Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Hegemony patrol tells you to turn on transponder you don't have? Press F5  (Read 4043 times)

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile

Since a lot of people have had an issue with this in the tutorial and asked about it on Discord, I thought I'd post this here. The tutorial advances when you press the quicksave button (F5). If you run into the Hegemony patrol without saving every time the tutorial prompts you (it does this quite often) then the tutorial won't advance to the stage where you get access to the transponder.
Weapons Group Controls mod - deselect all weapon groups, hold-down hold-fire mode, toggle alternating/linked fire
Captain's Log - throw away your notepad: custom notes, ruins and salvageable reminders
Old Hyperion - for your dose of nostalgia
Adjustable Skill Thresholds - set fleet DP and fighter bay thresholds

736b

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Damn, thanks for this info. I was very confused.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile

Another thing is that you need to get three D mod ships in your fleet during the fleet salvaging part. If you don't, it won't progress
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

TeeKay421

• Ensign
    • View Profile

This thread is 4 years old and the problem hasn't been fixed?

This is brutal guys. My first time playing starsector met by instant frustration within minutes of starting. How turn on transponder.... after looking for a half hour, turns out the ship doesn't even have one. Great tutorial, top notch. Probably no point in changing or fixing it, cause it's not like a tutorial is important. *** it right?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hi - I'm sorry about the trouble! It has in fact been... well, "fixed" is too strong a word, since apparently it's still possible to miss, but the text telling you to save is more prominent and flashes.

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hi - I'm sorry about the trouble! It has in fact been... well, "fixed" is too strong a word, since apparently it's still possible to miss, but the text telling you to save is more prominent and flashes.
final step - put it in the middle of the screen even bigger  :D ;) ;)

edit: kinda not joking i missed it for a minute
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 04:07:56 AM by Satirical »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile

the text telling you to save is more prominent and flashes.

lol - I still just missed it until I realized the tutorial wasn't progressing. Until the player is FORCED to quicksave with ZERO other options available, it won't be enough and people will muck up the tutorial.