Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: .8 feedback thread  (Read 104154 times)

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: .8 feedback thread
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2017, 07:53:38 PM »

Yep, tutorial can get quite difficult (and that's compared to Nexelerin with all faction mods). Played it twice to compare.

First time barely won, having to fight-retreat-fight while losing most ships and barely getting on scraps. Guess bad combination of D-mods on my ships + no access to blaster (to make wolf truly useful) + good ships on pirate side (2 hammerheads with relatively good variants using enough kinetics).

Second time easy win, enemy had no ships worth mentioning besides Venture (which was present both times).

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2017, 08:13:54 PM »

Aren't the ships you salvage always the same? If so I feel like the Hammerhead you recover is the key to an easy tutorial win...mine came already equipped with 2 Rail Guns and only 1 D-mod! It may have already come with 2 Sabot racks too (or you use the free weapons in storage to equip them) in which case I simply spammed them to overload the Venture and pretty much shut it down. Then the next fight against the enemy Enforcer I basically did the same: overload it with the Sabots and then Accel Ammo feeders FTW!

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2017, 10:19:18 PM »

Aren't the ships you salvage always the same?

Ships and D-mod count are the same, but which D-mods you get and what weapons they come with is random.
First time my D-mod on hammerhead was one that reduces flux efficiency. Probably the worst pick.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:21:00 PM by TaLaR »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2017, 11:13:37 PM »

Huh, I've done the tutorial twice now (accidentally wiped my first save when updating, but it wasn't that far in) and found it to be ok. The fighters from the Condor were key for me.

I picked Wolf + Shepard though, which is a very strong combat start.

Voyager I

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2017, 11:17:01 PM »

Yeah, Buddy Kite might have been my favorite thing about 0.72 but even going for a combat start it's hard to imagine not taking the Shepherd.  The borers do just fine at the job of distracting enemies so you aren't trying to fight straight 1v3s and then it also helps you scoop up free stuff left and right.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2017, 11:19:37 PM »

They also give a fantastic PD screen against fighters and missiles - really helps you concentrate on the killing. Usually I do have to stay close to it though, as if an enemy flanks around its drones it can die fast.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2017, 11:22:33 PM »

I actually sold the hammerhead before going to fight the miners. On the other hand, I fought the miner fleets one by one so yeah.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2017, 12:19:53 AM »

In tutorial you can get condor, with broadsword and piranha wings LPCs given by hegemony outpost it just annihilates everything.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2017, 05:43:10 AM »

First time barely won, having to fight-retreat-fight while losing most ships and barely getting on scraps. Guess bad combination of D-mods on my ships + no access to blaster (to make wolf truly useful) + good ships on pirate side (2 hammerheads with relatively good variants using enough kinetics).
It seems the loot is random on the derelict fleet.

When I played, I found and looted the heavy blaster from the Wolf (which got put on my undamaged starter Wolf, and there was a second Salamander somewhere.  I swiped the first one from my starter Shepherd, and replaced Swarmers and Ion Cannon on my Wolf for Salamanders and third PD laser)  Between it and the Condor with two Talons, they tore stuff up.

On the other hand, Hammerhead got junk for weapons.  Had to buy two Heavy Mortars to pair up with two Light Autocannons.  It performed adequately.  Was more useful as a budget meat shield.

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2017, 06:43:17 AM »

On the other hand, Hammerhead got junk for weapons.  Had to buy two Heavy Mortars to pair up with two Light Autocannons.  It performed adequately.  Was more useful as a budget meat shield.
My Hammerhead ended up with a Heavy Mortar and a Thumper. Slap Safety Overrides on that and you've got a monster of a ship (Accelerated Feeder Thumper has ludicrous damage against hulls).

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2017, 06:50:46 AM »

Safety Override would not be a good idea for my relatively weak fleet.  I do not remember the (D) mods, but one of them might have been Degraded Subsystems, and I used Hardened Subsystems to patch that up.  In that last miner battle, I had peak performance problems on a few ships.  Safety Override would have taken some of my ships out of the fight too soon.

The MVP award in that battle went to Condor with two Talons.

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2017, 08:01:01 AM »

I like the new weapons.  The Heavy Mortar fits in nicely between Light Assault Gun and Heavy Mauler.  The Devastator is wildly inaccurate but the explosions let you sneak some damage past enemies' shields.  Haven't used the Hammer Barrage yet but I've always been a fan of the humble Hammer so I'll find a use for it.

Also pleased to see that the Sunder(D) is available in vanilla markets because I liked the Ship and Weapon Pack version.  Safety Overrides and three Phase Lances make it a blast for pursuit and decent for regular battles.

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2017, 08:09:06 AM »

i went with arbalest, hvy mortar, rail, dual mg, vulcan vulcan at the back aux thrust and hardened subs.
wasn't a demon but it could hold its own.

i finally have hvy needler, hvy mauler on it :P

hammer barrage is eviiiiiiiiiil, i met in on an autonomous drone, treated it like a swarm missile not a torpedo, lost half my ship to the 1 glancing blow.
good lesson.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2017, 09:58:40 AM »

i went with arbalest, hvy mortar, rail, dual mg, vulcan vulcan at the back aux thrust and hardened subs.
wasn't a demon but it could hold its own.

i finally have hvy needler, hvy mauler on it :P

hammer barrage is eviiiiiiiiiil, i met in on an autonomous drone, treated it like a swarm missile not a torpedo, lost half my ship to the 1 glancing blow.
good lesson.
The REDACTED fleets are really aggressive with the torps. And I LOVE it! Twice I have been nailed by a Reaper in my Paragon after having vented and was waiting for my slow expanding shield (*has no Acceled shields or Front shield emitter...*)
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

deepcut

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2017, 11:47:24 AM »

0.8a-RC19

I started a new game with the tutorial, flew over to the debris field and was prompted with
"Press 6 to start scavenging"
Which I pressed and.. it did nothing. After a couple of moments I noticed it would do something if the skill was placed on the hot-bar.
This only happened the first time, and starting another game I couldn't reproduce it.

After scavenging the debris I flew to to the Hegemony orbital station where a patrol intercepted me and demanded I turn on my transponder. I pressed 1 to "Turn on transponder and comply" and then tried to leave.
Only to be immediately intercepted again with the message "I told you last time to keep your transponder on", resulting in combat and my ships being destroyed.
I can't find any control for the transponder in the UI or the key bindings, and the dialog didn't turn it on for me like it suggested.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27