Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: .8 feedback thread  (Read 103698 times)

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: .8 feedback thread
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2017, 10:35:13 AM »

Also the Mora is absolutely ridiculous. It nearly destroyed a fleet of mine composed of a Medusa, Enforcer, Wolf,Lasher and my Hyperion by itself with just Talons for fighters. Which by the way could keep up with my teleporting Hyperion...

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2017, 10:41:46 AM »

Also the Mora is absolutely ridiculous. It nearly destroyed a fleet of mine composed of a Medusa, Enforcer, Wolf,Lasher and my Hyperion by itself with just Talons for fighters. Which by the way could keep up with my teleporting Hyperion...

It's not just Mora, Talons are quite ridiculous too. They can easily kill high tech stuff (since shield usually doesn't cover 360 and they just swarm around target).
You need fighters of your own or extreme PD to counter.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2017, 10:46:26 AM »

I wonder if a dedicated tactical laser pd boat is gonna be in order
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2017, 10:52:54 AM »

I haven't yet found PDAI modspec in 0.8 to make tac laser pd, despite getting several millions of credits and having an Onslaught.
And as far as countering fighters, one tac laser Wolf is not enough to counter Mora's 3 wings.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2017, 10:56:32 AM »

I haven't yet found PDAI modspec in 0.8 to make tac laser pd, despite getting several millions of credits and having an Onslaught.
And as far as countering fighters, one tac laser Wolf is not enough to counter Mora's 3 wings.

Well yeah, if you're looking to counter a cruiser carrier you'd need 3 frigates worth of pd, or 2 TAC wolves (with one burst lazer each) to combat them while your fleet hits the Mora. We just need to bug Alex to make pd fire over friendly ships since fighters are so much more powerful now
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2017, 11:34:15 AM »

Modspecs in general are rare as all hell, except for a group that just about all the stations have. Oh and the drop chance for them? ONE ****ing percent! All the others are 25%+...
And it doesn't help that TT LOST two markets while we got yet another low tech using faction that has a dozen markets...
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2017, 11:37:24 AM »

Modspecs in general are rare as all hell, except for a group that just about all the stations have. Oh and the drop chance for them? ONE ****ing percent! All the others are 25%+...
And it doesn't help that TT LOST two markets while we got yet another low tech using faction that has a dozen markets...

Well to be fair TT also got
Spoiler
the entirety of the procgen sector
[close]

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2017, 12:07:07 PM »

Spoiler
[close]
LOLWat? The remnants have like 2% of the total sector in my game. They have NINE damn systems and their best ships, the battlestations, don't even respawn! And many times it is always like 4 different ships in their fleets. They get boring decently quick unless they have a station
Also, you can not capture Remnant ships.

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2017, 12:11:18 PM »

Just realized I'm approaching Level 40 and about 10 hours in and don't have Integrated Targeting Unit or Front Shield Generator: two of my staple hull mods from .7.  :o

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2017, 12:15:18 PM »

Spoiler
[close]
LOLWat? The remnants have like 2% of the total sector in my game. They have NINE damn systems and their best ships, the battlestations, don't even respawn! And many times it is always like 4 different ships in their fleets. They get boring decently quick unless they have a station
Also, you can not capture Remnant ships.

Do they? I've found them at every probe in every system I've hit so far

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2017, 01:32:36 PM »

Probes and the Remnant are not the same...

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2017, 02:29:00 PM »

Heh, I wish I had your luck! I've found a grand total of 2 yellow beacons and have never seen a Remnant ship outside of its system. Currently sitting on ~2 million credits, have cleared probably half the sector, and am flying around in a Legion (2x Gauss + 5x Sabot pods + Broadsword + 3x Piranha, Vulcans in the smalls) + many destroyers and frigates fleet.

Have a bunch of good hullmods - Hard Shields (very affordable) and Flux Resistant Conduits are my goto for my midline destroyers/cruisers. Haven't found ITU yet.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2017, 02:40:28 PM »

Some things I've noticed:

1) Colossus really needs more OP. The Phaeton, a destroyer-sized tanker, has a fair bit more than it despite the Colossus being a cruiser! They both have 4 small ballistic slots too so it's not like the Phaeton needs more OP for having more weapons...

2) The 25% fuel reduction perk doesn't update the relevant ship info tooltip.

3) The Hammer Barrage only has 20 ammo? The Cyclone also has 20 ammo! HB only gets 5 volleys @ 6000 dmg potential VS. Cyclone's 10 volleys @ 8000 damage potential. Yes the Cyclone is 6 OP more expensive but I think the HB could at least come with 2 or so more volleys (so 28 ammo or something).

4) Could anyone please explain it like I'm 5 and tell me why you'd take Carrier Command over Fighter Doctrine? Is Fighter Doctrine the obvious first choice and you'd only take Carrier Command if you intend to pilot a carrier...? Do they stack for you if you're piloting a carrier or what?

5) If an item is forbidden to trade at the market screen, you can't pick it up to rearrange it in your inventory. Very minor issue obviously but it's annoying to those who are inventory neat freaks...like me! :D

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2017, 02:47:04 PM »

4) Could anyone please explain it like I'm 5 and tell me why you'd take Carrier Command over Fighter Doctrine? Is Fighter Doctrine the obvious first choice and you'd only take Carrier Command if you intend to pilot a carrier...? Do they stack for you if you're piloting a carrier or what?

Yeah, pretty much. I felt like I needed both and the expanded crew decks hullmod before my flagship carrier could really operate with heavy resistance. I think they stack, but thats just from feeling.

Burlap

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2017, 02:58:40 PM »

I don't really have any constructive criticism, just wanted to stop by and post that this update is awesome. Great work guys, this is really fun for me (I love exploring  ;D). Looking forward to being able to build stuff out here one day!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27