Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gunnery Implants "Reduces weapon recoil"... And achieves what? [ANSWERED]  (Read 5538 times)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

(It's late, I've been watching YouTube, and been mulling things over, so time for a quick query.)

The "Gunnery Implants" skill currently has a level 10 perk that allegedly "reduces weapon recoil" by 50% or something (can't remember off the top of my head what else it does). All well and good, but what does that actually mean? Does it simply decrease the rate at which sustained fire becomes inaccurate, or give some other bonus that I have yet to experience?

Just to clarify, I've never lasted long enough to unlock level 10 Gunnery Implants, so this question simply comes from a lack of experience.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 03:21:19 AM by AxleMC131 »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Gunnery Implants "Reduces weapon recoil"... And achieves what?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 02:27:25 AM »

(It's late, I've been watching YouTube, and been mulling things over, so time for a quick query.)

The "Gunnery Implants" skill currently has a level 10 perk that allegedly "reduces weapon recoil" by 50% or something (can't remember off the top of my head what else it does). All well and good, but what does that actually mean? Does it simply decrease the rate at which sustained fire becomes inaccurate, or give some other bonus that I have yet to experience?

Just to clarify, I've never lasted long enough to unlock level 10 Gunnery Implants, so this question simply comes from a lack of experience.
Yes you are right: It slows down how fast guns become inaccurate. That is indicated by the dots on the turret arc in battle in case you didn't know
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Gunnery Implants "Reduces weapon recoil"... And achieves what?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 03:20:45 AM »

Yes you are right: It slows down how fast guns become inaccurate. That is indicated by the dots on the turret arc in battle in case you didn't know

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up. :D

(And yes I did know about the dots marking the weapon's current field of random fire. Cursed Heavy Autocannons apparently don't have barrel rifling... :'( )

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It also halves maximum spread.  Normally inaccurate weapons like autocannons are significantly more accurate even after continuous fire.  That is the best part of Gunnery Implants 10, provided your ships use those weapons in the first place.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

It also halves maximum spread.  Normally inaccurate weapons like autocannons are significantly more accurate even after continuous fire.  That is the best part of Gunnery Implants 10, provided your ships use those weapons in the first place.

Oh, it reduces the spread too? Awesome. :) I should try aiming for this when I use ships with a lot of ballistic weaponry, thanks!

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile

Sagitarrius ADC from Interstellar Imperium is amazing with that ability. Also, vulcan cannons benefit hugely from this. The level 10 gunnery PLUS the hullmod "gunnery control" turns these weapons into hoses of death.

(confirmed using super heavy machine guns, heavy needler and vulcans with nothing, with lvl10 gunnery only, then hullmod only, then both)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 06:45:22 PM by majorfreak »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Sagitarrius ADC from Interstellar Imperium is amazing with that ability. Also, vulcan cannons benefit hugely from this. The level 10 gunnery PLUS the hullmod "gunnery control" turns these weapons into hoses of death.

(confirmed using super heavy machine guns, heavy needler and vulcans with nothing, with lvl10 gunnery only, then hullmod only, then both)

Duly noted. ;)