Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The return of flux scaling: Now for a hullmod. Is it possible?  (Read 1365 times)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

I've asked this question previously when I was designing the shipsystems for The Silent Armada, where ballistic rate of fire, flux venting, etc. are buffed to a point that scales with the ships current flux level.

Through a number of concepts to redo the combat system for the mod, I've decided that what I need is to instead have a similar mechanic but as a hullmod instead of system. Problem is, the BaseShipSystem and BaseHullMod (blah blah) classes have different factors, and I'm not sure if I can make a hullmod that allows dynamic changes to buffs...!

Any advice?

Specifically, the plan is a hullmod that constantly changes how much flux ballistic weapons generate, dropping the rate as the ship's flux level goes up. I can handle the FluxTrackerAPI somewhat - the difficulty is converting a shipsystem into a hullmod.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
Re: The return of flux scaling: Now for a hullmod. Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 11:33:13 AM »

Should be possible. I've seen a mod that makes hull repairs passively, as a per-tick script on every ship with that hullmod installed. Presumably you can link that to any hull mod. There are ship systems that modify attack damage. Presumably you can link that effect to the hull mod's effect.

I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire