Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: I'm bored.  (Read 40422 times)

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: I'm bored.
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2017, 05:50:26 AM »

IT'S OUT

Embercloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2017, 06:31:58 AM »

IT'S OUT

Don't toy with me like that
 :'(

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2017, 09:10:08 AM »

Go play some Brigador while you wait.

Beautiful little mech game with lots of carnage and action.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2017, 09:47:01 AM »

PS: Star Sector, as it was 2 years ago, was still the best, most rewarding 2d starship combat experience I have ever played, bar none. Excited to get back into 0.8 when it releases and enjoy the updates.
i wholeheartedly agree. 0.8 by itself brings a huge amount of stuff i'm reeeaaally looking forward to, and i know there will be lots more of exciting stuff after that. but even now Starsector is straight up my favorite game of recent years, and there isn't a single game out there that matches Starsector in both playstyle and quality.

the only thing where i think the current version of Starsector might be insufficient (for myself, that is) if it were a finished game is the amount of 'content' -- but that's only in regards to vanilla, and the amazing mods available more than make up for it.

still, i'm sure many people who might buy the game on steam wouldn't share my feelings above. releasing the game there before it's at the best it can be would be a waste.

Mysterhay

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2017, 09:55:58 AM »

What amazes me with Starsector is the quality of each release, I mean I'm genuinely surprised whenever there is a game crash even though *it's an alpha version with 20+ mods installed* (I'm talking about twice per 100 hours here, which is a far better record than any other game in my library).

And that combat... Just can't get enough of it. Whenever ballistic weapons fire and hit shields, 'dat sound in the void of space. Mmmmh...

But damn, with all those mods, I CANNOT WAIT for the weapon filters in the refit screen  :P

Seth

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2017, 07:33:24 PM »

And that combat... Just can't get enough of it. Whenever ballistic weapons fire and hit shields, 'dat sound in the void of space. Mmmmh...
Yes, and those explosions, flares and crackling sounds! Sweet mother of God!  :o

Elijah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2017, 04:30:42 AM »

Yes, Alex, give us some love  :'(

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2017, 08:14:02 AM »

He just did with the updated patch notes, go check'em out.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2017, 01:24:42 PM »

One more reason not to release to Steam right now: could you *imagine* the amount of *** bug reports and complaining the poor mod developers would be drowned in?

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2017, 09:04:14 AM »

Anyone familiar with a 7.2A compatible mod that builds on the games economy?

I've a couple mods installed, and I'm getting trade contracts for consumables not available on the game's market.

It made me realize I've not once seen a mod in the past several years that did a blessing to the game's economic systems.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2017, 09:12:32 AM »

It made me realize I've not once seen a mod in the past several years that did a blessing to the game's economic systems.
Mainly because the economy model is volatile and finicky? And that one bad mod can throw off the balance of it as well?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2017, 09:13:14 AM »

One more reason not to release to Steam right now: could you *imagine* the amount of *** bug reports and complaining the poor mod developers would be drowned in?
Also considering how many people constantly mix up modded and unmodded Starsector, yes. :P
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2017, 09:13:55 AM »

Mainly because the economy model is volatile and finicky? And that one bad mod can throw off the balance of it as well?

Is that really it? I came across a reddit post and someone seemed to have figured it out pretty well.

I just wanna build my armada with a economic powerhouse of trading & manufacturing damnit D:

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2017, 09:20:47 AM »

Is that really it? I came across a reddit post and someone seemed to have figured it out pretty well.

I just wanna build my armada with a economic powerhouse of trading & manufacturing damnit D:
Yes. For instance, the modders try to build their hand crafted systems so that they are self sufficient within themselves. But if you were to miss something like a demand metals for instance, it could eventually lead to stupid high supply prices. Hell, I know one player on Discord that says that his vanilla only game that is in cycle 237 has stupid high supply prices!
And while I'm sure the modders don't want to learn how to balance the economy again, we're all hoping that it will be easier and or less volatile to work with
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2017, 09:39:01 AM »

The introduction of the Persean League could help too. Part of the reason mod's have to be so self sufficient is because of hostilities to most major factions (or atleast the hegemony and tri-tachyon), which limit what stable markets you can trade with.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8