  Onslaught with all skills maxed ate everything like popcorn back then.

If I pick any other ship for more mobility, the cruisers and capitals kill it.  Onslaught cannot deal with all from Conquest's missiles, Astral's bombers, and Paragon's beams.  If I try Astral, the bombers get picked off due to crossfire from multiple ships, then the Astral die.  Only Paragon has the raw power and defenses to solo all of the cruisers and capitals in the simulator.  But once it gets to the destroyers and frigates, Paragon cannot do much until they swarm, and Paragon cannot deal with twenty or more frigates pounding on it at once.

Re: Mora
At least Mora cannot kite.  Heron can, and you cannot send your fighters alone at it very easily when Heron has fighters of its own to offset yours.  I can send my fleet to swarm a Mora, and it will go down eventually.  Trying to catch a cowardly Heron with HVD is a bit of a pain.

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 17, 2017, 04:40:39 PM »

I echo most of Helmut's points above.

One thing different I have to say is that the skill system could use some tweaks—I feel like there is pretty much no reason to get abilities that only affect the piloted ship. Especially when you have options that lead to, for example, +15% range for just your ship OR ECM which gives the entire enemy fleet -20% range. Another example is the fleet-wide +15% CR, OR +15% for only the piloted ship.
Having to put 3 points into a tree also is somewhat prohibitive, and also feels like wasted levels.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 17, 2017, 04:48:15 PM »

Oh, I know full well Burn Drive is a good system (it was amazing back when you could cancel it by venting). Just, if you're gonna slap it on so many ships, maybe it's time create a new ship system that is also solid mechanically...

You can't tell me you've already run dry on quality ship system ideas!

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 17, 2017, 04:55:38 PM »

One more thing about heroic Paragon's last stand in simulator.  My best attempt had everything except the civilians and maybe a few carriers at the end of the list deployed.  What was left was more than about forty frigates and few other ships.  I think I might have had 27% CR left (I had Safety Procedures 2 for lower malfunction cutoff point).  Skilled Paragon is really freaking strong.  Probably the most powerful ship a player can use if it can get its target within weapons range.

Of course, in the campaign, you probably want a few carriers to eliminate frigates and the like.  Paragon cannot force fights if enemy does not want to engage.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 17, 2017, 05:04:51 PM »

hey alex you might wanna scroll down to the very botton of the key-rebinding menu and... remove most of that
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 17, 2017, 06:22:59 PM »

If Damper Field is getting weakened yet again, can it get some other benefit too?  Say like... immunity to EMP, faster dissipation, or just simply let the ship fire weapons while protected?  If it is only 50%, I might be tempted to just vent and eat the full damage instead of activating the field to take half damage and dissipate normally.

Currently, even 67% DR from Damper Field is not enough to save Brawler from getting EMP'ed by Salamander Brawler has no way of stopping.  With only 50%, better for Brawler to get the Accelerated Ammo Feeder back if Damper Field will not protect Brawler enough to matter.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 17, 2017, 06:53:09 PM »

Damper Field ... immunity to EMP

this plz
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 17, 2017, 08:28:38 PM »

I haven't even flown a mora or a legion, drover yes but only once to test a fun loadout and when I have seen those new ships in hostile fleets, my own superior and altered versions of a few favorite/preferred ships and weaponry are able to steamroll anything plus I always have maxed out character with maxed out everything and I fly only one of the super-ships.

Point being that I personally don't mind taking remnant AI fleets and derelict AI fleets down one by one as I've grown used to having most of the game's faction fire everything at me, if there is a battle ongoing or a large swath of an enemy fleet, I grin and blast in at burn 20 and steamroll the opposition. Then again I never auto-resolve anything as I love taking on large fleets with a commando super-ship, I am a Xenophilic Mutant Commando for a reason, a heretic to both God-Emporer and the Chaos gods to a degree as I worship no one but myself.
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 18, 2017, 05:32:14 AM »

In 0.7.2 brawler could face tank 2 reapers thanks to DF and still live... Now 1 reaper leaves it at less than half of its HPs. At 50% damage reduction it'll barely survive one reaper.
Problem with DF is that there are 2 frigates with it and one cruiser and now DF is balanced around that cruiser because it's getting into durability ranges outside the game scope (Mora DFing has effectively 3750 armour and 30000 HPs), while frigs were hardy but not impossible to destroy... And they couldn't attack you while DFing, whereas Mora can. I wish DF scaled inversely with ship size because otherwise Brawlers will loose effectiveness and Centurions all they have going for them.

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 18, 2017, 06:01:57 AM »

In 0.7.2 brawler could face tank 2 reapers thanks to DF and still live... Now 1 reaper leaves it at less than half of its HPs. At 50% damage reduction it'll barely survive one reaper.
Problem with DF is that there are 2 frigates with it and one cruiser and now DF is balanced around that cruiser because it's getting into durability ranges outside the game scope (Mora DFing has effectively 3750 armour and 30000 HPs), while frigs were hardy but not impossible to destroy... And they couldn't attack you while DFing, whereas Mora can. I wish DF scaled inversely with ship size because otherwise Brawlers will loose effectiveness and Centurions all they have going for them.

This. The Brawler at least has decent firepower, the Centurion has nothing but DF. Balancing DF around the Mora will gut the Centurion, and there's barely any point in using it in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:51:33 PM by Embolism »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 18, 2017, 06:17:18 AM »

Centurion needs more firepower (and its firing arcs changed to compete with Wayfarer's) if its Damper Field is getting weakened more, if it keeps Damper Field.  All it is good for is a flying Railgun brick that can keep up with some of the kiting frigates.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 18, 2017, 07:40:35 AM »

Maybe it could use a reduction in supplies a month/to deploy? When DF was 75% it being the same cost as a Tempest was okay, but with the Tempest buffs and DF nerfs it should probably be a bit cheaper.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 18, 2017, 08:38:15 AM »

Maybe also change the Centurion's missile mount to universal (one Salamander does not cut it anymore) and give it another +10 top speed so it can chase down Lashers but not high tech ships.

I would not mind seeing Centurion DP cost lowered to 5.  It is the closest midline has to low-tech's Lasher and high-tech's Wolf.

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 18, 2017, 09:20:17 AM »

Is Coordinated Maneuvers removing the ship's contribution after capping the boost intentional? This creates a bizarre situation where the actual max is 1-4% below the listed max. I switched it to be Math.max(0, Math.min(total-curr, max)) (Removing the if (total > max) total = max;, of course.) and it works perfectly.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 18, 2017, 10:38:11 AM »

Honestly I'd rather have a combat buff than logistical buff for centurion, it's already rare enough, make it at least fun to have.
@up yes it is, it's reported and fixed for 0.8.1.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27