Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: .8 feedback thread  (Read 104271 times)

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: .8 feedback thread
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 11:58:43 AM »

Also I really wish Sustained Burn didn't toggle itself off all the time. Especially for sensor pings.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 12:23:31 PM »

Also I really wish Sustained Burn didn't toggle itself off all the time. Especially for sensor pings.
Yes...
Also, I LOVE traverse jump ability. Although the nascent ump points I feel need to be different from what they are...
Edit: Energy weapons and shield hull mods needs to be more common. Along with hull mods dropping more in general. I think out of about 500 ships I've killed, I've gotten like 2 mods to drop.
And TT needs more markets. I love how they get ZERO new markets...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:29:04 PM by Midnight Kitsune »
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 12:54:34 PM »

This isn't the bug forum. And in case people have forgotten, the game is in alpha. If you don't want bugs, wait for version 1.0.

Title of the post is .8 feedback...go troll somewhere else, preferably off a high bridge.

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 01:14:09 PM »

Domain Drones can be really unfun to fight. At first it was fun, and a nice inversion of the usual playstyle (many players ships vs a few elite enemies) but they're just so maneuverable that you can't force a fight. I'm currently running an Industry fleet, so lots of trash boats, and I've spent most of my battles against them trying to pin them up against the walls of space (which seems odd) and get a few hits in before they flee. Lumens in particular just take some hits on shield and phase-skimmer away. I can try baiting them in by lowering shields but they respond too fast to take much advantage of it. The only things I've found that can chase them down and get their flux up so far are fighters, and there you're very dependent on whether or not your fighters arrive in a proper blob or string themselves out.

Battles basically seem to come down to chasing them around in circles with Destroyers until their CR runs low or they make a mistake and phase skim the wrong way.

Also: Not sure if this is a bug, but I got directed to scan a derelict 'in the heart' of a system- there was a derelict space station there, right in the star's corona, but I didn't get the option to scan it. I found one other derelict out by a jump point but it wasn't my target either. Save is here: https://www.mediafire.com/?4c2z7nxaao24u9o
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:31:57 PM by Talkie Toaster »

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 01:21:14 PM »

I don't think the ones that can phase skim are Domain Drones but rather part of the REDACTED.

But yeah, they are very speedy and I too have spent multiple battles chasing after the ones that are basically Wolf 2.0

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 01:31:23 PM »

I must have lucked out somehow, because the Lumens I fought just insta-died to swarms of pilums, salamanders, fighters and assorted D-grade garbage I fished out of derelict fields.

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 01:33:58 PM »

I must have lucked out somehow, because the Lumens I fought just insta-died to swarms of pilums, salamanders, fighters and assorted D-grade garbage I fished out of derelict fields.
That's sort of the problem- if they make a mistake, they die instantly. If they don't... they can be outnumbered 6:1, chased by 3 fighter wings, and run everyone out of CR. This is only at low level with a frigate/destroyer fleet so when you can concentrate firepower it might not be an issue, but I'm going for cheap (20-30k) scan bounties on the assumption they're the lowest level and my fleet just gets the runaround.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 01:39:52 PM »

This isn't the bug forum. And in case people have forgotten, the game is in alpha. If you don't want bugs, wait for version 1.0.

Title of the post is .8 feedback...go troll somewhere else, preferably off a high bridge.

That kind of language is not acceptable. You'll get a PM.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 03:02:51 PM »

Another vote that having the Aptitude categories grant nothing on level up really sucks.

It feels like my level is completely dead, if I want to maintain the build I'm aiming for.  They don't need to be BIG bonuses, but please, give us something!

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 05:41:47 PM »

Yeah they don't need to be build defining like the +% OP were, but if I had to come up with something nice but not mandatory quickly I'd say:

% damage (say 5% steps) piloted ship for Combat; (the least universally useful, to go with the least universally useful tree)
% damage reduction (5% steps? 3,3% steps?) for fleet - since that's something that every leadership user, fleet and self-piloted carrier, can use for Leadership
% fuel use and/or % sensor range (3,3% for max of 10%) for Technology (because everyone likes cheaper travel and more sensors)
% reduced CR recovery cost (3,3 or 5?) for Industry (because cheaper CR recovery is kind of the missing ingredient for a pure Industry playstyle and every playstyle will appreciate it)

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 06:05:26 PM »

Another vote that having the Aptitude categories grant nothing on level up really sucks.

It feels like my level is completely dead, if I want to maintain the build I'm aiming for.  They don't need to be BIG bonuses, but please, give us something!

eh, count me as a vote against. I don't think there's a point to having aptitude give bonuses and stacking small bonuses make things harder to calculate at times
mmm.... tartiflette

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 06:06:54 PM »

eh, count me as a vote against. I don't think there's a point to having aptitude give bonuses and stacking small bonuses make things harder to calculate at times
Then just make them another skill
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 06:47:46 PM »

Abolishing aptitudes would alleviate skill point tax.  Officers do not need to pay points for aptitudes.

I will take Technology 3 every game.  Must have Gunnery Implants 3 for more shot range and Power Grid Modulation 3 for faster venting and dissipation.  I will probably take the ECM skill for the +1% speed bonus, and maybe the skill that adds more max vents and +OP%.

I will take at least Combat 2 every game just for Evasive Maneuvers 1 and Helmsmanship 2 for more speed.  There are other nice combat skills, but those two are non-negotiable.  Even with all of the speed bonuses, ships still feel slow.

Industry has some very nice stuff.

Gennadios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 06:51:22 PM »

The tutorial *** me off.

I got dragged into a double battle with the pirates/miners, managed to limp away with only my two starter ships after combat stress crippled my woefully underequipped salvage fleet, and I ended up locked out of the spaceport. It's pretty clear my options were to wipe or win.

F*** it, waste of my time and I'm never touching it again.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 07:29:01 PM »

Hah, well, the tutorial does recommend that you try to lure away one of the two fleets and fight them separately! The tutorial actually starts you out with way more credits and resources so it's defs worth doing.

Guess Alex needs to balance that for players who totally despise the tutorial...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27