Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Choose a different online CC processor  (Read 2861 times)

2Jokerswild

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Choose a different online CC processor
« on: March 04, 2017, 12:07:15 PM »

BMT sucks. Know why I didnt buy your game? They declined 2 different credit cards due to "Our automated fraud screening service detected an unusually high risk with processing
your order."

Please ditch your *** CC processor and find someone else.  >:(

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Choose a different online CC processor
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 01:24:16 PM »

Sorry about the trouble! Clearly that's not a good thing to have happen - on the plus side, it doesn't happen often, though of course that's no help when it *does* happen.

The checks they do also do also help prevent fraud (which helps reduce costs all around, i.e. chargebacks etc), and they are, as far as I know, good about resolving these issues via email. Usually it's a case of the address on the credit card not matching the country where the order is coming from, or something similar, which they need to keep track of for purposes of VAT, as well. Or - and I'm not saying that this is the case in your case, but it's come up before - something like a fake address being entered.

Again, my apologies!

2Jokerswild

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 03:25:55 PM »

Appreciate the response, and no need to apologize. Not your fault, but I was all hyped up to play and then.....Couldnt buy it! I'll call Monday and sort it out but major bummer none the less.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 09:09:06 PM »

Thanks for your understanding! Sent you a PM :)

2Jokerswild

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 09:42:15 PM »

Aaaand best customer service ever. I replied to the email because apparently I cant read tonight. I tried the wifes credit card and, unsurprisingly, of course that one worked.   ;D

Well, it wasnt immediately denied so I expect the order should get approved "shortly". In the meantime huge thanks for all you've done!

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 10:00:08 PM »

Best of luck! Hopefully you'll be neck-deep in Starsector within a few days, and unable to escape.  8)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 08:46:47 AM »

Well, it wasnt immediately denied so I expect the order should get approved "shortly". In the meantime huge thanks for all you've done!

Looks like the order came through, let me know if you haven't got the email with your key and I can resend it. Thanks for your support!

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 01:18:13 PM »

...and this is why I've told countless people that this remains the best $10 I ever spent on a video game :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack